Borderlands - Discussion Thread

Just finished. Level 37 Hunter. Had received some neat Class Mods . One Sniper mod which gave me infinite Sniper Ammo, so everything got easy, and another one , a Survivor one gave me super fast health recharges. Juggling between the two, made it into a near GOD mode :p Too tired now for another playthrough. Maybe after a couple of weeks.

Started the game in the afternoon. On Level 13 now. :ashamed:

Some badarses are so hard to be killed - I think I should've taken hunter from the beginning. Took up the nigger's role. :|

This game is easy.Just make sure you do all the side missions so that you level is always higher than required by main missions.
My soldier- level 50 (playthrough 2 almost over but its damn hard and I didnt get any overkill weapons this time. :( )
Berserker - level 32

Just a heads-up but has anyone with the ATi 4xxx series cards observed a glitch in the game viz. certain buildings all grayed out, grey grounds at Dr. Zed's house & at Sledge's safehouse etc?

I'm using the 9.12 but without the hotfix. Will applying the hotfix resolve this issue?

Gannu said:
Just a heads-up but has anyone with the ATi 4xxx series cards observed a glitch in the game viz. certain buildings all grayed out, grey grounds at Dr. Zed's house & at Sledge's safehouse etc?

I'm using the 9.12 but without the hotfix. Will applying the hotfix resolve this issue?
Disable Catalyst AI from CCC and the issue should be fixed.

While playing this game I got bored many times especially while doing missions of New Haven and Rust commons.Towards the end it got interesting since Lance soldiers came into play.

Damn I have the PC version lying with me sealed but couldn't play it due to time , have so many games still to play on PC , PSP and PS3. :dizzy:

Lance soldiers? Wow who're these guys now? I've had enough of these mini bosses already but it's so much fun. Managed to reach Lvl 25 now - gets interesting by the day. :D

Got to complete Bioshock2 and Serious Sam HD after this one. :p

Gannu said:
Lance soldiers? Wow who're these guys now? I've had enough of these mini bosses already but it's so much fun. Managed to reach Lvl 25 now - gets interesting by the day. :D

Got to complete Bioshock2 and Serious Sam HD after this one. :p
Lance soldiers in my opinion are best enemies in this game.You will meet them in old haven and other locations that you visit later.Make sure you do all side missions before entering their area, these guys are hard.One of the reasons why I like them is they come in when you really get bored killing bandits,spiderants,other enemies and you desperately need some change. Just a suggestion use corrosive weapons against them. :p

Edit- People who haven't played DLC - Zombie island of Dr Ned, do yourself a favor and play it right now.Zombeis----> best addition to awesomest Borderlands.2nd DLC sucked though but there is new one coming,OH YEAH!!

Gannu at what time you play?We should do Co-op.

^Thanks! I've Zombie's mod btw. :)

I've had enough of these badass versions of these minions - rakks, skegs, spiderants and what not! :|

Any idea what percentage of the campaign's over now? :ashamed:

I did all side missions and it finished when I got 36.Don't think you are near to the end,there is lot to do in New Haven and rust commons.Just curious which class you are using and what weapons?Post weapon stats please .

Soldier - Roland. :(

Most of them were lucky using Hunter. But hey once Roland's abilities are pepped up, his deployable turret becomes more powerful. And so does he.

So 36 is the max. level one can achieve? Curious as to how kauzy reached 50 odd. Does the second playthrough kick off from the previous level?

im also playing roland (named after stephen king's dark tower series)

you can to a 2nd and 3rd replay continuing the same character...all monsters in the game will also levelup accordingly and you can go upto level 50

should i prefer a 250 damage sniper or a 150 damange with 1x explosive? how about choosing between a 60 combat rifle vs a 40+elemental?

Gannu said:
Soldier - Roland. :(

Most of them were lucky using Hunter. But hey once Roland's abilities are pepped up, his deployable turret becomes more powerful. And so does he.

So 36 is the max. level one can achieve? Curious as to how kauzy reached 50 odd. Does the second playthrough kick off from the previous level?
Roland (Soldier)is well balanced and best class in my opinion.His skill is most effective if you know how to use it.Use Scorpio turret to create distraction,also its fun to be a coward.Run into bunch of enemies,through your action skill and run away :p .Also find Heavy gunner class mod if you haven't yet got it.It adds magazine size and increases fire rate.

Level 50 can be reached in playthrough 2.

@nukeu666 Use elemental revolvers and Snipers.Also find the ones that has most zoom so that you can easily score a critical.Remember elemental effect varies from enemies to enemies.For armor (against spidarants and other armored enemies) use corrosive weapons , revolvers mostly.For human enemies use incendiary damage.So you need to make sure you select right elemental weapon and it can deal lots of damage.

Back