BSNL 3G Thread

DarkAngel said:
Stupid BSNL portal says 'Enter a valid BSNL prepaid number' when I try to recharge a friend's 3G SIM with 250MB data. Able to do Talktime topup w/o issues from the portal!
Now the issue is that the 250MB 3G recharge costs Rs.101 and in the end the BSNL portal asks me to pay Rs.104(according the max. + or - Rs.3 policy)
So if I recharge via PayTM should i recharge it with Rs.101 or Rs.104? Has anyone tried such recharge from PayTM?

ha ha ... same happened with me last night.

99 GPRS worked but for a 55 top-up it said 'enter a valid BSNL number' :lol:

BTW, did you ever tried this 250MB recharge from a local shop ? If not, then the price shown on BSNL portal is the one to be recharged at paytm.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

theoracle said:

thanks mate !!

Will try this.

DarkAngel said:
Stupid BSNL portal says 'Enter a valid BSNL prepaid number' when I try to recharge a friend's 3G SIM with 250MB data. Able to do Talktime topup w/o issues from the portal!
Now the issue is that the 250MB 3G recharge costs Rs.101 and in the end the BSNL portal asks me to pay Rs.104(according the max. + or - Rs.3 policy)
So if I recharge via PayTM should i recharge it with Rs.101 or Rs.104? Has anyone tried such recharge from PayTM?

This might help in selecting the amount as a special recharge on PayTM.
[attachment=10072:16898.attach]
http://bsnl.co.in/service/3G/3G_files/3g.htm

Attachments

• sshot-1.jpg
    sshot-1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 214
DarkAngel said:

Each circle has own RCV.. its better look your circle specific bsnl site for exact amount... If you are in TN, then here is http://tamilnadu.bsnl.co.in/cm/adcirculars/Content_DATA_TUs.pdf , So Rs 105 :)

If you have some 3G data plan active and have used up the quota,isn't using 'bsnlstream' as APN better than using a data top-up ?

250 MB on APN 'bsnlstream' = 250 MB * 0.25/MB = 62.5

250 MB recharge = ~105

ramanujpatro said:
If you have some 3G data plan active and have used up the quota,isn't using 'bsnlstream' as APN better than using a data top-up ?

250 MB on APN 'bsnlstream' = 250 MB * 0.25/MB = 62.5

250 MB recharge = ~105

So just changing the APN from 'bsnlnet' to 'bsnlstream' would suffice to browse @ Rs.250 per GB! Anyone has tried it out?

DarkAngel said:
So just changing the APN from 'bsnlnet' to 'bsnlstream' would suffice to browse @ Rs.250 per GB! Anyone has tried it out?

Never tried it. Somebody might have tried that.

Anybody on a limited plan and tried this after exhausting the allotted usage ?

I just got a normal Bsnl excel prepaid sim and recharged with 120. What are my options now. Will use basically for data usage only on my iPad . Want validity as well as data.. Pls help ASAP .

^The Feast is over as of now.

You can do a 99 recharge, for more data 270(10GB).

Validity vouchers - You can do a 220 recharge to extend the validity

^^ the 99 voucher shud be data voucher or normal voucher.. Will the data top up vouchers work as its a normal prepaid sim and not data sim

The amount depends on your circle as well. In Chennai its Rs 98 and can be activated only theough SMS. Check your respective circles website before recharging.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

^ Nope. BSNL site says the validity increases even when you topup. I have done topup of Rs 10 multiple times and validity was supposed to be increased by 9 days, but no change in my case.

YlJjo.png

EDIT :

Sorry, my bad! Validity actually increased by 9 days each time I did a Rs 10 topup! :ashamed: So you can go ahead and topup according to the above table! :p

Hey guys I am thinking to get BSNL iPad SIM. Is 999 unlimited offer still available ?

I read some sim have capped speed. So after recharging 999 only we can find this out ?

TIA :)

avi said:
Hey guys I am thinking to get BSNL iPad SIM. Is 999 unlimited offer still available ?

I read some sim have capped speed. So after recharging 999 only we can find this out ?

TIA :)
No more unlimited plans in BSNL 3G :| The iPad plans were also capped from 1st October

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

Back