Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

wtf?
Is the size of the patch different for everyone? Shows 4.2 Gigs for me... Not that it matters (should dl in about 20 mins max :D) but still..

quixand said:
^^ But you should get double d/l speeds on Origin, I'm getting 500+ KBPS on a 2Mbps connection. Check a few posts back more members have the same scenario. (not that I'm complaining) :)
What is your ISP?

Me and another friend of mine both have Airtel 4 Mbps and are getting 800+ KBPS which is way beyond our speed limits,
may be airtel is being nice to us gamers for once..

everyone please provide ISP info lets get down to the bottom of this

Discussion regarding ISP's can be carried out in broadband forum ;)

And regarding update, I must say "Well done DICE and EA. BF3 is the best game I have played till date"

Sure, I just wanted to find out how come we are getting higher speeds for the BF patch...

I couldn't agree with you more BF3 is the one of best games I have played

adder said:
IRNV now sucks after update can't see a damn thing above 10 meters.

I think its better this ways than it was earlier,

A friend of mine used to get into a hardcore server, camp in a corner somewhere and kept on getting kills because of this scope
no skill at all just that it was dark and others couldn't spot him in time. they should may be make a little more powerful in the night maps at the same time making it useless in the day ones.

what do you think?

i hate origin. After putting on download full night in the morning i see that it starts updating from starting..:mad:
before sleeping it had downloaded 1.5gb and it was supposed to have downloaded till 3gb more by now. All waste. and now somehow the speed in origin shows 100KBps while my download widget shows 60KBps to give some comfort.

Origin isn't showing the correct download speeds...

59t44l.png

jatinwig said:
I think its better this ways than it was earlier,

A friend of mine used to get into a hardcore server, camp in a corner somewhere and kept on getting kills because of this scope

no skill at all just that it was dark and others couldn't spot him in time. they should may be make a little more powerful in the night maps at the same time making it useless in the day ones.

what do you think?

That makes lot more sense but yeah IRNV was too powerful before but now its too weak.

Thats better.... :)
adder said:
IRNV now sucks after update can't see a damn thing above 10 meters.

Its not too weak bro... Its perfect now.
Params7 said:
That makes lot more sense but yeah IRNV was too powerful before but now its too weak.

:bleh:.............. Where is Photon-attack?? He was also cursing origin yesterday night .....
devesh38 said:
i hate origin. After putting on download full night in the morning i see that it starts updating from starting..:mad:

before sleeping it had downloaded 1.5gb and it was supposed to have downloaded till 3gb more by now. All waste. and now somehow the speed in origin shows 100KBps while my download widget shows 60KBps to give some comfort.

I'm playing Back To Karkand maps. HOLY **** WOW! Almost every single building can be destroyed completely now. So much better I don't think I can go back to the base maps.

Playing on what??? PS3 if I am not wrong......
Params7 said:
I'm playing Back To Karkand maps. HOLY **** WOW! Almost every single building can be destroyed completely now. So much better I don't think I can go back to the base maps.

Correct me if I am wrong in saying that, After this update even some of the buildings which never used to get destroyed completely , can now be destroyed completely and with a nice rumbling sound.

If you are saying its amazing even on PS3, then we are eagerly waiting for it to see how it looks on PC :) How big are they if compared to Caspian border and kharg island??

chiragsthakur said:
:bleh:.............. Where is Photon-attack?? He was also cursing origin yesterday night .....

yeah. origin screws up for me if I pause the download in the middle, close and restart. so started the download around yesterday evening, woke up at 2 am to make sure everything went right. then only was able to sleep peacefully :p

yet to start the game. lemme see how it turns out to be.

_

Looking good...chirag was online for a DM last night...that was fun. There is some dudes who really dominate, so its kind of tough to get them. I actually had to pick up a F2000 lying around (play as an engineer, so no long shots for us boys otherwise) and go around on the caspian border map. I guess that was one of my best streaks for quite a while. Luckily the gun was equipped with a suppressor as well, so kept me hidden. The bad part was I had only 100-110 bullets, so ran out pretty quickly and then had to use the handgun...not a bad run..i think i got 12-13 kills before getting bumped while running back to my side of the map..

Chirag seems to like to get on my ass....lol

KD ratio moved up to .80 from around .67-.68 over the last few days, so am very happy with that...

^^ :eek:hyeah: I usually keep running here and there in search of enemies, and you used to be the first enemy in front of me... bad luck ;) I love sienna crossing for TDM.... I think you also got me twice... Who was that Ultramag?? He was good, but we were searching each other mostly in that jungle area near the river in Caspian border... He used to kill me and then in the next deployment I used to get him, it was fun..

I think even Kvikram was there with us, I am behind his a$$ more than yours :p

And yeah I forgot to add my dream that I had yesterday night. I was playing TDM in operation firestorm. 7 enemies were standing in a straight line besides each other on the roof... I climbed up and killed each one of them,one at a time with a knife :S ....

LOL....now your even dreaming of it...all signs of a great immersive experience. anyway, looks like your sig has not been updated for a while now...

Ya its not updated.... I will do it later :)
mav2000 said:
LOL....now your even dreaming of it...all signs of a great immersive experience. anyway, looks like your sig has not been updated for a while now...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have read somewhere in battlelog that using suppressor decreases accuracy... does it? Haven't tried suppressor yet
mav2000 said:
Luckily the gun was equipped with a suppressor as well, so kept me hidden.

Back