Blink cable internet in Kolkata

royal

Disciple
Frnds, I am currently on BSNL 500C plan...it is proving to be a pain due to sudden decrease in speed to around 70-80 KB/s :mad:

I was thinking of switching to Airtel but my local cablewalla has come up with the following plans :hap2:

512 Kb/s/upto 1 Mb/s (12am-8am) -> 899/-
768 Kb/s/upto 1.5 Mb/s (12am-8am) -> 1199/-
1 Mb/s/upto 2 Mb/s (12am-8am) -> 1399/-
2 Mb/s/upto 4 Mb/s (12am-8am) -> 2499/-

All of the above are unlimited plans and exclusive of taxes

What i will find out are whether the higher speed is during the night or throughout the day...initial charges, instrument needed etc.
I also need to find out the actual ISP that is behind this...

In the ad, it has been mentioned as 'Blink Cable Internet'...have any of you heard of it?

BTW, I am from Kolkata (Salt Lake)...if any of you have got similar options in your locality please share the experience Meanwhile I will keep you updated on this :hap5:

If this turns out to be alright, then my painful experience with BSNL (after almost 5 years) will be over :hap2:

i think this is alliance broadband...alliance is pretty good with lan sharing at 100 MBps speed, i am from salt lake and m using the same :)

Thx for the update man...I will check out whether its Alliance :)

One more thing, I have not heard very good reviews of Alliance in different forums :( what do u think? :huh:

Where do u live in kolkata?(If u stay around Ramgarh,45B bus stand there alliance service is good,they don't have ports blocked but downtime is still 5-6hrs a day or more)

I had a bitter experience with Alliance.

Most of the areas have all ports blocked which is very bad for torrents.

Plus service is crappy , 5hrs a day downtime or maybe more.

I took alliance first with these plans in mind but had to shift to BSNL.

Dude i have BSNL 500 night unlimited and frankly u can get speeds upto 250kbps max(sometimes even 272) if u choose good torrents.

I get around 200-250kbps depending on torrents. Dont change from BSNL , u'll regret it man, believe me i m happy i left alliance.

I used to be an Alliance customer at Santoshpur for 2yrs. No downtime, no problem at all. Infact, that was the cheapest option I had. But some of my friend chose wishnet leaving Alliance for even cheaper plans. Check with their site.

Hi All, thx for ur response :)

Like I mentioned earlier I am from Saltlake and even I dont feel too good to switch from BSNL after 5 long years:(

But fact is that I am facing major speed drop for the last 2 months...cant really afford this with my RS premium account:mad:

This is not a stray incident but there are several others who are also facing this

royal said:
Hi All, thx for ur response :)

Like I mentioned earlier I am from Saltlake and even I dont feel too good to switch from BSNL after 5 long years:(

But fact is that I am facing major speed drop for the last 2 months...cant really afford this with my RS premium account:mad:

This is not a stray incident but there are several others who are also facing this

You have a RS premium account. Then u can resume automatically.

i am from salt lake too, and i get the promised speed with alliance with torrents and everything...although not constant, but its good for me..

Razvan-Sedekiah said:
You have a RS premium account. Then u can resume automatically.

Yes I can...resuming is not a problem but low speed is :(

You see, I need to have the downloading done between 2-8 am only since I am on a limited plan (with night unlimited) now if I dont have good speed (atleast above 200KB/s) then its of very little use to me :mad:

I enquired and found that it is indeed Alliance. I am planning to go for the 512KB/s unlimited plan with 12-8 am 1 MB/s speed. Even if it is 512 throughout the day, still an unlimited plan at 1000/- per month seems better than similar plans from Airtel/BSNL. Only concern is whether I would be getting constant speeds, average downtime (if any), customer care etc.

I wont be needing any instrument as of now :huh: and I need to apply 2 days in advance only :hap2: The cable operator office is quite nearby as well...

So people using alliance in Saltlake, what do you think? Should I go for this one??? :huh:

I'm using Alliance.
I have problem from the beginning.
Alliance told they can't do nothing about it.
The problem only can be solved by my cable operator (Teledyne).....:huh:
Than means Alliance sucks,they have no authority as a Internet Service Provider.....:mad:
And our cable operator(Gautam Roy Choudhury) is a real m*****fcker.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I already have withdrawn ny BSNL connection because of horrible customer care,I mean BSND have no care about their customer(Ranikuthi,South Kolkata)
And in my area no ISP is available......:(

Just checked...no Wishnet in my area :huh:

Anyway, I will dump BSNL thats for sure...lets see whether the replacement is Airtel or Alliance ;)

Revolution said:
I'm using Alliance.
I have problem from the beginning.
Alliance told they can't do nothing about it.
The problem only can be solved by my cable operator (Teledyne).....:huh:
Than means Alliance sucks,they have no authority as a Internet Service Provider.....:mad:
And our cable operator(Gautam Roy Choudhury) is a real m*****fcker.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I already have withdrawn ny BSNL connection because of horrible customer care,I mean BSND have no care about their customer(Ranikuthi,South Kolkata)
And in my area no ISP is available......:(

Yes Alliance ports are blocked in Ranikuthi usha,Bansdroni,Moore Avenue,Ashoknagar (SOuth Kolkata).

They told me the same thing when i lived in usha and took alliance.

I practically wud have sliced them if i didn't switch to BSNL.

I know their customer care is crappy especially in Ranikuthi, they know nothing.

But once u get the line its ok.

I too faced frequent disconnections in Graham's Land(Tollygunge), low snr and practically tried everything to convince them my line was faulty but nothing turned out.

But recently 2 months ago by God' Grace , there were no frequent disconncetions at all .

Bsnl is upgrading all wires in Kolkata for 16mbps(told to me by Ranikuthi Chief Telecom MAnager ) that by this decmber or early may next year all lines will be upgraded. This problem will be taken care when lines will be upgraded.

Work has already started in some areas.

Razvan-Sedekiah said:
Yes Alliance ports are blocked in Ranikuthi usha,Bansdroni,Moore Avenue,Ashoknagar (SOuth Kolkata).

They told me the same thing when i lived in usha and took alliance.

I practically wud have sliced them if i didn't switch to BSNL.

I know their customer care is crappy especially in Ranikuthi, they know nothing.

But once u get the line its ok.

I too faced frequent disconnections in Graham's Land(Tollygunge), low snr and practically tried everything to convince them my line was faulty but nothing turned out.

But recently 2 months ago by God' Grace , there were no frequent disconncetions at all .

Bsnl is upgrading all wires in Kolkata for 16mbps(told to me by Ranikuthi Chief Telecom MAnager ) that by this decmber or early may next year all lines will be upgraded. This problem will be taken care when lines will be upgraded.

Work has already started in some areas.

WTF u mean we're in for a speed increase? :ashamed:

I'm waiting for Airtel in my area.
I already used Reliace in the past.
Reliance is not different from others.
They first start with prepaid broadband and then stop my net intentionally without no reason.
Because reliace want to stop their prepaid service and want to make more profit by cheating people through postpaid broadband with LAN phone.
Fcking reliace took my modem even I paid for that.
I hate Reliance too much.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
And their customer care is horrible.
You have to spend hour and hour to book your same complain again and again.
Customer representatives are shameless people.
They will waste your time by asking you useless fcking questions.
They have no idea about basic network......:(

Aman27deep said:
WTF u mean we're in for a speed increase? :ashamed:
Whats the point? They will offer good speeds but with horrible caps :rofl: and unlimited plans with decent speeds will be beyond reach of many :mad:

At one point of time I also used to get excited hearing such news :bleh:

Back