Car & Bike bike under 80k - 90k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

[/COLOR]
roadrippersid said:
wao man u get 40 on a rx eh ??

absolutely true.. You may come to my address take a ride....:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

elvesbane said:
Only 100 in a 1000 Bajaj bikes work perfectly? Where did you get that number from? Do you have any (credible, verifiable) source?

Bajaj is not some small-time Chinese bike dealer. Talking about them in that sense is counter-intuitive.

Bajaj eyes 25 percent share in bikes market this year

Bajaj eyes one third market share over next couple of years

It's almost like people can't imagine Indian-designed-and-built bikes being anything but unreliable. Grow up guys! Bajaj is making very high-quality bikes these days! And at what prices! Their image of consistent low reliability is simply not valid anymore...

Let me also share a small tidbit of a story at this point: One of the major reasons for me moving away from the Unicorn was a riding instability that it had developed a few months after I purchased it. Whenever the bike went through a bad pothole, it would, for a little while, sway from side to side for no discernible reason. No amount of complaining at official and unofficial service centers could get this fixed - which led me to believe that there was some sort of manufacturing issue with my Unicorn. However, this didn't make me jump to the conclusion that Honda, as a whole, is unreliable. I was merely very unlucky.

People's horror stories cannot ever be equated to empirical evidence of low-reliability on Bajaj bikes - because of the nature of horror stories. They spread and gain traction faster than good ones. Has anyone here seen hard data that shows Bajaj bikes, on a whole fail (partly or otherwise) significantly more than other brands?

If anyone can post links (or proof otherwise) here to that effect, I will gladly agree with them that the O.P. should avoid the Bajaj brand like the plague. If not, I shall remain of the opinion that the P220 is the greatest VFM buy under 1 lakh. However, I'll also say that the the Honda CBR250R would be a better choice if money can be scrounged up from somewhere.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that the Bajaj-hate in this thread is very similar to the sort of Apple-hater's hate that one sees when the Fruit brand is brought up in any discussion? Because if that is the case, then there's no point discussing Bajaj is there? There's no rhyme or reason to that kind of hate.

you may see my above comment.. it starts with (Viz).. njoy

@ pulsar maniacs. Ask 100 Honda/Hero Honda/Yamaha bikers(who have used for atleast 2 years) and u will find 90 of them satisfied with performance, mileage, engine,durability of spares etc.

Ask 100 pulsar bikers and u will find 50% would have sold their old ones and would have opted for a better bike. Rest few would be in search of a buyer to sell their crappo,few wud be planning to get a new styled pulsar ( b'coz that is what bajaj do to sell their bikes). Thats what i found people doing with pulsar.

Get real pulsar owners... come-on now... no other person other than person owning pulsar speaks good about THE pulsar (for your sake),mostly below 20000kms. We arent pulsar haters, but truth is truth, when the europeans got to know that BAJAJ makes KTM DUKE 125 in india, they were like ehh, now whats bajaj?? Nonetheless I would never go for bajaj bikes. You get what you pay for. Regarding comments on low price of pulsars, then this says it all, the components aren't good as yamahas, hondas, kawasaki. So my first point was if someone has the money to get a new bike every 2 to 3 years, then go for bajaj pulsars, for long life get the yamahas and hondas..

How funny, the person who has posted this thread is all confused because of our differences in opinions...:D

@prince007, : you buy a bike fast now, or else the conversation on pulsars is a never ending debate... :hap5:

twinturbo said:
Sorry but you are just making mindless statements based on nothing but thin air. Pulsar is THE most successful bike ever in India.

Coming to the engine and performance part, my 4 year old, 40,000 KM done pulsar 180, still performs like it used to, engine has had no problems what so ever, gives me steady mileage of 30kmpl and is ripped very hard every single day, the pulsar 220 is the most VFM bike.

and yeah the hunto ad is very funny and lame, i really liked the stuntmania commercial which was banned.

@Prince, test drive the pulsar 220 and the FZ16/fazer and then decide, what you want, raw power or looks and refinement, IMHO apart from these bikes there is no other bike worth buying, unless you are looking at desh ki dhadkan.

You can also stretch and get the R15, or a used one also, amazing bike.
No. I am speaking from my experience and reviews i have collected.

As chirag pointed out, 100 out of 1000. Your bike may be among the 100. If not 100, u can pull the figure to a max of 250-300 out of 1000 bikes donot have any problem.

One more thing why would a top selling bike come out with such a cheap advt. 'Hunto', this indicates they are losing their market share and with evolution of honda,yamaha in indian market they are feeling the heat.

