Car & Bike bike under 80k - 90k

Ooookay. Now that that issue is settled, if buying new I don't see why a Pulsar can't be considered. I don't like getting a Pulsar purely because its too freaking common ! If not for number plates I would probably lose the bike in a parking lot. :p

ramanujpatro said:
well well dude, hold ur thots. I m not the only one. People here with hell lot of experience have already delivered their verdict.
Well talking abt HH,no matter how noob commercial they make, atleast they come upto the expectation , unlike ....:p

well talk about racing, come with a 220 and i will come up with a R15( 150 only BTW :p) and u will know what true power of a bike is :D

Talking abt reliability , there is certainly a difference in percentage, u can be assured the difference is huge.

I never talked about the R15, i even said it is a fantastic bike, as i have ridden it extensively, unlike some people who make mindless comments after riding the bike for a few kilometers. The R15 is a dream to corner but looses out on straights to the pulsar 220. But the yamaha is a much better bike overall.
chiragsthakur said:
Pulsar 220F "Fantastic"???:S Vibration after 100kmph & engine rattling sound, rear mirrors show riders arms...:rofl: years dont matter,what matters is how many kms has the bike travelled in those years...

Anyway, bring out pulsar220 for a drag race with my 1998:)ohyeah:) RX135... After the race pulsar220 itself with takeaway its rider to hide its face.. now noobs will comment about top speed and all since they hardly know about CC/BHP. I can add one more to my winning streak against pulsar 150/180/220

As I said earlier, its true pulsars are seen speeding on highways (reason why: new generation like ours need powerful firing, speed, looks). All these are packed in pulsars and mainly light on pocket (SASTA :D) )

I am not arguing because there's actually no point in arguing with pulsar owners...;)

@prince007: Rumours were on net from january 2011 about the new R15 and its price cuts as much as rs.10000. Yet we haven't seen anything. Recent news in autocarindia says that diwali is likely the time of yamaha launching new bikes. If you can wait, then you will have more choices (probably)

How in the world can you compare a two stroke with a four stroke for gods sake ! Will your Rx135 beat a 220 on a proper race track ? No it wont ! It is an utter sin to compare 2 and 4 strokes, two strokes are always more fun, make as much power as a four stroke with double the cubic capacity, but sadly are discontinued, so theres no point your Rx135( i understand your affection for the bike and respect it)

^^ Friend of mine, I hope you know what a drag race is. No one has mentioned race track. Why do you compare R15 (150cc) to 220c pulsar?? yes pulsar lovers do it, only because r15 beats pulsar in technology and quality and pulsar lovers get jealous, you never think that its 17bhp,150cc, But you guys consider only the cost comparison. Guess what, if yamaha launches a 250, pulsar 220cc will be kicked off the racing track. Wont it?? So if pulsar guys can put out lame comparisons, we are also indians, never back off in anything..be it an debate... am I right friend?? :D

I like your respect for my bike.... I respect you too.. Dont take the above post personally.. cheers

chiragsthakur said:
^^ Friend of mine, I hope you know what a drag race is. No one has mentioned race track. Why do you compare R15 (150cc) to 220c pulsar?? yes pulsar lovers do it, only because r15 beats pulsar in technology and quality and pulsar lovers get jealous, you never think that its 17bhp,150cc, But you guys consider only the cost comparison. Guess what, if yamaha launches a 250, pulsar 220cc will be kicked off the racing track. Wont it?? So if pulsar guys can put out lame comparisons, we are also indians, never back off in anything..be it an debate... am I right friend?? :D

I like your respect for my bike.... I respect you too.. Dont take the above post personally.. cheers
Yeah i guess i know what a drag race is, participated in Deccan Drag 2010 in Hyderabad in two stroke open category.
Again i never said Pulsar is better than R15, R15 is a better overall bike i think this is the third time i am typing this. R15 is a four valve per cylinder design against two valves of all other indian bikes, hence is able to put out 17hp from 150cc. Yes "IF" yamaha launches a 250, but what "IF" Bajaj comes up with a mad 250cc liquid cooled four valve single( tie ups with KTM ) which is refined, reliable, has a good suspension etc. These big "IF"s are always there.. :bleh:

^^Ohh!!! FZ250 if comes out it will be hard to beat with ktm250 (if both launch in our big country like india).. I have heard ktm duke 200 is on cards... Bajaj no match for yamaha,honda,kawasaki... KTM has tied up with bajaj, but KTM duke125 is sold in UK at 3700GBP (approx 2.5L), to bring cost down for the same chassis but 200cc engine bajaj will replace parts with elcheapo ones. what "IF" bajaj could make some quality product....:bleh:

Actually.. most of the peeps here have no idea what they are talking abt. I personally owned a Electra 5s(sold last month, a classic 500 will be added next month or so:D) and a p200 for over 4 years. Used a FZ-s for around 3 months when a friend took my bullet. And have ridden most of the ~1L bikes for atleast 200~300 kms.

From the above experience i am telling, you give any bike proper services in regular intervals any bike will serve you for years. Most people are not ready to accept this. i service all my bikes like 2~3 months time. I will do everything reqd to be done on the bike done. No bikes have any issues*touchwood*. People want the bike to carry their asses for years without any service till they are crucial.

