BEST F1 Game Ever Formula 1 fans Rejoice F1 2010 is here

^ Yeah I know simulator isn't the word exactly :S . Its too real like and I am not able to handle it .From what I remember you are pro at these , please help me with some tips .I just borrowed a 360 controller from a friend to learn this .

Just got into playing this game since a few days, like others my fingers started aching with the keyboard so had to go buy a XBOX 360 controller. Loving the game, although I come 24th all the time lol!! :p

sunny27 said:
AMAZING GAME!!!!!!
began a new season today (acquired the game at 2am) and after 3 hours of driving I got sore numb hands. I need a new driving wheel controller to play this game. Following the pre-demarcated racing line is tough with a keyboard.
I have a Logitech MOMO in excellent condition. Let me know if you want to buy it, I will let it go for cheap.
No shipping headache either since we are in the same city.

tifosi said:
^ This game is nowhere near a simulator . It's scripted physics :lol:
Most sims including GTR 2 use 'scripted' physics :p. They basically keep reading data from a spreadsheet about how the car should react under any given circumstance.

Only LFS and iRacing perform all physics calculations in real-time.

The driving is sucky. I got bored after a few races, the cars have too much grip in the fast corners and understeer too much on the way out of slow ones, even at super-low grip settings. TC is ridiculous, it needs to be always set at medium or the car spins out of slow corners and then it sucks power on fast exits.

Then penalties, you rub wheels and get slapped with a warning. You go off-line and try to get back on the racing line and get slapped with 'illegal blocking'. Ridiculous.

Not a sim at all, seeing that everyone on the Codies forum is actually beating real laptime records which should be impossible to do if it was realistic. Personally, even the much-ridiculed NFS shift has more realistic handling model even though you clock 6:xx laps on Nurburgring when the lap record is above 7:xx.

For GP games, my favorite is still GP4, always feels like a real car and one that is tough to master. You shouldn't be able to put a Lotus on pole in two races, that's just plain wrong.

saumilsingh said:
I have a Logitech MOMO in excellent condition. Let me know if you want to buy it, I will let it go for cheap.

No shipping headache either since we are in the same city.

Most sims including GTR 2 use 'scripted' physics :p. They basically keep reading data from a spreadsheet about how the car should react under any given circumstance.

Only LFS and iRacing perform all physics calculations in real-time.

Yes I know :p I had subscribed to iRacing for some time. All I was saying was this game shouldn't be confused with a sim.

Here's Hamilton trying to overtake climbing on the wall :lol:

^^LMFAO!! THIS GAME JUST SUCKS!! YOU SHUD POST IT ON THE OFFICIAL FORUM.. It's gonna set them off if they dont already know about it

cranky said:
The driving is sucky. I got bored after a few races, the cars have too much grip in the fast corners and understeer too much on the way out of slow ones, even at super-low grip settings. TC is ridiculous, it needs to be always set at medium or the car spins out of slow corners and then it sucks power on fast exits.

Not a sim at all, seeing that everyone on the Codies forum is actually beating real laptime records which should be impossible to do if it was realistic. Personally, even the much-ridiculed NFS shift has more realistic handling model even though you clock 6:xx laps on Nurburgring when the lap record is above 7:xx.

For GP games, my favorite is still GP4, always feels like a real car and one that is tough to master. You shouldn't be able to put a Lotus on pole in two races, that's just plain wrong.
I am not defending this game as I know it wasn't meant to be a hardcore sim in the first place but you just described what an F1 car drives like :p.

As for the faster than real life laptimes, it's a very common phenomena and is a result of unlimited practice time, no random elements and ZERO fear of serious injury to yourself or the car. Even a difference of 5 seconds is nothing alarming.
It's even more pronounced at the Nordschleife because it's a very long track that no one knows their way around a 100% perfectly. You can only remember some of the corners in a 'rhythmic' sort of way. Trying to completely memorize it corner by corner is impossible.

And yeah, GP4 rocks :D.

Saumil my point was that F1 cars have incredible amounts of mechanical grip, but are also flighty and need wings to hold them down at speed. The game is the exact opposite of this, there's not enough mechanical grip even after softening the car up - specially on exit from slow corners, and the cars simply stick to the road around fast bends even when the wings are dialled completely flat (they should be understeering like crazy over 130R, Pouhon and Parabolica - you get the idea). So you have to brake much later than normal around the quick bits and much earlier around the slow ones. Obviously you're gonna be quicker than real laptimes.

