Bomb blast in pune

Epictetus said:
Men are disturbed not by things, but by the views which they take of them

http://www.techenclave.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist :hap2:

May the souls who lost their lives & their loved ones find peace I was in pune for the first time in my life a week ago. Loved the city. Pity it had to happen to happen to them:(.

As it is with trolls, the same with terrorists. Ignore them. Maybe they will go away. Half the terrorists out there are just attention whores. Remove the attention, they wouldn't do a thing :) .

kippu said:
okay broadway and blr p ...great you guys are debating again , but take it on your messengers or pm ...dont just keep beating the dead horse

I corrected a few of the common misperceptions that were relevant to the topic.

May all who died RIP.
I can uderstand how Pune guys in particular might be feeling as one belonging to a city where bomb blasts happened a few times. I am a frequent visitor to Gokul chat, as many I believe. It just felt terrible and so insecure.
I think public in general too should take some blame. Even after bomb blast at Gokul chat, guys with metal detector hardly seem interested in checking all, they are so casual about. And most of us(inlcuding myself) never bother to report anything which seems suspicious or abandoned.

prabs said:
Last year MNS created an unrest and then the 26/11 happened but ofcourse there was a time gap there but here the Shiv Sainiks created a diversion and a blast has occurred. The Shiv Sainiks are going to blame the state government for trying to protect the movie and not the people and the government is going to blame the Shiv Sainiks.
Very irrational to blame the MNS & SS for creating diversions 26/11 & Pune blast .... do u think Indian intelligence agencies are busy after MNS & SS ....

Maharashtra Police have said they are investigating Indian Mujahideen's role in Pune blast.

Of the 21 Indian Mujahideen men the Mumbai police arrested in July 2008, 11 were from Pune, indicating a strong presence of the outfit in the city.

Arrested Indian Mujahideen men told interrogators of 'presence' in Pune, says Maharashtra Police.

blufox said:
Central govt informed Maharashtra govt about terror attack in Oct 2009.

This show how careless is state govt regrading security.
No one cares about common people's safety.

May the souls of those deceased rest in peace.

Lapses DO occur and govt can't be blamed always. Govt is not that irresponsible and useless as you think.

5 reasons why SS and MNS could be behind the blast:

1. Most of those killed were non-Marathis.
2. The bakery didn't have a Marathi name plate.
3. Menu of the Bakery had Hindi and English names but not Marathi!
4. The area had an English word in it (Koregaon "Park").
5. They wanted to spoil upcoming Valentines' Day.

amol_cool said:
Lapses DO occur and govt can't be blamed always. Govt is not that irresponsible and useless as you think.

5 reasons why SS and MNS could be behind the blast:

1. Most of those killed were non-Marathis.
2. The bakery didn't have a Marathi name plate.
3. Menu of the Bakery had Hindi and English names but not Marathi!
4. The area had an English word in it (Koregaon "Park").
5. They wanted to spoil upcoming Valentines' Day.

Seriously, this taking conspiracy theory too far.

1. Yeah a special bomb planted which can distinguish between Marathis and Non-Marathis. Seriously since when bullets and bombs starting looking for where victims belong to.
2. Yes, so my college did not have any Marathi name plate. Yes I did 4 years of my engineering in Pune. That said, complying to a Marathi name plate is easy. Just say and they will do it. But Bomb blast for it?... not possible.
3. I have been to loads of restaurants in Pune and I have seem menu in english only, certainly not in Hindi or Marathi. Wait even Pizza hut, MacDonald, etc do not have a marathi/hindi menu.
4. Man this is too much. SO many places have street, park, cross etc in their names. A severely brain damaged person will think of bombing a place having english word in it.
5. With a Bomb blast? Like people are not going to meet their valentine?

Cu,

blufox said:
Seriously, this taking conspiracy theory too far.

1. Yeah a special bomb planted which can distinguish between Marathis and Non-Marathis. Seriously since when bullets and bombs starting looking for where victims belong to.

