BSNL 3G Thread

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]So for the 751 5GB plan we will get 7.5GB instead! That's super cool
<
Will recharge on Monday.

Its applicable for Chennai SIMs or all TN SIMs?[/font]

#varkey

Should be applicable for rest of TN as well, I think it's considered as one circle now.

The Rs 750 plan on iPad sims usually have 6 GB so during this offer, 9 GB!
<

Should be applicable for rest of TN as well, I think it's considered as one circle now.

The Rs 750 plan on iPad sims usually have 6 GB so during this offer, 9 GB!
<

My Ipad SIM is capped
<
I mentioned about the regular SIM plan. Will definitely do a recharge on Sunday, Monday. Will update the status here.

^ Oh k. But do check it once again. My sim which was capped at 1Mbps during the unlimited plan period is now giving full 4-5 Mbps! ")

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Yeah, using that SIM occasionally. Still capped to 256kbps
<
Plain unlucky i guess.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]My friend recharged TN 3G Normal SIM with the 5GB Rs.751 plan and he got 7.5GB data instead. So its working fine for all TN SIM's I guess.[/font]

Well I hope some bsnl user can help me..

I have a bsnl sim which till had healthy balance. I dont know whether it was a 2G or 3G sim. Next I ventured to bsnl portal website where I did "3G DATA recharge" for Rs 100. I got a successful confirmation and on checking with *123*10# they show the following:

"Your plan is "3G special", You have "995.99" in your account valid till xx-xx-xxxx .

Now the problem I am facing is that when I am using that sim to connect to net using my data card, I am getting dismal speed similar to 2G / Edge.

Can anyone please suggest what I am doing wrong?

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Reporting from Ishapore (Near Barrackpore) in West Bengal. 3G Coverage in this area is unreliable at best. Disconnections at irregular intervals, download speeds capped to 2 Mbps (2.5 Mbps peak) and upload to 240 kbps (max). [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Equipment : Huawei K4505 with 5dbi Antenna, [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver version : 6.0.1.271[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]OS : Windows 7 [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Dialer : Windows 7 Built in[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Monitoring App : MDMA[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Intended use : VOIP and Company VPN[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Notes : House is next to Ganga river and hence no tall buildings obstructing the coverage[/font]

Ping (google.com) : 170 ms avg

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hope this helps someone.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]BTW, has anyone found any ways to improve upload speeds on BSNL 3G network? (Sorry if I am asking this question again. I could not go through all 160 pages.
<
)[/font]

^^ Is the data card itself 3G?

(do you have an old 2G data card)?

The data card is Huawei E173 which in theory should go upto 7.2 mbps.

With airtel 3G I regularly get upto 4 MBps

But with bsnl even after doing 3G recharge/Topup, My speed is restricted to 256 KBps..

can anyone help me.

i am using bsnl 3G on huwaei E1750 and E353 my problem is my connection after connect goes from HSDPA to WCDMA.

as a result very low speed.

If i download in background constant then it remain on HSDPA but when i only need for browsing the connection goes from HSDPA to WCDMA as a result browsing not possible.

any one have same problem ?

Folks, how do I use BSNL GPRS using a BSNL 3G modem? (I have unlocked the modem and am successfully using Aircel GPRS with it.) When I try to connect, it tries to use 3G and doesn't connect (as I have exhausted my 3G bandwidth). How can I use GPRS using this modem? The funny thing is, this works successfully in Linux.

Back