Actually the 2010 cars have even less aero grip due to the small rear wing, but somehow the game makes it very newbish. The cars should be flying around Monaco at high grip settings, but it just feels crazy because you constantly outbrake yourself, even when you actually don't :D sure it can be mastered, but I'm not prepared to change my driving style to master a game that gets it totally wrong. Grid was a arcade-style fun game, this one feels wonky.

This modelling was spot-on with GP4 if you played it in full simulation mode (incredibly hard, I must add) even if the graphics were sucky. If memory serves me right, even the old EA F1 2000 got this correct. Both these games were supremely difficult but were at least real. If I came 20th, I knew it was because I sucked. Here, I start winning races in a sucky car one race after career start (if the AI does pit which it doesn't always).

It also spoiled my rythm in the better games which I now have to re-learn. Feathering the throttle is what you *have* to do to get a clean exit from slow corners. btw Nordschleife is awesome - can't claim to be an expert, but I have three clean runs (no damage, 100% corners, lap record) to my credit on different sittings at the game. I just love the track, except when there are other people on it :D And it *is* possible to know the track well. I may have done over 200 laps and I basically know when I'm doing something wrong. I guess once you cross 1000 laps you get to master it totally (know of Sabine Schmidt? :D).

1000 laps is the norm for absolutely mastering a normal 4-5km. circuit (or coming pretty close to it).
The ring would require much much more; I am guessing around 2500-3000 laps :p.

I thought the aerodynamic grip levels were pretty accurate. Even the FIA GT cars in GTR 2 don't understeer too much in the long fast corners of Monza and Spa even at very low wing settings. And F1 cars are supposed to be even better.
It's the mechanical grip levels that I think are exhagerrated. It's near impossible to spin the car out when exitting slow corners even when playing with a keyboard and no TC.

If you're saying 1000 laps in a sim, then that's definitely not a norm :p

A professional racing driver will take 25-30 laps to master a *real* track(along with sometime at a simulator). So if you've been playing sims for sometime, and the sim is a decent sim, and also considering that not all physical elements are simulated in a sim, you aren't a professional racing driver(-), you should be able to achieve consistency in 25-30 laps, and 20-35 laps more depending on your definition of mastery :p This is assuming you have a decently setup car and not doing the setting up in parallel to your learning.

Anyway, this is completely OT.

20 laps is what it takes to learn the layout of the track. I am talking about absolutely nailing the damn thing. Knowing where each and every bump is, where not to put your front wheels, knowing the braking markers in accordance with the treeline, knowing where it is actually faster to go wide rather than sticking to traditional lines, etc.

Real life drivers don't have the liberties sim drivers do. They can't do 1000 laps in a real car at any track at any given time according to their whims. But if they could, I wouldn't be surprised if their laptimes dropped by atleast 0.300 seconds.

hey simmer's, post some lap times, host some f1 action, do something, its kinda getting boring in single player mode :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

F1 2010 Patch News

It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currently…

The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:
1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.
In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-
1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-
1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.
This list is not exhaustive of the issues being addressed in the patch but a snap shot of the key improvements. Please keep your feedback coming though as it is invaluable both for the work on the patch and for the design of F1 2011.

Once the patch goes into submission, we’ll try to give you guys a heads up as to when it will be live and ready to download as soon as we know.

Thanks for your continued support & feedback.

The F1 2010 Development Team.

[All] F1 2010 Patch News - Codemasters Forums

rahulmig said:
Unable to find cd key >>help

While clicking on F12010.exe..it says no disc inserted

Maybe you should ask for help from the same place you got the CD key...:p

rahulmig said:
Unable to find cd key >>help

While clicking on F12010.exe..it says no disc inserted

CD key is at the back of the booklet, try inserting the disk if it says no disk inserted?

swordfish123 said:
Got the xbox 360 controller today. It so much better than playing with the keyboard. My lap times have also considerably reduced.

Seems M$ is gonna sell a lot of these controllers thanks to F1 2010 :)

Back