Browser Review

Try opera, edge and all the above recommend ones. You will soon find your huckleberry. I still use chrome. I find edge way faster than chrome but I still use chrome for some reason.

+1 for Edge. It's been surprisingly fast and no issues with finding extensions because it's still based on chromium. Also love the web capture feature from Edge which basically lets you easily take and paste screenshots. A complete lifesaver in my opinion. I also tried using Brave but I need to use Google translate from time to time (buying from foreign ecommerce websites) and it doesn't really deal well with that.

thanks for reminder, I remember using Brave sometime back. Trying it once again, all fine since last 4 days.
Definitely it's noticeably faster than chrome and without google's bloatware.
duckduckgo isn't a vast search engine, so using google engine with Brave.

I used to be a loyal chrome user. Tried Microsoft Edge for 2 day and not going back to chrome now.
All the add-ons I need are there on edge too, importing bookmarks and saved passwords is also possible.

I used to be a loyal chrome user. Tried Microsoft Edge for 2 day and not going back to chrome now.
All the add-ons I need are there on edge too, importing bookmarks and saved passwords is also possible.
Try the collections feature you will love it.
Edge also has some privacy features and ad blocking features baked in so do explore that too

never trust ms. I for the fact know that MS implements telemetry and analytics in its core. firefox+noscript ftw. dont trust the schills. edge needs to die. ff ftw. free as in free beer.

never trust ms. I for the fact know that MS implements telemetry and analytics in its core. firefox+noscript ftw. dont trust the schills. edge needs to die. ff ftw. free as in free beer.
I know what analytics is. But if MS is implementing it on level 3 out of 5 then Google is doing it 5 out of 5. Google literally earns based on what we browse and showing relevant ads based on that. Haven't used firefox after 2015. Chrome was better than ff at that time. Not sure how much has it evolved since then. Will surely give it a try. Btw what's "noscript" in firefox and what does it do?

Wanted to know if I'm the only one or you guy are facing the issue too

Do you guy's ever notice some times when you start your pc, just doing browsing like basic(using "Chrome browser") task and suddenly out of nowhere cpu fan crank up and you hear fan noise
This happen to me, so I open my task manager to check which process is taking so much CPU resources to result in fan noise.
Since then every ***cking time I check task manager it is always one of the many task of the chrome which is taking almost 50% of CPU recourses
So i just end that task and CPU fan goes to normal speed, but I notice ending this task does not effect any running tabs in chrome neither chrome stop or crash
My question is if ending the task which is taking 50% CPU resource doesn't affect the functionality of the chrome then why it is there in a first place

To solve this problem I try to uninstall and reinstall chrome but problem still persists, i have another pc at home which also have same problem, I also notice a trend in this problem, no matter what pc you have the task take 50% resources of total available CPU resources for instance i have i7 4600u(2cores 4threads) at office and r7 2700x at home in both pcs chrome task takes 50% of cpu resources. it means for my i7 laptop 2 cores will be always busy and for r7 8 cores will be always busy

If you read this whole thing than thanks for reading it and let me know if you also have this same problem and what you did to solve it (don't say you changed the browser)

Wanted to know if I'm the only one or you guy are facing the issue too

Do you guy's ever notice some times when you start your pc, just doing browsing like basic(using "Chrome browser") task and suddenly out of nowhere cpu fan crank up and you hear fan noise
This happen to me, so I open my task manager to check which process is taking so much CPU resources to result in fan noise.
Since then every ***cking time I check task manager it is always one of the many task of the chrome which is taking almost 50% of CPU recourses
So i just end that task and CPU fan goes to normal speed, but I notice ending this task does not effect any running tabs in chrome neither chrome stop or crash
My question is if ending the task which is taking 50% CPU resource doesn't affect the functionality of the chrome then why it is there in a first place

To solve this problem I try to uninstall and reinstall chrome but problem still persists, i have another pc at home which also have same problem, I also notice a trend in this problem, no matter what pc you have the task take 50% resources of total available CPU resources for instance i have i7 4600u(2cores 4threads) at office and r7 2700x at home in both pcs chrome task takes 50% of cpu resources. it means for my i7 laptop 2 cores will be always busy and for r7 8 cores will be always busy

If you read this whole thing than thanks for reading it and let me know if you also have this same problem and what you did to solve it (don't say you changed the browser)
I had this same problem and tried almost everything and, well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but the only thing that worked for me was changing browsers. I was on Chrome for the longest time, till about 1.5yrs when I switched to ff, and now to Brave about 3 months ago. Surprisingly, Brave doesn't have any of the cpu/ram issues as Chrome, despite using the same Chromium kernel

Firefox is the best for privacy. I use brave when I have to avoid google or use TOR or need it for work.
Edge is good but it will also be a privacy nightmare.

Hmm I was using Chrome for past 6-7 years now, never bothered with CPU or RAM usage as it was used on a desktop. But since running on integrated graphics for past few days I was observing a lag and later found that it was Chrome which was using 50% CPU somehow. Shocking? Nope. It's a google product alright. Now after a fresh start with Win10 using Edge, which I cannot say how many miles smoother, won't install Chrome. But some things feel a bit weird, like the daily corona graph which appears when you keyword in india corona status, on Chrome and FF there is the bar view, but no matter what on Edge it won't appear.

Keeping Firefox on the side as well but it has the same issue it had 5 years ago, with the blunt and bold FONT. Also, upon trying to upload stuffs to G-Drive I found FF takes 3 times more compared to Edge. Weird!

Firefox is the best for privacy.
This EXACTLY Google wants everyone to think and is a blanket statement .. its not "best" out of the box, its only better compared to rest of the other option. (it's funded by google so it does obey some of their order).

Where chrome now, not only track user activity inside browser but it track user system-wide by in default settings and send all information to google. Firefox is better compared to other only if tweaked and few ad-on installed and configured properly.

Was using palemoon and Safari for quite long time.
safari killed their addon feature gradually hence i moved away.. now apple want to track user only themselves, not allowing 3rd party directly so that they can sell the data themselves to 3rd party and make money.
And now with recent changes in palemoon where it made most of my ad-ons useless.. I'm forced to come back to firefox after decade.
I can use chromium but the adons are limited & need manual install and update.

In windows, Edge with level 3 setting of ublock is good enough, and beats firefox's default privacy by leaps and bound. plus its more robust than Firefox.
User using Win10 - Edge with ublock origin L2/L3 security is no brainier for them, must not get themselves fooled using ff or chrome.

Last edited:
Hey guys, heard google servers don't allow syncing data with Chromium browsers anymore. Did any of you use the sync for auto-login on sites, auto-fill for address details and the other stuff?

If so, how are you guys managing now ?

Used to use that feature on Comodo Dragon and its disabled now.

Back