Car & Bike BBC Top Gear - Discussion Thread

Keen viewers of the show must have heard Jeremy saying something about visiting India a few weeks back by Air India during the interview with Mr.Bob Geldof. I wonder what's cooking? I would most definitely want them to visit India and do a race or challenge with cheap second hand cars. Anyone with updates/info about Top Gear's visit to India please post it here!!!

I thought it was one of the best episodes in a very long time :D the 70's cop show segment had me literally laughing, the Lotus segment was interesting as well and the demolition derby segment started out quite funny though lagged slightly at the very end.

^ True... the 70's segment was total laugh riot. But the Lotus segment stole the show for me. It was, as Jeremy put it, quite scary but very informative as well. The whole explanations on the importance of speeding in F1 races was very interesting. The demolition segment started off okay, got little funnier in middle and didn't end that brilliantly as I hoped, but all in all it was a fine episode. Maybe not as brilliant as couple of first episodes, but pretty good. :)

The 70's clip was humorous and the F1 experience had me completely glued to the screen , holding my breath ! :D The demolition part ..ermm got a little bored :p

I think Season 9 of Top Gear was the best season yet. I mean the whole season was good. Every episode.
Started off with the trio trying to repave the D5481 in 24hrs.
2nd episode had May driving the Veyron to its top speed.
3rd episode was where they go to USA to buy cheap cars to see if its easier to rent or buy.
4th was where they used a reliant robin to make a rocket.
5th was where they try to grow petrol with huge tractors
and 6th had them making Limos.
All good episodes.

Top Gear - Season 17, Episode 6 - 7/10.

Okay sort of episode. The part with electric cars was good.

Series 18 begins in December with a possible road trip to India (rumoured!).

^ Yeh found it yesterday. For some reason TED app wasn't getting proper HD episode and even TPB wasn't showing any in searches. Anyway, I liked the the last episode, it wasn't as awesome as first couple but the Lambo bit was really good... and I think the electric car segment was pretty well done. It was kinda required to show the real drawbacks as Jezza is always criticized for playing down the electric cars. But I agree with TG here that electric cars are novel concept but it's just not there yet as practical solution. Finally, the rally with amputee soldiers was really touching and inspiring. I really wish those guys make it to and through the Dakar rally.

It's sad that the season is already over. Damn, I hate short seasons, plus there was no special episode this time.... maybe there is and it will be aired/released sometime in future (like the Middle East special episode of season 15). Wishful thinking. :)

Back