2. Yes, so my college did not have any Marathi name plate. Yes I did 4 years of my engineering in Pune. That said, complying to a Marathi name plate is easy. Just say and they will do it. But Bomb blast for it?... not possible.

3. I have been to loads of restaurants in Pune and I have seem menu in english only, certainly not in Hindi or Marathi. Wait even Pizza hut, MacDonald, etc do not have a marathi/hindi menu.

4. Man this is too much. SO many places have street, park, cross etc in their names. A severely brain damaged person will think of bombing a place having english word in it.

5. With a Bomb blast? Like people are not going to meet their valentine?

Cu,

You do understand what I said was a joke right? :rofl:

Found out about this sad event, while reading it here. Not got a chance to watch TV. Sad, really sad. God bless the souls of the deceased, and gave faith and strength to the families and close friends of the same.

It is really mind boggling and scary to see incidents like this happening over and over again in India. I remember the Delhi blasts few years ago. (Karol Bagh, CP, GK). I had just crossed GK 20 minutes before the blast. My throat went dry, and I broke into a cold sweat. Basically 'value-of-life' is really really low in India. People do not care much. See how stringent other foreign countries are regarding National Security. You guys should see the security check when one boards a connectivity flight from Paris to the US. Gosh, even belts and shoes are asked to be removed. Majority of Indians do not care about life and others life. Typical dog-eat-dog. I clearly remember when the Mumbai terrorist attack happened. People in New Delhi were cool. Once in a while watching TV. Radio channels were playing the usual bollywood jazz. Sad. Also our politicians are really really slow. Yes, India is a big country with 1 Billion people. But if we cannot be procactive, we should at least be hyper reactive. We spent a bomb maintaining Mr. Kasab in jail last year. That is what India and our politicians our.

As the saying goes, "The only time India progresses is during the night. When our politicians sleep".

Again my prayers with those that suffered. God bless.

*Raj* said:
I have never heard Hindu, Buddhist, Christian terrorist in my life

Heard of the LTTE and the IRA ;). It's just that they are never branded that way. On the other hand, if a terrorist happens to be a muslim, then suddenly the religious identity becomes very important.

asingh said:
It is really mind boggling and scary to see incidents like this happening over and over again in India. I remember the Delhi blasts few years ago. (Karol Bagh, CP, GK). I had just crossed GK 20 minutes before the blast. My throat went dry, and I broke into a cold sweat. Basically 'value-of-life' is really really low in India. People do not care much.
Tell me how quick life resumed after those events as we are already past this one. This is how it stops as its effect gets reduced each time.

asingh said:
You guys should see the security check when one boards a connectivity flight from Paris to the US. Gosh, even belts and shoes are asked to be removed. Majority of Indians do not care about life and others life.
We have always been hyper about security on planes, i recall flying in the early 90s, and being asked to come out onto the tarmac to identify my luggage before boarding the plane. This was unheard of abroad at the time.

amol_cool said:
You do understand what I said was a joke right? :rofl: You ain't disabled enough to take it all seriously, are you? :p

And you are retard enough not to include a smiley.
Oh wait...

Whatever smartie pants.

blr_p said:
Tell me how quick life resumed after those events as we are already past this one. This is how it stops as its effect gets reduced each time.
We have always been hyper about security on planes, i recall flying in the early 90s, and being asked to come out onto the tarmac to identify my luggage before boarding the plane. This was unheard of abroad at the time.

Yes, life resumed pronto. No stop. And not much else was done. But see the security now. And see the security in malls. I once walked into a mall with 4 cans of Zippo lighter fuel. Errr...processes are lax here.

I was at GB till arnd 5:30PM yesterday.. planning to order another round of omelettes and coffee and dessert

Thankfully one of my pals convinced the rest of us that being a saturday, we should be drinking beer instead of coffee ...

Just when we were heading out , one of the kids from my office was getting in with his friends...

Thankfully,he escaped with minor burns and some bruises from falling debris

He should be released from the hosp today

Back