Only issues i had with my p200 were(from the qlty POV) rattling front and rear cowls, CDI unit blown up after around 3.5 years, then the usual consumable items like filters, spark plugs etc. And yea maybe if i am cribbing the chains wore out in around 18K Kms. My bullet one lasted til ~25k. So no I completely disagree the misconception that pulsar bikes are of "cheap qlty".

But in the same sense, i have "felt" that their p200/p220 models are kinda "better"(for the lack of a word) than other bajaj line ups. Dunno if its me.

@OP..

HH - If you like the looks of Karizma, get that. The Engine is superb. Did they stopped production or something? It just Fzs and R15's.

Yamaha - Get the FZs. Really a nice look. Avoid the funskool model ->R15. I simply cannot find the bike attractive or muscular. I have seen some local mod shops doing a better job on CBZ. Dont flame me R15 owners. everyone has their opinions

Suzuki - Avoid. No good models to consider.

Bajaj - Although they went back on FI, which was lame on their part, get the p220 F/S

Honda - If you can increase the price, the CBR.

Bullet - Bullet std 350.

Know i missed quite a few models. But my principle is get the biggest engine u can afford.

After driving p200 for 4 years, if i am to buy a bike now with 90k, i will pick karizma or the std 350(That will be my 4th bullet). Its just that good.

complete concurrence with m-jeri

Go for any bike.. change engine oil every 1.2 to 1.5k and service every 3 to 4 months... No one with face any problems as such..

I have just got pulsar 150cc from one of my friend (he is goin onsite) and just got out of service.. it was riding as smooth as possible.. :)

btw.. pulsar was 2001 model with 4 gears, round headlight and 18litres Tank :)

I am a Honda Unicorn user for past 3.5 years. Minimal spending (except servicing and engine oil), infact i dont remember changing anything in my bike till date except a brake wire and that too because the bike was was continuously for like 8-9 months without any servicing.

Rock steady even at higher speeds. Currently do 30 Kms per day and absolutely satisfied. Pretty heavy bike and hence stable.

@OP

If budget is not a constraint then buy Honda CBR 250 1.65k

If you want a nice looking bike with all little bells and whistles which gives a satisfactory mileage "25-30KMPL" to be exact then buy Yamaha R15

If you want to buy a muscular looking bike but dont wanna sell your kidney for it then buy Yamaha FZ-S...

If you dont care much about performance but mileage then buy Honda Unicorn or Dazzler

Buy any of these and you would be making a good choice...

Honda CBR 250 Reviews:

chiragsthakur said:
Pulsar 220F "Fantastic"???:S Vibration after 100kmph & engine rattling sound, rear mirrors show riders arms...:rofl: years dont matter,what matters is how many kms has the bike travelled in those years...

Anyway, bring out pulsar220 for a drag race with my 1998:)ohyeah:) RX135... After the race pulsar220 itself with takeaway its rider to hide its face.. now noobs will comment about top speed and all since they hardly know about CC/BHP. I can add one more to my winning streak against pulsar 150/180/220

As I said earlier, its true pulsars are seen speeding on highways (reason why: new generation like ours need powerful firing, speed, looks). All these are packed in pulsars and mainly light on pocket (SASTA :D) )

I am not arguing because there's actually no point in arguing with pulsar owners...;)

@prince007: Rumours were on net from january 2011 about the new R15 and its price cuts as much as rs.10000. Yet we haven't seen anything. Recent news in autocarindia says that diwali is likely the time of yamaha launching new bikes. If you can wait, then you will have more choices (probably)
hahahahahahaha
thats the power of 2 strokes baby
RX all the way
no match for its performance

chiragsthakur said:
^^ great to see a RX lover....
and an rx owner
bought one 2 months back
on the unlucky side though
had a few initial issues and is being fixed now
but that baby is a treat to ride and am really hoping that once it is fully fixed it won't be a problem again for quite some time
and reading your first post made me realize what that bike is capable of doing(was sulking over the issues that i had till then :p:p:p)

Spend almost 15K on that bike and you will see it dazzling on the streets, the sound itself turns heads towards you...

Which one have you taken?? Rx100 ??

Those bikes are never a problem, even if you do rash driving... Enjoy

i'l be honest with you i was even contemplating selling it at one point of time
but thanks a tonne to you bro
gave up on even the smallest possibility of doing that
the engine should be fine now
will surely have a brand new engine 8-10 months down the line
also don't forget that sense of power and pride on that little monster

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiragsthakur said:
Spend almost 15K on that bike and you will see it dazzling on the streets, the sound itself turns heads towards you...

Which one have you taken?? Rx100 ??

Those bikes are never a problem, even if you do rash driving... Enjoy
its an RX 135
i just had a new block fitted on the block
had to take it slow for the frst 1.5 k but cud nt stop myself from revving it after 500 kms and i guess that is the reason for my problems

The best about those RX's is " Overtaking at your will ".... Once you decide to overtake at any instant of time, just get the 3rd gear on, and your bike will take you zip past the other vehicle....:hap2:

Hey, drive it easily till it reaches 1000km. Then the road is yours ....

^^ Mention not bro. Just a prank I do while riding on highways, I wait till some pulsar or apache or unicorn dude overtakes me and then it all about RX experience... Vrooooommmmm.... But to be true, those can reach top speed of 110+, but I manage 100Kph to 105kph.. After that I slow down my bike, when I see those people getting close to me after covering long distance ... ;) I still love my bike... I will take new bikes in future, but this will always be there with me. I wont sell it ever..

Back