Borderlands - Discussion Thread

I'm almost approaching the end and both me and my brother are on level 30 now. I still have 7-8 main missions to go. As far as I know, Destroyer is the final boss and the level requirement states it's on level 32. So what steps do I need to take before approaching this stage? We are using Brick BTW.

PS: Where do I get this class mod which regenerate ammo? :S

^Not completed the game yet? :p :O

Have you completed all the side missions Allwyn? Please do that before you approach the final boss. He was a bit hard until I figured out the right trick to bring down his health. I never had the ammo regen class mod IIRC and still managed to defeat him. You need the best-in-class sniper rifle (don't recollect the name) and the rocket launcher and you are set! :D

My history with this game is very long. :p

Anyway, I have completed lot of side missions. I think there are just a one mission remaining at the "Middle of Nowhere" bounty board and a few from Crazy Earl, whom I can't seem to find. Anyway, I'll try doing that and levelling up to level 32 at least. Else anything below that and going for the mission is suicidal. I currently have a few SMG's and have ditched the sniper. I'll try to get it back.

Anything else that I need? Is melee combat possible for the final boss?

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm almost approaching the end and both me and my brother are on level 30 now. I still have 7-8 main missions to go. As far as I know, Destroyer is the final boss and the level requirement states it's on level 32. So what steps do I need to take before approaching this stage? We are using Brick BTW.

PS: Where do I get this class mod which regenerate ammo? :S
Yeah destroyer is last boss.But you are level 30 only, looks like you missed lots of sidemissions.Do them first.Try to get 34-35 atleast before you face him.He isn't hard but higher level always helps.Unlimited class mod is for sniper only I think.I never got it. I have finished the game with Soldier and Berserker.Melee combat isn't possible in final boss but melee combat will come in handy during last stage against those erodian enemies.Just press F HAHAHAHAH MORE!!!! hit 2-3 punches and they die :p

I haven't reached him yet. I still have 2 more missions in New Haven and then the entire 'Salt Flats' level remains. So I have plenty of time to beef up. I just wanted to be prepared beforehand. ;)

Then lots of time is left you should get 35-36 easily.After salt flats there is Crimson enclave and maybe more don't remeber.And don't go to salt flats before hitting 31-32, there are level 30 big guys who take forever to die, you will need higher level to kill them.

i found destroyer very easy

kept throwing nades and shooting a smg...the boss didnt get a single chance to hit me

fight was over in a minute

PhOeNiX said:
Well Destroyer from what i heard requires you to be at Level 60+ (60 or 61). Even then it's tough.

Err that is for playthrough 2.

I killed it on level 36 with incidenary sniper x4 and 500 some dmg with 2.5 fire rate. I got a blast machine gun with 8 or so fire rate with x3 blasts. Its quite easy to do destroyer without ammo regen cause you will get a lot, I mean a lot of ammo all the time around him.

Anyways try getting some good grenade mods, preferbaly corrosive ones, get a good sheild, fast regen and lots of capacity and get a mod which gives more health. Your breserk wont work against destroyer cause he will just push you back or keep doing insane amount of damage to you. You will end up dying and losing health. The best thing i found over here is to join some game online that has old heaven in it and possibly find some sick weaps.

ultimabasher said:
Anyways try getting some good grenade mods, preferbaly corrosive ones, get a good sheild, fast regen and lots of capacity and get a mod which gives more health. Your breserk wont work against destroyer cause he will just push you back or keep doing insane amount of damage to you. You will end up dying and losing health. The best thing i found over here is to join some game online that has old heaven in it and possibly find some sick weaps.
That looks like a good way to approach him. Thanks a lot. I was hoping the berserk mode would really help towards the end. :(

And, the Destroyer holds on to some sort of a pillar which is a good cover for you. Stick to the place and shoot. Rinse, wash, repeat! :p

BTW YGPM!

err i killed him that way itself. After a few secs, he will hold the pillar on the left, get behind it and keep shooting the hand. Run out of ammo, grab some from behind of you and you are good to kill it easy.

He did nothing to me.I was standing in middle and shooting like a brave soldier :p
I was on Soldier class and had heavy gunner class mod which added 60% magazine size and 40% fire rate.Also my combat rifle had 168 damage + 9 fire rate and 68 accuracy + my scorpio turret skill :p

Already done with Soldier :p and in playthrough 2 I didnt get any overkill weapons, most of the time i played with same old SMG and combat rifle.

Whoopie! Completed the game today morning. Beat the hell out of the Destroyer and guess what, Berserker melee punches beat the hell out of him. I was on level 36 when I took it down. Had a blast throughout the game and co-op just doubled the fun. I was thinking of getting the double pack add-on DVD for this game on the 360, which apparently includes the first 2 DLC; The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned & Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. So a quick question, what's the length of both these DLC's and will my save from the original game be carried over, including with my character level?

Yea you can carry that over.
Zombie DLC brings variety and is lot of fun but it is short, about 5-6 hours of gameplay.Mad moxxi just sucks, there re no quests just areana fights with random enemies.

pavasedge said:
Yea you can carry that over.
Zombie DLC brings variety and is lot of fun but it is short, about 5-6 hours of gameplay.Mad moxxi just sucks, there re no quests just areana fights with random enemies.
So you reckon I skip the add-on disc? :(

Same thing pavas, even I didnt find any kickass weaps. Just the same weaps with increased cost on selling. Thats all. I barely found some better grenade mods. Even the class mods are the same -.-. I mostly use caustic weaps and i barely managed to get 2 good ones.

Back