Budget 15-20K "Best" Android phone for under 20k?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Can you guys give me some personal recommendations for the best phone under 20k? Regardless of the specs or brand or even what I want.
Please state your reasons for it if possible. I'm thinking of getting one during this Republic Day sale if possible.

I've also read the template and looked into my requirements and couldn't find a phone which I really like so I'll choose only the relevant info from the template (just for formality's sake).

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k max.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: FHD. Super AMOLED would be great (M51)

3. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G. Don't need 5G.

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I like Moto for its stock Android. I used to hate Xiaomi phones for its MIUI interface and bloatwares. And Oppo, Vivo phones etc. I should mention that I don't know how to root phones.

5. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, video recording and light gaming. I need 60fps for 1080p. Don't need 4k.

6. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM with dedicated MicroSD card slot

7. New or Used?
A: New is preferred. Old is fine if I get a good deal on phones less than 2 years old with good battery life. 2+ years is a big NO. Especially those users who play games a lot and charge a hundred times a day.

8. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup. Nothing less than 5000mah battery if possible. Fewer options I know. Need SD730G chipset minimum.

9. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M51 has almost everything which I need. What it doesn't have are: 60fps video recording and stabilized video recording. Just these two
Moto Fusion Plus. But it doesn't have a dedicated MicroSD card slot. I want to add 128GB card. Also 5000mah battery. If it had 6000mah battery it would have been an instant pick.
Moto G9 Power. This was my first choice. But the the HD+ screen and lack of dedicated card slot hurt it.
I currently own a Moto G5+.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It is a very good phone though. I have two of them in a dozen people household and those two are literally the most hassle free purchases ever! :D
100% agreed. I would buy it again if it was available. G3 and G5+ are my fav Moto Android smartphones. Google was really something back in the day.
^ I'd be happy to see a personalized satisfying reply from Samsung CEO :)
i.e. not a routine (or automated) reply from Samsung team members !
Yes I know lol. But I asked a very specific question so I'm looking forward to their response.

FYI, F62 is back at 18k on Flipkart . With Axis FK card would come up at 16.15k.

FYI, F62 is back at 18k on Flipkart . With Axis FK card would come up at 16.15k.

Exynos

Flipkart thinks that Northeast states are in China so they don't ship to my location. Honestly? F them.

Yeah but it is quite powerful(Exynos 9825). Nearly equivalent to SD 860. It does heat up a bit. Can anyone with hands on experience with F62 chime in?
Best friend have one. I have the other variant M51. Both are recommended. F62 more due to faster processor and full samsung ui. even after throttling exynos 9825 is a beast. samsung dialer also allow anonymous call recording. you can get more discount with corporate discount on sammy website.

Best friend have one. I have the other variant M51. Both are recommended. F62 more due to faster processor and full samsung ui. even after throttling exynos 9825 is a beast. samsung dialer also allow anonymous call recording. you can get more discount with corporate discount on sammy website.
It is a weird phone which would have been priced much higher atleast 10k going by Samsung pricing had it had an equivalent snapdragon processor ( SD 860 ).

It is a weird phone which would have been priced much higher atleast 10k going by Samsung pricing had it had an equivalent snapdragon processor ( SD 860 ).
Also the same phone with same processor if it was renamed to a62 would sell for 10k more in offline market.

Offline market is just for suckers. Imagine buying something for 50% more just because you were unaware of online portals or not used to them

Also the same phone with same processor if it was renamed to a62 would sell for 10k more in offline market.

Offline market is just for suckers. Imagine buying something for 50% more just because you were unaware of online portals or not used to them
Um..no, generally people with some knowledge of technical specs of a phone go for online. Earlier this year I was enquiring for phones like M51, M31, M21, Iphone se 2020 and got quotes from offline sellers and they were same as the online listings at that time. F62 already is priced at nearly 27k and I'm guessing because of extremely poor sales goes regularly on sale for around 18k. Offlne market for the other phones I listed will be better as even if one would expect same level of support for both offline and online purchases it would not be the case in reality atleast not in small cities with a dearth of official service centres.

Thought of getting a stock android phone but if F62 comes back again to 18K, will buy it.

Back