Blink cable internet in Kolkata

Anubis said:
Weel BSNL home 500 (NU) is best till nivyah comes out

depends on your usage actually...unless you want to play online games only at night :) but yes, nivyah seems best so far :hap5:

small update...got alliance today :hap2:

seems ok so far, I am getting promised speed...have to check night speeds :p

royal said:
depends on your usage actually...unless you want to play online games only at night :) but yes, nivyah seems best so far :hap5:

small update...got alliance today :hap2:

seems ok so far, I am getting promised speed...have to check night speeds :p

Tell me royal i am thinking over to shift to 1mps unlimited in day and 2 mbps unlimited in night. Are your alliance ports blocked ?

How much promised speed do u get ? How much downtime ?

Don't go for Alliance.
Alliance sucks...
I have 256kbps(double at night) @Rs.600/- per months from Teledyne(cable oparator near Netaji Nagar,South Kolkata).

Got average 25kbps DL speed and 20kbps UL speed.....:mad:

but why u choose hawaai as tester? choose some Indian one na, and i think i'm gonna get alliance 512 kbps (double @ night) or wish net 768 kbps soon :)

ps im ****ing tierd of bsnl now, and nivyah aint in kolkata :|

Aman27deep said:
but why u choose hawaai as tester?

I think most of the people in India use net for web surfing,e-mail and mainly for downloading.
But,not me.
I use net mainly for online games(FPS,MMORPG) and streaming videos.
And I think Airtel and Reliance can handle online games and streaming videos way better than other ISP in India.
May be I'm wrong because I have only used very few ISPs like Reliance,BSNL,Sify,Descon.
And currently using Alliance..........

Anubis said:
Tell me royal i am thinking over to shift to 1mps unlimited in day and 2 mbps unlimited in night. Are your alliance ports blocked ?

How much promised speed do u get ? How much downtime ?

The claim from Alliance regarding double speed is hardly true :(

so in my case its 512 Kb/s unlimited :mad:

Anyway, the fine print did say 'Upto 1 MB/s' so cant really complain :S and no downtime so far

Also I dont use torrents so cant say whether ports are blocked or not :ashamed:

When I tried to convince my cable operator about switching to Wishnet, he promptly replied that that Wishnet can offer higher speeds due to their low customer base right now, that they are using outdated technology and that their CC is pathetic :huh:

When I asked him where did he get this info, he said that this he got from people who have switched over to Alliance from Wishnet :bleh: I dont believe him but poor CC can surely wreck havoc on us...

At present I dont have better options in my locality so I have to stick to Alliance :(

Fck....

Alliance has already poor CC.

Alliance said they have no authority over Cable Operator.

So,they unable to fix my Net(got 5% packets loss from the beginning when I got first connection)......

But they have been most helpful whenever I called them...one time I called them around 3 am and the call was answered promptly :clap:

Their speeds are not accurate but the CC experience so far is satisfactory :eek:hyeah:

I was theire customer for almost 1yr 6months. I found their service quite good and prompt. :)

Also the local re-distributor will play a part. In my case, Sukanta Info was really good.

1)
royal said:
When I tried to convince my cable operator about switching to Wishnet, he promptly replied that that Wishnet can offer higher speeds due to their low customer base right now, that they are using outdated technology and that their CC is pathetic :huh:

I can personally vouch for that, except mayb the CC part, where Alliance is equally guilty.:p

2) At present Wishnet is no threat to Alliance, they are yet to encounter/endure the hardships Alliance has already faced and overcome. People at Alliance also tends to under-estimate the financial backing of Wishnet, and they thnk that when Wishnet's user base will increase forcing them to undergo a massive overhaul of their infrastructure( as Alliance did a yr ago) they'll crumble under the financial burden.

3) The night speeds for an Alliance user with the 256kbps(zoom pack) is currently set at 60(d/l speed).

4) Yes, the service quality/consistency of Alliance Broadband depends entirely...yes entirely on their local distribution partners, more so after the recent switchover to Broadhop, which drastically reduced, if not eliminated downtimes from the ISP's end. Local distributors often use low quality wires/equipments, employ technically deficient staff, do not follow the network diagram prescribed to them by Alliance, cant offer any technical assistance to end-users due to lack of knowhow.

5) Ok, so peeps with Alliance connections, who are suffering from poor quality service, e.g. freq downtimes/high latencies/packet loss/ port blocking/etc. may(if they wish) PM me their complaints alongwith their UserIDs, locality,name of Cable Operator,NAS zone(if you are aware of), package details and last renewal date. I wud fwd them to ABS, and technical deficiencies(if any) found in the ISP's end will surely be looked into accordingly.

Aman27deep said:
hmmm.... :| seems to be a mess all of this.

so Airtel and reliance someone pointed out to be the best gaming ISP, that true?

Not at all.

Best is BSNL 500 unlimited ( 256kbps ) - Rs 500

Anubis said:
Not at all.

No FUP , no downtime.

Plus guys 1 major disadvantage of going for Alliance or Wishnet is they use static ip.

This is extremely bad considering you have to download some old movies or something else from rapidshare which is not available in torrent.

Rapidshare telling you that someone from the same ip is already downloading and wait till finish. Even after finishing you wait 30 - 45mins but again somebody started earlier than you.

In this case Bsnl is better coz it gives dynamic ip and you disconnect your connection and voila you have a new ip

Anubis said:
Not at all.

No FUP , no downtime.

Plus guys 1 major disadvantage of going for Alliance or Wishnet is they use static ip.

This is extremely bad considering you have to download some old movies or something else from rapidshare which is not available in torrent.

Rapidshare telling you that someone from the same ip is already downloading and wait till finish. Even after finishing you wait 30 - 45mins but again somebody started earlier than you.

In this case Bsnl is better coz it gives dynamic ip and you disconnect your connection and voila you have a new ip

Agreed, for downloaders, BSNL H500 is still the best over here. But lol, who told u Alliance has static IPs? Its the same as BSNL, u log off and log back in and u r assigned a new public IP address.

For online gaming Alliance aint bad either...

Pings to V-street/IGL : 40-50ms
Pings to SG(Fragnetics) : 80-90ms
Pings to Malaysian Servers : 120-150ms
Pings to UK servers : 200-250ms
Pings to US servers : :tongue:

Small update...I was getting severe speed dips once every two days so I called the CC and gave them a piece of my mind :mad:

Alliance cc is always available but all they know is to take control of your desktop through net meeting, delet all cookies/temp internet files etc and change DNS settings :rofl:

I dont know what they did but I have been getting consistent speeds after that :p though 'Upto 1 Mbps night speed' hardly reaches 100 KBps :S

Back