Car & Bike bike under 80k - 90k

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Friends need some suggestings on bike under the 80k - 90k.

i have thought on new muscle hunk 2011

also pulsar 220 f / s.

not fix but need some spot light on masters opportunists and so come on now :p

Muscle hunk - hero honda - low on maintenance - 150CC - 14.4ps - 50 to 55kmpl Better mileage(petrol rates goin high) - can reach 110kph( tested) - heavy n muscular feel - good service - common man can afford bike while purchasing as well as in maintaining

Pulsar 220 F and S - bajaj - more maintenance - Looks more muscular than hunk - 220cc - awesome power 18ps - 30 to 35 kmpl - can reach 135kph(tested) - heavy handle in 'S' version - bad service - pulsar owners tend to sell there bikes after 2 years due to maintenance cost.

Conclusion: price effective and good power mileage - HUNK, Speedstar, damn powerful - Pulsar (rear view mirrors are useless in 'F' variant

Its not a biased review since I am using YAMAHA RX135 (2stroke).

All the best, select any of those suited to your needs... Enjoy

chiragsthakur said:
Muscle hunk - hero honda - low on maintenance - 150CC - 14.4ps - 50 to 55kmpl Better mileage(petrol rates goin high) - can reach 110kph( tested) - heavy n muscular feel - good service - common man can afford bike while purchasing as well as in maintaining

Pulsar 220 F and S - bajaj - more maintenance - Looks more muscular than hunk - 220cc - awesome power 18ps - 30 to 35 kmpl - can reach 135kph(tested) - heavy handle in 'S' version - bad service - pulsar owners tend to sell there bikes after 2 years due to maintenance cost.

Conclusion: price effective and good power mileage - HUNK, Speedstar, damn powerful - Pulsar (rear view mirrors are useless in 'F' variant

Pulsar 220 is 21ps.

chiragsthakur said:

Totally agree !!

Using for past 2 years :)

Awesome experience to ride with in city traffic and quite good experience on highways as well, super smooth bike.

If u can wider your option, then u can also think of TVS apache. But do check the riding comfort level if your height is 5'9 or more.

Pulsar maniacs don't get offended but pulsar's new adv 'Hunto' really makes me laugh :rofl:

Super crap bike with worst possible engine , performance and maintainance.

Tomorrow micromax,lemon,maxx etc will come up with a adv. saying we sell 5 times that of NOKIA/SAMSUNG. Wouldn't u guys laugh.:p

RS4 said:
Pulsar 220 is 21ps.
yup.. sorry for the mistake... but nonetheless its more powerful than hunk as written earlier...

@agantuk : My bike is a 1998 model. Twelve years My father and me have been riding my bike almost daily (excluding holidays). My bikes' mileage is 35 to 40kmpl... Top speed achieved 104kph.. 500ml 2T oil is needed in every 1 and half month.. each month bike travels almost 1000km (if only office trips are considered). No maintenance whatsoever... Gem of a bike.. Power is felt on yamaha rx135.. Sorry to praise my bike, but cant help :hap5:

ot

i would like to mention it was bajaj that brought premium features like digital meters, alloy wheels, disk brakes into intermediate segment then basic segment........

if it was not for bajaj then we would be still living with spook wheels, normal meters, and drum brakes( though i am exxagarating in this statement :p but the above is totally true)

Yes dude, FZ16 and FAZER are quality bikes,low on mileage, but the price tag in high compared to other 150cc bikes.

@princeoo7: You will get hundreds of reviews,many personal opinions for each bike, but everything depends on how YOU ride the bike, how well YOU maintain it. So my suggestion is that choose any one of hunk,pulsar 180/220F/S,FZ16 FAZER, APACHE, all are best in their place. FAZER and pulsar has best stability at high speeds. But I hate rattling noise of engine from pulsar(even if its new). Choose the bike best suited for you and you will be satisfied.

Buy Honda Unicorn, Dazzler or FZ-S...

Honda Unicorn: Honda unicorn has a bit larger seat as compared to the latter two... You can easily take triple seat on this bike... Has great refined engine... Mono shock up which is really good for riding this bike at Indian roads... Its a low maintenance bike... and has Good mileage...

Cons: The Footrest is a bit ahead...

Dazzler : This bike has the same 150CC unicorn engine but slightly tweaked as Dazzler has 14BHP @8500RPM Engine... Looks a bit stylish than Unicorn... has Mono shockup, Front and rear diskbrake, the footrest is a bit behind like Karizma which is good for tilting and drops... Has good mileage

Cons: Has a bit smaller seat as compared to Unicorn... You would feal a bit uncomfortable if you would ride this bike with a phat person... As neither you nor the fat person would be able to sit comfortably...

FZ-S: Has great Muscular Looks... 1st indian bike to have such a wide rear tyre... Great refined engine... has Mono shockup... Low Maintenance bike... Has slightly more powerful 153cc/14BHP @7500RPM engine than the above two bikes... And has better pickup... The Wide tyre is good for stable riding...

