Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

I forgot to mention another aspect. The attention to detail in the game is beyond compare. Notice those hex. nuts on the canopy of the F-18 jet, the amount of character detailing, those Arab notices stuck on the walls of the sewer, the way the player vaults over some obstacle when jumping (similar to how Faith does it in Mirror's Edge or Shepard in ME 2) etc. At some point I merely paused the game and was staring over these little things.

mrcool63 said:
@gannu.. a 6950 is able to pull that off? amazing.. but many reviews state that campaign is cliched and like playing older ones?

Yeah I was pretty surprised too. Was getting a constant 55~60 fps all across. Maxed out all the settings and the frames dropped instantly to 35~40 and yet it was playable. But the choppiness was evident. The engine scaled well nonetheless.

Every other war based FPS these days have a similar plot like quix pointed out. Notice that towards the end of the recent MW3 trailer, they reverse the letter 'W' in 'WW3' to indicate the MW3 logo pointing out something in the likes of World War 3.
asingh said:
@Gannu:

What FoV you used..?

The default settings. 70 I suppose.

@quix: I bet MW3 campaign is going to be killer. There were a lot of moments to cherish and recall in MW2. :p

chiragsthakur said:
591484ea90a3ee5b5d.jpg

Infected: I am cominggg in in 30mins :)

did you buy the game when the steel book offer was present?

@quix: I bet MW3 campaign is going to be killer. There were a lot of moments to cherish and recall in MW2.

Without a shadow of a doubt. I was off gaming for 2 years before MW2 came out and it coincided with my laptop purchase.

Games runs absolutely smoothly in SP as well as MP.. But after playing for some time in MP, it hangs and crashes back to browser...Was playing SP for 1hr, but no such prob in SP

Restart Origin...there is another update for Origin this time :)

Also, My 'Guide' just arrived too....max rank is 145 :) Good Luck people...thats gonna now take sometime....

Preview 3 driver...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone experiencing BF3 MP crash to desktop without any error?? SP runs extremely well... MP giving problems...

chiragsthakur said:
Games runs absolutely smoothly in SP as well as MP.. But after playing for some time in MP, it hangs and crashes back to browser...Was playing SP for 1hr, but no such prob in SP

not single crash till now Sp as well as MP .

Still BF3 didn't defeat COD in SP story . COD still make you think you are part of story but BF3 didn't gave that feeling . But MP is F@cing awesome . jet awesome though it take time to understand it . Must say BF3 has better control compare to BFBC2

ram_dante said:
Me ordered it on letsbuy :ashamed:
wonder when I ll get my copy! grrr!
Did you get any information from letsbuy. Even I made a mistake of pre ordering from letsbuy and I doubt the delivery anytime before second week of NOV. I am thnking to cancel my order and get it from flipkart.

I dont get any buzzing sound..But tried everything, still game hangs in MP after almost 5 to 10mins of playing... SP runs like charm... No complaints for it though
jojothedragon said:
I'm experiencing the "Buzz Sound" hard crash again. :(

DICE!!!! :mad:

Hello guys . I have just started to play bc2 till my rank reach 15 that i got bf3. So i dont think i wil play bc2 anymore. Also it was my first mp game i ever played in life. Just asking, whether you got physical warefare pack from flipkart? I do not got but i got steal case.

Also my origin id is "iittopper" . Please add me . Cheers!

iittopper said:
Hello guys . I have just started to play bc2 till my rank reach 15 that i got bf3. So i dont think i wil play bc2 anymore. Also it was my first mp game i ever played in life. Just asking, whether you got physical warefare pack from flipkart? I do not got but i got steal case.

Also my origin id is "iittopper" . Please add me . Cheers!

Same here! Didn't get physical warfare pack from Flipkart :/

I finished the SP till the comrades mission and played MP for some time.

I have to say i haven't enjoyed MP this much since MW1. This game is top notch and runs like a charm too.

FPS of the year alright

Back