Best 3G Modem

^ If the signal is low, its better to invest in a good antenna which you can place outside the window to get the maximum signal. I don't think getting a higher end modem will improve the signal quality very much.

does any body use 2g edge(not 3g) for long duration in this huawei modem does it heat???

its hard to get e176 in ebay or anywhere else

will modem prices come down in a month or two do you suggest me to buy a e1750 now or wait?? now its price is about 2650
have anybody bought the modem for higher prices in the past?? so that we can realise that prices are dropping..

Just as a warning to potential E176 or E1750 or E1752 buyers, these modems and a few others do NOT work with BSNL West Zone. THey keep throwing up random 619 and 628 errors, although they connect to the network, and are able to send USSD commands.

If anyone else has faced similar problems in the West zone or any other area, please update.

6pack said:
^ thanks for clearing that up. i knew it would be useless for torrents. torrents usually saturate even landline connections so no way the gsm providers will allow those. If i'm not wrong, I think its best for those on bsnl 500 combo plan. For 95 bucks you get 6GB of browsing for sites or to download from megaupload etc, plus you get additional 1.5Gb of data transfer from the combo plan which can be used to seed torrents if required or download files.
I Do 60 GB per Month:bleh:
And Whats this RS 95? the Minimum bill u can get on 500c is 550

I am using huawei E122 for BSNL 3G but it can be used with only one PC, I have 2 laptop. I am looking for 3G router and find huawei E585 good option. It is a portable and can be used as modem also. The problem with this Mi-Fi is, it doesnt have external antenna support. I am having coverage problem and now i am using external antenna along with USB cable. It gives me decent speed.
Is there any other 3G router with external antenna support and would be portable as E585.

That's right i agree on the same as you already have a USB modem, why not get a good router and just use it with the same. There are plenty of routers available from 3k onwards in ebay.

Dushie said:
That's right i agree on the same as you already have a USB modem, why not get a good router and just use it with the same. There are plenty of routers available from 3k onwards in ebay.
varkey said:
E585 is a Mifi device, which has an inbuilt modem. As you already have the E122, just get a good 3G router. :)

I had this option in mind but i am looking for all in one device. If there is no option, then i will go for router.

Back