Cons: Gives less mileage 35 to 40KMPL and has small seat just like Dazzler

Avoid Bajaj Crappy Bikes Totally

Oh I own a Unicorn and can vouch for it. However, OP didn't mention it in his short list, and seemed to be particular about macho looks going by his selection, so didn't put Dazzler in there. It's a great bike

@ OP

Avoid pulsar from ur list, Yamaha,Honda, Hero Honda,TVS, none are bad,they have their pros and cons.

It all depends on ur requirement,likings and comfort level.

Take a test ride b4 buying the bike.

^^ Bajaj bikes are like "Chaar Din Ki Chandni Phir Andheri Raat"... In starting Bajaj bikes would give you good mileage... Smooth riding experience... After one two hears you would see a sudden drop in mileage... and the engine would start making noise like a tractor.... :p

P.S: Bajaj have finally realized that their Bikes are not comparable and reliable as compared to what Japanese Bike makers are offering... Thats why they just recently released an add showing that their bikes are more superior than japanese bikes...

Bajaj avenger is super bike in this price segment. Nothing can beat it in smooth riding and comfort level. Brakes and shock absorbers are amazing too. If you can go for cruiser go for it without thinking twice. And as far as reliability is concern they are good enough if you ride them as they are meant to and get its service done on time.

devesh38 said:
how about the Bajaj Avenger adding to the option list...??

experts can give there views on it as i am new to bikes world..
Avenger is a PITA bike. I have used it for 3 years. It is OK for highways but a big no for city ride. I own a FZ now, it is like breath of fresh air :p. Very less maintenance, better performance, better overall quality and great for city ride. IMO, one shouldn't consider Avenger for city usage at all.

A friend of mine once said (Sunnyboi) "Any bike is better than avenger for city ride". It is so true.

Hades. said:
^^ Bajaj bikes are like "Chaar Din Ki Chandni Phir Andheri Raat"... In starting Bajaj bikes would give you good mileage... Smooth riding experience... After one two hears you would see a sudden drop in mileage... and the engine would start making noise like a tractor.... :p

P.S: Bajaj have finally realized that their Bikes are not comparable and reliable as compared to what Japanese Bike makers are offering... Thats why they just recently released an add showing that their bikes are more superior than japanese bikes...
What's with all the Bajaj-hate in this thread?

I've owned two bikes (three if you count my very first scooty).

1) Honda Unicorn (13.3 BHP version) - I adored its silky smooth engine and its nimble handling - which I attributed to the monoshock setup (not sure if that's correct). After two years on it, I realized that I was getting rev-limited more and more in my biking excursions - 13 BHP didn't cut it anymore.

2) Pulsar 220 DTS-i (before F/S version) - Incredible upgrade in power / torque - pulls like a train, all the way to a hundred, slows down in the journey to 120, then crawls to 140 (tested - bike's speed readout). Problems so far include rattly front cowl... and... no, that's about it. The noisy engine is not a problem for me. While I am able to appreciate the smoothness engines like the Honda Unicorn (or Suzuki GS), there's something to be said about the visceral pleasure of being on a P220 when its accelerating hard from 20 to 50 in 2nd gear, 50 to 70 in 3rd, and so on. ;)

As for bike's I've not owned, but have ridden extensively:

1) Fazer / FZ-s: Good handling, upright seating reminded me of the Unicorn (somewhat). Power was underwhelming (to say the least). I was GLAD to get back onto my P220 after a rides on either of these. It was obviously these bikes were putting sheer looks over everything else, and I'll admit they look gorgeous.

2) Yamaha R15: Light as a feather and nimble as... well, nothing else I've ever ridden. Whenever I'm riding one of these, I feel like I'm a dozen years younger. Not very powerful though - you really have to rev-up to the beyond 6k region for the engine to feel alive. Otherwise the engine feels just like a Gladiator's.

My personal suggestion to OP: If its even remotely possible, save up and get the Honda CBR250R. A bike is a major cash-dump, and its for a long period of time. It seems most sensible to spend 90k + 60k more and getting an (infinitely) superior vehicle to anything that's currently on the road (with the exception of the R15). Do note that I haven't ridden a CBR250R yet, and my claim of infinitely better is based on Honda pedigree, which has most often proven itself.

At the end of the day, its you and your bike. You should go to all showrooms that you can, and ride all the bikes that they'll let you, for as long as possible. Then get the bike that feels right! Good luck! :)

What's with all the Bajaj-hate in this thread?

My first bike was Bajaj Pulsar... In control, stability and reliability current Honda and Yamaha bikes are light years ahead... In 20th Century Bajaj is still using the old generation tech Twin Rear Shock Absorber... And those cheap quality shock absorbers start making noise after some years...

Back