PC Peripherals Best mid-size to full-size cabinet

st_sarc

Disciple
I have been lately struggling to get a good cabinet which will fit in my room. Major space constraints. :(
Max height : 22inches(55.88 cm)
Max depth : 20 inches(50.81 cm)

My graphics card : Gigabyte G1 GTX 970. It's the longest one out there.

Looking for:
Looks are great.
Excellent cable management.
Good dust filters everywhere.
Spacious.
Hot swap hard disks (not really necessary, though).
Bay for optical drive.
At least 3-4 stock fans.

Budget: Can go up to 15000.

If someone could help, that would be really great. Been searching for a week now and couldn't find one.

Please do let me know if you require any more information.

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 -15,900. (Amazon.in Price)

I think you can get a lot cheaper locally from Acro Engineering which handles the Cooler Master distribution in India.

That's awesome! Thanks so much!

Are there any other ones that you know of? Something similar to that? :D

I came across a couple of them..
THERMALTAKE CABINET COMMANDER G41
Cooler Master K380
NZXT Source 530
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03

What do you think of them?

That's awesome! Thanks so much!

Are there any other ones that you know of? Something similar to that? :D

I came across a couple of them..
THERMALTAKE CABINET COMMANDER G41
Cooler Master K380
NZXT Source 530
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03

What do you think of them?
None of the above cabinets can come closer to Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 when compared.

Read this article once:http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-atx-mid-tower-pc-cases/

What's wrong with chassis manufacturers these days?

That is a mid tower case and its no doubt a great mid tower, but it definitely doesn't look like a 10k+ case considering that I purchased a CM Stacker 830 for a similar price and that is quite a feature rich and premium full tower aluminium case for its time.
Even my gigantic Xigmatek Elysium cost no more than 10k. It may be a no frills case compared to Stacker 830, but it makes a Full ATX motherboard look like a Mini ITX and whether you want to do water cooling or air cooling, it's excellent for both.

In contrast, what is this steel and plastic chassis offering for 12k, neither size or features apparently. Modular my foot.

What's wrong with chassis manufacturers these days?

That is a mid tower case and its no doubt a great mid tower, but it definitely doesn't look like a 10k+ case considering that I purchased a CM Stacker 830 for a similar price and that is quite a feature rich and premium full tower aluminium case for its time.
Even my gigantic Xigmatek Elysium cost no more than 10k. It may be a no frills case compared to Stacker 830, but it makes a Full ATX motherboard look like a Mini ITX and whether you want to do water cooling or air cooling, it's excellent for both.

In contrast, what is this steel and plastic chassis offering for 12k, neither size or features apparently. Modular my foot.

I actually agree with you. Even the NZXT Phantom costs around 13k. CM Storm Stryker too. LOT of great cases out there for around 13k.
MasterCase Pro 5 is pretty good for me and suits all my purposes. But, I also think it's not worth 12k. Maybe around 7k.

But considering my requirements, there's no other case out there which meets them. :(
If you could suggest one, that would be absolutely great! My major issue is the desk space constraint. :(

Cant you get a full tower and keep it on the floor instead of desk?

I own the bigger brother of your card, the Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming and they are definitely some of the longest cards. Even my HPTX capable Xigmatek Elysium, In order to install this card, I had to undo a fan mod that I had done to blow air on to my previous MSI 6950 Twin Forzr II cross fire setup and those cards are by no means small cards either. If you are looking for mid towers, you would have to look for those that don't have any HDD bays near the graphics card area.

I am planning to keep it under the desk only, on the floor. On my desk, I have absolutely no space. I have cupboards and stuff above the desk. It was meant to be a study table kind of thing, made around 10 years back. :p

Yeah, it'll be difficult to get my graphics card fit in there. But, it's possible apparently. I can remove the HDD bays from there. It supports a total of 2 optical drives, 5-6 HDDs and 2 HDDs near the PSU area. So, I can remove the 5 HDDs bay. I won't need more than 2HDDs ever. But, I was planning on installing fans there. Will have to see what to do.
Shouldn't have bought the Gigabyte G1. :([DOUBLEPOST=1460357011][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my build, so far:
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 6500 - 14000,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 - 19300 (ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm),
  • GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 - 27350 (H=39 L=299 W=114 mm),
  • PSU - Corsair RM750X - 8700 (150x87x182mm [WxHxD]),
  • RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 5 DDR4 16GB(8GBx2) 2400MHz - 5150

Last edited:
I am also in the same boat. I have Corsair 760T, 780T and 900D in my mind. I am not able to decide on them. Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: Got 780T for 13K

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in the same boat. I have Corsair 760T, 780T and 900D in my mind. I am not able to decide on them. Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: Got 780T for 13K
I actually liked the Corsair 780T. CoolerMaster Storm Stryker is also amazing. Check out NZXT Phantom too. All great cases. But too big for me. No space in my room at all. :(

You might want to take a look at Antec 1100. Its touted as a Super mid tower, a bit larger than a mid tower, but not a full tower. While that HDD cage looks like it might be a problem, they mention that the GPU clearance is 13". There should be close to 1" gap even with the Gigabyte triple fan designs.

http://www.theitwares.com/computer-...x-black-super-mid-tower-computer-cabinet.html

There is also this one you might want to take a look at. It looks like a proper mid tower, but there i nothing in the GPU area to obstruct. Also note that there are no 5.25" bays at all. The top part is completely empty.

https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...+Case+White-Red+(CC-9011083-WW)_C5P26510.html

Just bumping in between--
The above suggested Corsair Carbide Series Spec-Alpha Mid-Tower Gaming Case White-Red looks good as it got no 5' inches useless bays otherwise which other mfgs. still offer that too 3 for no reasons. Instead they should offer more of that space for 3 or 2' inches drives.

Anyways that cabby is cool but it just offer 3 nos 3.5inch bays so no really of any use for me. As the above left blank space is purely wasted. Corsair must have offered some extra brackets or spacers or should have supplied those bays instead.

My budget is max 6k to spend and m looking for a case with transparent sides and with at least 5nos 3.5bays and with extra 2inches bays.

Just bumping in between--
The above suggested Corsair Carbide Series Spec-Alpha Mid-Tower Gaming Case White-Red looks good as it got no 5' inches useless bays otherwise which other mfgs. still offer that too 3 for no reasons. Instead they should offer more of that space for 3 or 2' inches drives.

Anyways that cabby is cool but it just offer 3 nos 3.5inch bays so no really of any use for me. As the above left blank space is purely wasted. Corsair must have offered some extra brackets or spacers or should have supplied those bays instead.

My budget is max 6k to spend and m looking for a case with transparent sides and with at least 5nos 3.5bays and with extra 2inches bays.
Nzxt s340 or H440 Best case in respective price range.

Back