Borderlands 2 -Discussion Thread

Allwyn, what if we don't end up using the fourth character? I understand that the game is ideally co-op'ed keeping in mind four characters. And how about the campaign playthrough? Is it like, all the characters would spawn at the same location and move to the same point say a dumpyard and finish off the opponents. What of the loot? Shared?

It's not mandatory to have all 4 players to start the game. I think Borderlands 2 has promised drop in and out co-op. So if you leave your slot open, anyone else can join in later on. Hence, if you are a player short, then three people can go ahead.

For the spawn part, I'm assuming it will be the same as the first game. If you all start the game simultaneously from a private room, all the characters would spawn at the last saved spawn point. Loot can be shared pretty easily. One player can drop his weapon, you can compare the stats and pick it up if you want to, else let go of it.

It's not mandatory to have all 4 players to start the game. I think Borderlands 2 has promised drop in and out co-op. So if you leave your slot open, anyone else can join in later on. Hence, if you are a player short, then three people can go ahead.

For the spawn part, I'm assuming it will be the same as the first game. If you all start the game simultaneously from a private room, all the characters would spawn at the last saved spawn point. Loot can be shared pretty easily. One player can drop his weapon, you can compare the stats and pick it up if you want to, else let go of it.

Alright so the story progression happens except that there would be additional players to aid us. Got it.

What of the difficulty? Would it be harder when we have co-op players? I mean it would be fairly easier to take out the opponents when we have other players as well.

What of the difficulty? Would it be harder when we have co-op players? I mean it would be fairly easier to take out the opponents when we have other players as well.

The game scales according to the level and amount of players in the game. I'm still rough on a few concepts, but I think Sam can assist you with everything in detail. He was the expert of our group for this game back then.

@sameer.sharma: Did I miss out on anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gannu.. it is pretty much like the borderlands 1, me n my brother were level 2 where as the AI was level 5-6..
we are playing tonight.. right??

The game scales according to the level and amount of players in the game. I'm still rough on a few concepts, but I think Sam can assist you with everything in detail. He was the expert of our group for this game back then.

sameer.sharma: Did I miss out on anything?

No, you covered it all. :)

In SP campaign, I am seeing some undiscovered quests for each locations the player go. There won't be any directions for these in the game i assume. The first quest I found includes reference to a NPC from first game and the mission from that NPC.
So, any player who remembers the first game will be able to pick up the clue to start this quest. I haven't finished that yet, so I will get back when I have more info.

^^ rofl.. :rofl:
@Gannu, he has an MB.. you expect him to play on MB?? :p
and anyways, he's studying for GRE, don't wanna disturb him.. So we still have to search for the forth person..

Cant wait to get my hands on the game ... :1ign034: i want to come back to india asap ... hope can make it in oct atleast.

No, you covered it all. :)

In SP campaign, I am seeing some undiscovered quests for each locations the player go. There won't be any directions for these in the game i assume. The first quest I found includes reference to a NPC from first game and the mission from that NPC.
So, any player who remembers the first game will be able to pick up the clue to start this quest. I haven't finished that yet, so I will get back when I have more info.
I stand corrected, the undiscovered quest was just hinting at the upcoming quest. It went ahead as normal quest later on. (I thought it would be an unmarked quest. That would've been cool. :p)

Anyways, doing side quests in Southern Shelf for now. Only found a single gun chest so far. :|
And best gun I have for now is only Green. Maybe they made loot level more linear. In the first game, I had got Purple level weapon in the first hour itslef. :p

Anyone here recieved there copies yet? from flipkart?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope the game has been delayed to MONDAY!
iam cancelling by pre order :mad:

Skipped office, didn't take phone calls, had a super-late lunch and literally forgot about my personal life... why you ask because I bit into a delicious taste of a wicked cool alternate life... started playing Borderlands 2 today!!! :eek:hyeah:

Back