Best game of 2011

It really unfair to compare all these games form different genres...even portal 2 can't be compared with the other shooters.its unique..but at the end of the day if given one choice and only one.i'd have to go for Skyrim.Truly EPIC!
A year later people will be talking about BF4 and COD9 instead but people will still be talking about Skyrim.That's for sure.

It has to be Witcher 2 for me. Closely followed by Portal 2. Although, I still havent played Skyrim, Arkham City, LA Noire and AC: Revelations. All are in pipeline. Deus Ex: HR was awesome too. Worthy addition to the series.

BTW, I think I am the only person who thoroughly enjoyed Saints Row the Third. I mean, I wont give it any GOTY award or anything, but it was hands-down the most over-the-top fun I had in any game since Vice City and San Andreas!

BF3 would sure win Best MP, no doubt in that. But GOTY would be Deus Ex:HR OR Portal 2 OR Uncharted 3 (IF considering all platforms)

Deus Ex :HR was the best in all the games that i have played in this year. Mainly because of the style of gameplay. Portal 2 was also great but in the end its a puzzle solving game.

Guys who have been raving about games like Deus ex and portal 2, my question to you guys is, have you played Skyrim? I can understand people prefering Battlefield 3 over Skyrim since the former is a multiplayer game and many here are battlefield fanboys but I cannot for the love of it understand why someone would prefer another RPG over Skyrim. That is just wrong on so many levels. I have played both Witcher 2 and Deus Ex and the experience doesn't even come close to what Skyrim offers.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions but that opinion would be wrong and incomplete if the person hasn't played and experienced all the games on the list or at least the top ones.

MW3 will get nominated for Xbox since IGN sees it as an Xbox franchise.

BF3 missing out isn't necessarily a bad thing here. Witcher 2, Portal 2 etc are GOTY worthy, too.

But since this is IGN, I'm guessing its some kind of agenda against BF3.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Everyone has his taste for games, I like First person shooters and so for me BF3 is the best game till date. A game of our liking keeps us engaged no matter how good or better the other games are. I hope you have played the MP of BF3. I agree that keeping every aspect of game in mind, Skyrim is bar far a better game than BF3 but BF3 is the game which gives me goosebumps and thats the I enjoy this game :) BF3 fanboys are those who wont touch COD, but we play both ....

quixand said:
MW3 will get nominated for Xbox since IGN sees it as an Xbox franchise.

BF3 missing out isn't necessarily a bad thing here. Witcher 2, Portal 2 etc are GOTY worthy, too.

But since this is IGN, I'm guessing its some kind of agenda against BF3.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

I don't smell any agenda here. Both Call of Duty and Battlefield 3 haven't been nominated for the Game of the year award on any of the platforms. And rightly so too, MW3 was basically the same game as previous COD titles whereas Battlefield 3 looked impressive only because of improved graphics. You take the new engine out of the equation and BF3 was pretty much a standard FPS affair. A great game but nothing we haven't seen before.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiragsthakur said:
Everyone has his taste for games, I like First person shooters and so for me BF3 is the best game till date. A game of our liking keeps us engaged no matter how good or better the other games are. I hope you have played the MP of BF3. I agree that keeping every aspect of game in mind, Skyrim is bar far a better game than BF3 but BF3 is the game which gives me goosebumps and thats the I enjoy this game :) BF3 fanboys are those who wont touch COD, but we play both ....

Yes, I have played BF3 MP for more than 10 hours and have completed the single player campaign 2 times. I am not saying BF3 is not a great game but that Skyrim offers a much better overall game experience than any of the other titles released this year. Even if you are not an RPG fan, Skyrim has enough to suck you in.

Bluffmaster said:
Guys who have been raving about games like Deus ex and portal 2, my question to you guys is, have you played Skyrim? I can understand people prefering Battlefield 3 over Skyrim since the former is a multiplayer game and many here are battlefield fanboys but I cannot for the love of it understand why someone would prefer another RPG over Skyrim. That is just wrong on so many levels. I have played both Witcher 2 and Deus Ex and the experience doesn't even come close to what Skyrim offers.
A lot of people still haven't played Skyrim, leave alone completing it. So for me, personally, I voted for Deus Ex: HR out of the ones that I have already played (and completed). BTW people have voted for other games as well and even if they did prefer any other RPG over Skyrim, what's the big deal? Like you said, it's their personal choice.

You seem to be die hard fan of BF3 SP :p I havent completed BF3 Sp even once... I play MP only.. So you can understand what has kept me in this game for 80hrs and counting... I agree with you that skyrim should be GOTY, but my vote goes to BF3 just coz I am loving it. :) and sorry but Skyrim didnt suck me in as BF3 did, but still I agree with you

As yet 21 votes for BF3 here and its leading not coz people dont like other games, but this game is fast.... Join, Compete, Kill, Die, Save our friends, Unlock weapons, Increase rankings and what not...... :) TBH for a guy like me who is working from 8 to 7, a game like BF3 makes me feel better....
Bluffmaster said:
Yes, I have played BF3 MP for more than 10 hours and have completed the single player campaign 2 times. I am not saying BF3 is not a great game but that Skyrim offers a much better overall game experience than any of the other titles released this year. Even if you are not an RPG fan, Skyrim has enough to suck you in.

Bluffmaster said:
I don't smell any agenda here. Both Call of Duty and Battlefield 3 haven't been nominated for the Game of the year award on any of the platforms. And rightly so too, MW3 was basically the same game as previous COD titles whereas Battlefield 3 looked impressive only because of improved graphics. You take the new engine out of the equation and BF3 was pretty much a standard FPS affair. A great game but nothing we haven't seen before.

Very interesting that MW3 wasn't nominated for GOTY for Xbox. I guess better sense prevailed. Looking forward to the new sets of IGN Podcasts now.

Regarding Skyrim Deus Ex debate, I think it's a stylistic choice more than anything else. Some people dig sci-fi more than Medieval Fantasy, some the other way around.

I still haven't played much of the main quest, so I don't know how rewarding and satisfied one feels at the end of Skyrim. Dragon Age: Origins was a good example of a great sense of achievement and enough interest for the next game.

No doubt the best game for me is Crysis 2 with stunning visuals, excellent gameplay and storyline (cry engine rules:) ) The second in my list would be portal 2, another gem.

Guys, I haven't played the Elder scroll series... Skyrim is fifth game.

I wanna play this series (read your comments about skyrim :) )

So which Elder Scroll game should I start with???

eww.. Skyrim didn't suit me , using a hammer or sword attacks seems less engaging in a fight. But i liked spells in it :D hihi

will vote for BF3 > Bac > ACR > C2

Back