People who say that Bajaj bikes have better quality engine then Current Yamaha Bikes or Honda bikes then they are totally wrong... Japan is famous for producing quality products... And just to check that what quality bikes that they have produced in the past then you can check yamaha RX Series bikes... These bikes where produced in 90s and guys the only reason that you still see those bikes on roads is that they were produced by a Company whoz world famous for producing quality bikes with great quality engines... And i am not a Bajaj hater... i used to own a Bajaj Pulsar... When people used to come to me and used to tell that Bajaj Pulsar sucks... "This bike just gives a body massage at high speed" then i used to totally ignore them and i used to say in my mind "f@#k off Bajaj Haters"... Even after knowing that it actually vibrates at high speed... But after buying Honda Unicorn i realized that i was so wrong... I finally got what i was looking for... A bike which has great refined engine, a bike which doesn't vibrate at high speed and a bike which is a very low mantainance bike... I agree with the fact that Bajaj was the first one who brought disk brake trend in india and at that time the only main competitor for Bajaj was HeroHonda... In those days Pulsar was competing with HeroHonda CBZ... And IINM Honda produced CBZ... and CBZ was a huge hit... One really can't deny the fact that Bajaj sells more bike then Honda and Yamaha but both these bike manufacturers produce bike with much better engine than what Bajaj does... I agree that Bajaj has really improved quality of engines but still not comparable to honda's and yamaha's quality refined engines...

The other reason i found ,why pulsar sells more apart from price issue.

When u go in a HH/Honda showroom u have to book ur bike and the delivery will be after 2-3 months.

Whereas u go into a bajaj showroom and u find 100 pulasr lined up for u, just pick it and its yours.

The point i would like to make is ppl don't like to wait long for a bike and go for a bike that's instantly available.

as someone has said only 100/1000 pulsars are good, that statement is kinda true.

Bajaj has very crappy QC compared to the Japanese brands.

My cousin's 2008 180 was a nightmare in the beginning.

• the rear brake pedal assembly was replaced in 4th day,
  • LED tail light's parking light mode didnt work
  • disk brake still makes noise, the service personnel said after initial 500KMs, the sound would go away (rub-in?)
  • problem with tail light sensor, replaced 4th day
  • false neutral gear issue,
  • its a challenge everytime to get the bike in neutral at signals, i just turn off the bike to reduce clutch wear :p
  • the servicing retards broke side panel (batt. compartment) hinges,

those false neutral is non existent in bikes like Unicorn & getting bike to neutral when bike's not in motion in unicorn is so damn smooooooth + gear shifts in unicorn is effortless.

after the poor ass serving like that, he has opted to go for local mechanic & local guy does brilliant job compared to the trained retards.

now, the local guy has somewhat rectified the problems.

all in all, if Bajaj had a good QC, he might not be suffering like this.
So if someone is going for Bajaj, do lot of puja's, visit powerful temples & only then take bike delivery :p

I'm not biased, just stating what me & cousin went thru, coz i was the one who suggested the 180 to him in first place :p

features are unmatched in Pulsar, but Quality is a put off

ramanujpatro said:
No. I am speaking from my experience and reviews i have collected.
As chirag pointed out, 100 out of 1000. Your bike may be among the 100. If not 100, u can pull the figure to a max of 250-300 out of 1000 bikes donot have any problem.

One more thing why would a top selling bike come out with such a cheap advt. 'Hunto', this indicates they are losing their market share and with evolution of honda,yamaha in indian market they are feeling the heat.

Then sadly your experience and bike review capabilities are below average, its quite funny how you create a hypothetical situation and then rant about facts based on that. Have you even seen those stupid HH commercials ? The hunk and desh ki dhadkan commercials ? Lets not go off topic and not talk about commercials. The pulsar is the best VFM bike one can buy, one who does not care about refinement, one who loves to rip the bike on open roads and have fun with the power. I never said pulsar is the best bike , the term "best bike" is hugely subjective, for someone a splendor might be the best bike as he may not want anything but mileage and long term reliability.
talking about reliability i have seen Apaches, and karizmas develop problems like rattling fairings and loose tappets, oil leaks etc, but i have also witnessed a pulsar run for straight 24 hours on highways, non stop. Reliability factor depends largely on how you keep the bike, i always feed my bike fully synthetic oil, since day one, and the result is a very reliable machine which has done a Ladhak trip without even a puncture. I respect your opinions no matter how naive it may be, so lets not fight.

Honda engines are refined quite refined than bajaj's. Agreed. But do you deny the fact that pulsar owners rip the bike more often than unicorn owners?...I never seen a unicorn owner racing through the streets whereas pulsars, you can find dozens. Shouldn't that be put under consideration in wear n tear/maintenance costs?...

