Bought my first car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a 6 footer who's at the co-driver's seat, it is pretty bad else it is okay. Nothing great TBH.

Last edited:
The stock music system is decent, not audiophile-grade but works well for 320 kbps tracks. I do not intend to change it.

Do get a basstube+amplifier. Will cost you around 18k and trust me, it will be worth the money.

Do get a basstube+amplifier. Will cost you around 18k and trust me, it will be worth the money.

I am not interested in improving the SQ of the music or swapping the HU. I need to get some remaps done on the ECU once the warranty is over. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Thanks guys! :)
The detailed initial ownership thread on Team-BHP went live sometime back.
Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-vw-polo-gt-tdi-initial-ownership-review.html
Dont add direct links to other sites .... Mods remove this :p

On a serious note:
A friend had bought the Automatic version of I 10 few months back for about 6.25L and I thought that was too much for a hatch back. For a noob like me in 4 wheelers 9+L for a hatch back is way too much.... Wouldn't one buy a scorpio or Nissan Sunny/ Honda city for that price...
I am not questioning your purchase just trying to understand that whats special for that price as compared to other hatch back that sell for approx 4-6L

On a serious note:
A friend had bought the Automatic version of I 10 few months back for about 6.25L and I thought that was too much for a hatch back. For a noob like me in 4 wheelers 9+L for a hatch back is way too much.... Wouldn't one buy a scorpio or Nissan Sunny/ Honda city for that price...
I am not questioning your purchase just trying to understand that whats special for that price as compared to other hatch back that sell for approx 4-6L

The current automotive market is now wide enough that the type of car can be considered separately from the budget. Previously, I have seen decisions that used to be a case of 'I will buy a hatchback because I can't afford a sedan'. A hatchback vs sedan vs suv decision can now be made as a first consideration based on the probable use, traffic conditions, fuel consumption,etc. Then one can maximise the power, torque, interior quality (depending on personal choices of course) that fits into one's budget.

On a serious note:

It's pretty simple actually - a fully blown Diesel sedan would not fit under the 10L price bracket. Besides I had parking trouble in my apartment for a lengthy sedan. Not to mention, the prying eyes in the company - many senior grade employees own Alto and Zens. If they see that a junior level employee got himself a sedan, there goes my performance next year.

With this, not only do I get a sedan's engine, but good interiors and an all-round package in a compact hatch. :)

On a serious note:
but the fact is even a scorpio wont be available for 10L on road now . thanks to additional taxes imposed by the govt. :mad:
that and for a bachelor for personal use , the hatch is the best option since he does not need to worry about the space for passengers at the back. :p
better kms/litre compared to sedans/SUVs.
better handling and dynamics since hatches are know to be better in dynamics than a corresponding sedan or an SUV.

BTW congrats gannu.
might have been a great feeling of owning a car earned by your own monies.

logically a Skoda rapid would be a better bang for buck though :p

It's pretty simple actually - a fully blown Diesel sedan would not fit under the 10L price bracket. Besides I had parking trouble in my apartment for a lengthy sedan. Not to mention, the prying eyes in the company - many senior grade employees own Alto and Zens. If they see that a junior level employee got himself a sedan, there goes my performance next year.

With this, not only do I get a sedan's engine, but good interiors and an all-round package in a compact hatch. :)
True....
I read the detailed post on the other forum..... Interesting writeup. Learnt few new things which I did not know about cars. Also the review was quite honest with detailed pictures.
Will that armrest affect the hand brake accessibility?

Congrats @Gannu. Its a beaut!
This car is much more better than an alto or zen. I think you should throw your boss a party or something to get performance increase.

logically a Skoda rapid would be a better bang for buck though :p

Rapid is again a sedan (I'd have opted for the Vento if I were to) and the innards were uninspiring compared to the GT versions. Do a check! :)

Will that armrest affect the hand brake accessibility?

It does but not a big deal considering the armrest is used more often than the handbrake. :p

This car is much more better than an alto or zen.

This cannot be compared to an Alto or Zen dude. They cater to a different segment altogether and retail for much cheaper (less than half the price of the GT!).

Awesome write-up on bhp gannu. Congrats on your purchase. That is by far the best looking sedan i have ever seen.
I so wish VW works on the internal spacing. Personally not comfi for me driving a polo or a vento.

Does the GT variant come with the 1 time a yr maintainance policy or is it different with the gt's?

Congrats on buying the enthusiast hatch. Happy and safe motoring.
You have absolutely nailed the TeamBhp review. Pics were great.

Have favour to ask regarding the Arm rest. I was contemplating to buy one and do a DIY for my Swift Dzire.
It could be really great if you let know the exact measurements of the arm rest top the sliding portion and the foot leg where it's bolted.
It is drilled with the machine or used the screws to fit the arm rest .[DOUBLEPOST=1381816919][/DOUBLEPOST]
. That is by far the best looking sedan i have ever seen.
:shifty::hungover:

Rapid is again a sedan (I'd have opted for the Vento if I were to) and the innards were uninspiring compared to the GT versions. Do a check! :)
i know this. i was specifically talking of getting more bang for the buck.
rapid with discount would cost around the same as the POLO GT TDI.
said so because you were a fan of the 1.6L TDI motor :)
i am not a fan of the seating position in a polo or vento. had trouble getting in to a jetta too in the co passenger seat.
the newer octavia though is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back