Boom Boom Diwali : Show your crackers thread :D

I hope you cracker guys are going green this diwali.

247012_662224763875499_3966582533458197030_n.jpg

For me Diwali is catching up with people. Friends & Relatives, Booz and Card parties, Yummy Food and Sweets... I don't get time for crackers you see.

And TBH I would rather spend that much money in feeding/helping poor then burning money in crackers. Try to have a safe Diwali as you can't really have a eco-friendly Diwali. Happy Diwali...

The hypocrisy....my god!

Things Indians don't care about :
Automobile pollution - 2-3 cars per home, age old vehicles plying on the streets, etc
Dirty Electricity - No problem using tons of electricity generated via coal. 2-3 ACs per home, tons of gadgets and computers.
Disposing of our electronic waste, plastic wasted, city waste etc.
Snatching habitat of animals even when it can be avoided.
High rise street and apartment lights which wreck havoc for animals and birds.
Tons of pets being abandoned onto the streets.
Christmas in america - which is one of the most polluting festivals on the planet. The 2-3X electricity generated at the cost of nuclear waste is OK.
The holiday season gifting which generated tons and tons of packaging waste goes under the rug.
Buying items from China - when we know that child / forced / inhumane labour is being used.
Eating in hotels / visiting places which employ children destroying their future.

But when it comes to Diwali, suddenly all these becomes a big issue. Everyone wants to show that they are environment friendly.

That being said...
@Being.smart - Diwali is a festival unique to our country and I am all for bursting crackers.
But.....Do you really have to burst in such a huge quantity ?? And a 10,000 lar ? Seriously!!
What you have there is enough for 5-6 families.

Get a small quantity(1000-1500 Rs),which does not make loud noise and burst it safely with family dude. Care a little about the environment and the other beings around.
That 10,000 lar will be an absolute misery for old people/dogs and babies.

And you come to conclusion that none of the people here don't care about these issues from where? Oh my dear sir, are you some interwebz wizard who can tell what people care for and what not? Please share your secrets with us, O Mighty.
He needs some Mind Lessons from being.smart lol :D:D

So far so good, barely heard any explosions near my place, i'd say it's a reduction of upto 80% from last year. Hope this trend carries into the evening today.

The hypocrisy....my god!

Things Indians don't care about :
Automobile pollution - 2-3 cars per home, age old vehicles plying on the streets, etc
Dirty Electricity - No problem using tons of electricity generated via coal. 2-3 ACs per home, tons of gadgets and computers.
Disposing of our electronic waste, plastic wasted, city waste etc.
Snatching habitat of animals even when it can be avoided.
High rise street and apartment lights which wreck havoc for animals and birds.
Tons of pets being abandoned onto the streets.
Christmas in america - which is one of the most polluting festivals on the planet. The 2-3X electricity generated at the cost of nuclear waste is OK.
The holiday season gifting which generated tons and tons of packaging waste goes under the rug.
Buying items from China - when we know that child / forced / inhumane labour is being used.
Eating in hotels / visiting places which employ children destroying their future.

But when it comes to Diwali, suddenly all these becomes a big issue. Everyone wants to show that they are environment friendly.

That being said...
@Being.smart - Diwali is a festival unique to our country and I am all for bursting crackers.
But.....Do you really have to burst in such a huge quantity ?? And a 10,000 lar ? Seriously!!
What you have there is enough for 5-6 families.

Get a small quantity(1000-1500 Rs),which does not make loud noise and burst it safely with family dude. Care a little about the environment and the other beings around.
That 10,000 lar will be an absolute misery for old people/dogs and babies.
What are you trying to convey??
First you complain about everything all over the world...then you try to relate all this to bursting crackers in India...then you say care a little about the environment and others being around..
Whats the morale of your story??
Burst or dont burst crackers

The hypocrisy....my god!

Things Indians don't care about : .... bla..blah..blah..
Assuming that Indians don't do all those things right, what's wrong with trying to make one thing right? How is it hypocrisy?
I don't understand your logic.

I have 2 dogs hiding under the dining table.
And I havent left their side all day.

Some people dont do shit except whine.
The fact is that if you have to do something about it, take them in a room, play loud music, so that they dont get scared.

So yea 50% reduction in noise pollution near my place over the last year, unfortunately the air's still too hazy.
At least it didn't feel like Michael Bay's wet dream this year.

@Being.smart What shady brands are those ? As a kid it had to be either Anil, Standard, Cock (lol) or nothing. Also, please reduce or better yet avoid bursting crackers when you turn 26.

why to start a fight, its diwali, behave like brothers and enjoy :D :D

@AMG @Mr.J , i too have a dog as a pet, you can see my DP :D , already departed him to my farmhouse yesterday, where he is enjoying, also i have 3-4 other pets too, all in farmhouse now :p :p

also, just put your dog in an isolated room, close all windows and doors, and play some sort of music , and try to play with them :) :)

its just matter of 2 hours, 9-11 only :)

For me the noise is still same this year. I hate crackers with loud noise. Also the morons want them to burst at this time of night i.e. 12.30 with hospital situated approx 150 meters from my building. The noise is so intense that glasses of window door are making vibrating noise. Imagine how much torturous it would be for people trying to get some sleep in hustle of festival and tired day, old aged people, patients in hospital, animals and infants/toddlers. Owners of pets, parents of infants would always be tensed and worried during these days.

PS: These are my views/thoughts/perspective.

Still people will burst them... :(. Its over 18 or 19 years since I burst a cracker... Even then it was that 1 time. All i enjoyed was that small cracker gun thingy. But really not worth the money.

I thought I wasted money, until I saw the first pic in the original post. Now... I am ok. :D :D :D

No crackers this Diwali, this was a packt made with all the friends. Too much noise, too much garbage, too much pollution, definitely not worth it. Rather, saved time, got more dias & candles, met more people, and got more sweets.

its not like that i spent on crackers only, had also done some sort of social work ditching a brand new iphone 6+ 128gb :D :D

Not impressed... You s
No crackers this Diwali, this was a packt made with all the friends. Too much noise, too much garbage, too much pollution, definitely not worth it. Rather, saved time, got more dias & candles, met more people, and got more sweets.

I think you forgot to add.... "and surprisingly enjoyed much more."

Back