I am not denying the fact either that honda/yamaha engines are much better than bajaj's but these aren't as bad as people portray it to be.

twinturbo said:
Then sadly your experience and bike review capabilities are below average, its quite funny how you create a hypothetical situation and then rant about facts based on that. Have you even seen those stupid HH commercials ? The hunk and desh ki dhadkan commercials ? Lets not go off topic and not talk about commercials. The pulsar is the best VFM bike one can buy, one who does not care about refinement, one who loves to rip the bike on open roads and have fun with the power. I never said pulsar is the best bike , the term "best bike" is hugely subjective, for someone a splendor might be the best bike as he may not want anything but mileage and long term reliability.
talking about reliability i have seen Apaches, and karizmas develop problems like rattling fairings and loose tappets, oil leaks etc, but i have also witnessed a pulsar run for straight 24 hours on highways, non stop. Reliability factor depends largely on how you keep the bike, i always feed my bike fully synthetic oil, since day one, and the result is a very reliable machine which has done a Ladhak trip without even a puncture. I respect your opinions no matter how naive it may be, so lets not fight.
well well dude, hold ur thots. I m not the only one. People here with hell lot of experience have already delivered their verdict.
Well talking abt HH,no matter how noob commercial they make, atleast they come upto the expectation , unlike ....:p

well talk about racing, come with a 220 and i will come up with a R15( 150 only BTW :p) and u will know what true power of a bike is :D

Talking abt reliability , there is certainly a difference in percentage, u can be assured the difference is huge.

Pulsar 220F "Fantastic"???:S Vibration after 100kmph & engine rattling sound, rear mirrors show riders arms...:rofl: years dont matter,what matters is how many kms has the bike travelled in those years...

Anyway, bring out pulsar220 for a drag race with my 1998:)ohyeah:) RX135... After the race pulsar220 itself with takeaway its rider to hide its face.. now noobs will comment about top speed and all since they hardly know about CC/BHP. I can add one more to my winning streak against pulsar 150/180/220

As I said earlier, its true pulsars are seen speeding on highways (reason why: new generation like ours need powerful firing, speed, looks). All these are packed in pulsars and mainly light on pocket (SASTA :D) )

I am not arguing because there's actually no point in arguing with pulsar owners...;)

@prince007: Rumours were on net from january 2011 about the new R15 and its price cuts as much as rs.10000. Yet we haven't seen anything. Recent news in autocarindia says that diwali is likely the time of yamaha launching new bikes. If you can wait, then you will have more choices (probably)

@Pulsar 200 owner here... Initial 1 year good, but small niggles kept cropping up here and there... Bajaj A.S.S is shit, so didn't help... Started going to Castrol pro-bike, using synthetic oil...After 2 years, the power is still there but the engine is noisy, vibrations after 80 kmph, clutch plates wear out so fast for no god damn reason, something or the other keeps rattling, got sick of spending on a bike... got sick of it...

After 2 years 2 months.. Sold for 30 grands... Happy seller... I do not drive at more than 50 in the city (actually can't), highways i keep at 85~90 and gurgaon has pretty decent roads, no accidents, no manhandling but still only 2.2 years from a bike...

After my experience, i advise people to refrain from going to Bajaj if they are looking for a bike above 45,000... I suggest Honda or Yamaha and tell them that even though it may be priced a bit more, the bikes will save more in servicing and parts costs and end up being more vfm in the long run (1.5 years run)...

My 2 cents...

Agreed. But do you deny the fact that pulsar owners rip the bike more often than unicorn owners?...I never seen a unicorn owner racing through the streets whereas pulsars, you can find dozens.
Thats your perception... I have seen many people on mumbai highways riding like they were not scared of death... If you haven't seen anyone that doesn't mean that Unicorn owners dont ride their bikes recklessly... And it also depends on the person who is riding the bike and on his mood... And if an uncle has a unicorn he wouldn't ride the way a young blood would ride... So it depends on the person who is riding... I ride my bike recklessy i have hit 115KPH on my Unicorn which is max limit IINM... And thhe only reason that Bajaj sells more Pulsars than any its competitor is because pulsar is a good looking bike... And they have sold Pulsar bikes like rickshaws... Within every one or two minute you would find a pulsar passing by...

And as far as Japanese engines are concerned then yes they are more refined and reliable then any Indian bike manufacturer engines... Comparing Indian engines with Japanese engines is like comparing TN panels with IPS panels...

years dont matter,what matters is how many kms has the bike travelled in those years...

Wrong.. What matters is how has the bike been maintained whilst traveling those kilometers...

