Brainwavz M4 available at 60% off for $28 (Standard Price is $69.50)

^ It shows that mine have reached Bangalore
Once the shipment has reached India, use this for tracking : IPS Web Tracking

m4iemtracker.jpg

Got mine today. No customs, and it was marked as a gift. Local postman brought it.

Tried to listened to them but to my untrained ears they sounded too flat and there was no bass whatsoever.
They sounded pretty dull compared to Marshmellows.
Then I hooked them up with Fiio E11 and the sound improved a lot and there was a decent bit of bass as well.

Now I plan to burn them in for some time. That should improve the sound considerably.

Just compared the M4 with Audiotechnika M35. New M4's sounds lackluster against the vibrant sound of a well used M35.

Are you getting a good fit? They are not supposed to be flat sounding, rather they are known for their V-shape signature.

Yeah the medium tips fit my ears pretty well. There are total 7 tips including the foam ones.

About the sound, maybe I was 'expecting' them to sound flat out of the box. Honestly I don't know much about sound :unsure:

Any tips for burning-in ? For the time being I've hooked them to a spare cell and plan to leave the music playing for around 100 hours with volume at 70 percent.

As for me, I'll just listen to music as I would do normally and let it burn in on its own.
Flat sounding is weird, everyone else so far has written about its V shaped sig, emphasis on lows and highs with recessed mids. How do the comply tips feel ? :)

As for me, I'll just listen to music as I would do normally and let it burn in on its own.
Flat sounding is weird, everyone else so far has written about its V shaped sig, emphasis on lows and highs with recessed mids. How do the comply tips feel ? :)

I wouldn't recognise V shaped sound even if it came and bit me in the rear :p
The comply foam tips are very comfy, but it was a bit difficult to put them on for the first time... had to literally jostle with them.

That glossary never helped me, FWIW. The only way I learned a small part of the vocabulary is by listening to more IEMs and by comparing them. But then, I am not that bright!
@Argus,

I think by "flat", you mean "not engaging", "not fleshed out sound", "not warm" ... which won't change with burn-in. After all, they are supposed to be B2 with bass. I hope I'll get mine by this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back