Borderlands - Discussion Thread

Yea and unfortunately I didn't get any overkill weapon in playthrough 2.And those level 50 lance soldiers, DAMN so much armor they have got.Doesn't matter what you do they refuse to die.But no doubt playthrough 2 is lot more entertaining than the first one.Tougher and more intelligent enemies make it more interesting.

Gannu said:
Soldier - Roland. :(

Most of them were lucky using Hunter. But hey once Roland's abilities are pepped up, his deployable turret becomes more powerful. And so does he.

So 36 is the max. level one can achieve? Curious as to how kauzy reached 50 odd. Does the second playthrough kick off from the previous level?

U suspecting my abilities :mad:

just kiddin.. :p
i was playing playthrough 2 which led me to level 50.. i dunno if it goes beyond that since my assignments are not letting me play games.. :mad: :no:

Anyone getting messed up shadows. My configuration is AMD Athlon II X240, 2GB DDR2 800RAM and HD 4650 1gb DDR2...Everything on high and turned on except Dynamic Shadows...From Catalyst I have disabled Catalyst AI.

Any suggestions people should I download the hotfix.

I have 9.12 as my driver version.

kauzy said:
U suspecting my abilities :mad:

:p

Finally, I'm done with the game. LOL what was with the last boss? :lol:

Many thanks to Phoenix, Ethan_Hunt and pavasedge for the recommendation and help. :p

Guys throw in some tips for Roland(The Soldier class) .. I am in New Haven (Lvl 25 or 24 i think) .. The only class mod i have is the rifle man .. Also i am having trouble organising my backpack .. Should i get rid of all the Revolvers and Repeaters? R they ever usefull (compared to SMG and Combat machine guns) ..

Revolvers are extremely useful,don't drop.Just make sure you get the one with scopes and elemental effect chance,most enemies will die in just one shot.Infact for me it is the most effective weapon.About repeaters most of them are bad but keep if you find any good one.Use heavy gunner gunner class mod.It increases magazine size and fire rate with all weapons.Combat rifles are good for short rance combat.SMGs are best weapon for this game.Both for short and long range combat SMGs ROCK.

Sounds like world of warcraft...with guns

You people should seriously play wow...there are a ton of Indians on my server ,burning legion (US). There is no game out there that has the depth of wow and still manages to be fun..

coming from l33t_sniper, im sure that was sarcasm....i hope

No I'm actually serious. WoW is probably the only mmo out there that has a fluid economy that can probably closely reflect the real world. You want to be a virtual businessman, go right ahead.

And the combat is incredibly simple for the novice user but at higher levels of theorycrafting it becomes a challenge that needs dedicated spreadsheets and complicated calculations to maximise your damage output.

For example, the character I play is a fury warrior. The major stats that we have to manage are str, hit and expertise. But past a certain cap, all three of these stats get replaced by better ones (armor penetration, crit rating and haste). The challenge is in juggling your items to get the maximum damage out.

Then theres arena...its kinda imbalanced but is always fun to try. Then the game world, which is probably the largest in any single MMOG. WoW is simply awesome! I'd post my stamp of approval but I'm at work and the jpeg's back on the home pc.

pavasedge said:
Revolvers are extremely useful,don't drop.Just make sure you get the one with scopes and elemental effect chance,most enemies will die in just one shot.Infact for me it is the most effective weapon.About repeaters most of them are bad but keep if you find any good one.Use heavy gunner gunner class mod.It increases magazine size and fire rate with all weapons.Combat rifles are good for short rance combat.SMGs are best weapon for this game.Both for short and long range combat SMGs ROCK.
The only problem with revolvers is that it has a very small magazine size (thats y the heavy guber mod is recommended) .. But if i am going to use a Revolver with scope i might as well use a Sniper rite?(More damage + Accuracy but lower fire rate)

apextwin146 said:
The only problem with revolvers is that it has a very small magazine size (thats y the heavy guber mod is recommended) .. But if i am going to use a Revolver with scope i might as well use a Sniper rite?(More damage + Accuracy but lower fire rate)
Revolvers take almost no time to reload.Snipers have more zoom so they are good for long range.Remember 3x zoom of revolver is lot less than 3x zoom of sniper.There is one boss who gives awesome sniper that has 3.2x zoom.

I had that sniper. Also had one with 2.5x zoom , 3X Corrosive damage, and a high base damage (Don't remember how much). The fire rate was also slightly high, 0.9 i think. The best weapon against all kinds of armored enemies, like Lance soldiers, skags (not corrosive type though). I also had other elemental snipers for all occasions :eek:hyeah: Also a Sniper Artifact that gave me higher damage and recharging sniper cartridges (unlimited ammo ie) :p

You must be using sniper class then.In my 3 playthroughs( 2 with soldiers and 1 with berserk )I didn't come across any artifact/class mod that gives unlimited ammo_Oh wait and by the way a new BIG DLC is coming that will have several new places,enemies and vehicles.

You must be using sniper class then.In my 3 playthroughs( 2 with soldiers and 1 with berserk )I didn't come across any artifact/class mod that gives unlimited ammo_Oh wait and by the way a new BIG DLC is coming that will have several new places,enemies and vehicles.
You can get a class mod that recharges all weapon ammo. I completed abt 60% of the game with that. I personally prefer sniper rifles. They are so awesome and safe.
Now at playthrough 2 with the soldier.

Back