Anyway, bring out pulsar220 for a drag race with my 1998:)ohyeah:) RX135... After the race pulsar220 itself with takeaway its rider to hide its face.. now noobs will comment about top speed and all since they hardly know about CC/BHP. I can add one more to my winning streak against pulsar 150/180/220

very noobish comment, acceleration of a bike depends on the torque/weight ratio and not cc/bhp ratio, infact cc/bhp ratio has nothing to do with speed or acceleration..

and for that matter defeat a Pulsar 220 on a RX135 !! I used to get quite a few of these challenges (I had a Pulsar 200) from RX135 and RX100 owners... If a rider knows the powerband of a Pulsar (above 3,500 rpm).. The only thing you will see in a drag race is the taillights of a Pulsar 220... I never lost to a older gen Yamaha... ever... Respect for the RX100 and the RX135, they were what you say gems of their time but their time has passed...

As I said earlier, its true pulsars are seen speeding on highways (reason why: new generation like ours need powerful firing, speed, looks). All these are packed in pulsars and mainly light on pocket (SASTA :D) )

It is because some new generation like yours behave irresponsibly, drive at stupid speeds on both expressway and city roads (do not blame Pulsar for the idiot atop it), try to race every good looking car or girl (yes you do...!), think that wearing helmets is uncool, try to do a burnout at every red light...

Actually I am thankful to Yamaha and Honda for keeping the 250 cc and up bikes out of reach of normal gentry so that at the people who try to race a platina or a RX100 everytime they see an opportunity are at least safe that way.. Imagine a Ninja 250 for 80,000 bucks and the resulting road rage...!

I am not arguing because there's actually no point in arguing with pulsar owners...;)

Your noobish argument is both baseless and non-productive. Neither do you seem to know much about motorbikes and your comment portrays a sense of immaturity.. I have had a bad experience myself, but quite a few of my friends have Pulsars that are well maintained and are in fantastic condition 3 to 5 years after their purchase.

@prince007: Rumours were on net from january 2011 about the new R15 and its price cuts as much as rs.10000. Yet we haven't seen anything. Recent news in autocarindia says that diwali is likely the time of yamaha launching new bikes. If you can wait, then you will have more choices (probably)

At least you got this right....

well well well.. attack on me....:hap5: still i liked your post...

Atleast you said one thing right, that pulsar isnt good... You seem to be elder than me, all due respect to you sir. But one person cant always be right. Try and beat rx from 0-80kph...

Wrong.. What matters is how has the bike been maintained whilst traveling those kilometers...

for this , you may read all post from the start of this topic.

very noobish comment, acceleration of a bike depends on the torque/weight ratio and not cc/bhp ratio

I hope you reading cc/bhp as cc(or)bhp... it wasnt ratio... :)

Neither do you seem to know much about motorbikes

Well, you are almighty GOD ...

well well well.. attack on me....:hap5: still i liked your post...

My intention was not to attack you buddy... Only to advise you to not crass a machine without fully understanding the machine first...

Atleast you said one thing right, that pulsar isnt good... You seem to be elder than me, all due respect to you sir. But one person cant always be right. Try and beat rx from 0-80kph...

I have beaten a RX100, RX135, Royal Enfield 350 (to the riders amazement because the guy thought just because his bike had a bigger engine, he'd win easily) on my Pulsar 200... It is not the ride dude, its the rider...

for this , you may read all post from the start of this topic.

I have, it was a nice read actually.. seeing how many people come up with ludicrous comments without even having owned/ridden a Pulsar 220. It is a amazing piece of machinery.. every bike has its negatives and plus points. It is the package as a whole that matters... For the price you pay for a Pulsar 220, nothing beats it except maybe a Harley 650, Suzuki GX or a Yamaha R1...

Well, you are almighty GOD...

The only thing that I and god have in common is that neither of us play with dice nor do any of us believe in co-incidences... ;)

There's absolutely no way that enfield 350 will beat a pulsar 220/200... Rider was a noob who thought so. I was joking on the part of ATTACK... I take good things from others, and leave the rest. Cheer up sir. And regarding my exp about bikes, I have had rides on pulsars,unicorns,r15's... that's what makes me conclude that pulsars are crappy...

Enjoy :D I guess you planning to take pulsar 220..:)

chiragsthakur said:
There's absolutely no way that enfield 350 will beat a pulsar 220/200... Rider was a noob who thought so. I was joking on the part of ATTACK... I take good things from others, and leave the rest. Cheer up sir. And regarding my exp about bikes, I have had rides on pulsars,unicorns,r15's... that's what makes me conclude that pulsars are crappy...

Enjoy :D I guess you planning to take pulsar 220..:)

I am getting the Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline... delivery next month... :)

Back