BSNL 3G Thread

^ Haven't found a way to check the validity till now. But once your data session is over, you will get an SMS, if there is no current usage charge or balance data usage mentioned in the message, then your UL plan is active! :p

@smnrock---What r ur speeds these days :p

The free 3G offer for 7 days is taking its toll :p....I m getting avg 1.5 mbps from last 2 days. (Signal 4 bars, -80dBm)

^^ Because I am not the only one from Bangalore and PMs are known as private messaging. When the same can be done via creating a thread (as you have done now) plz refrain from PMing when its not required. I dont understand why ppl want to take the PMing route even for suggestions, queries ! Does it take more time to create a thread? And you have some problem buying it from the dealer section or say online 3gmodemstore/ebay. Not everything can be found in SP Road. Only Huawei E1550 is available that also at arnd Rs 2600 in SP Road.

And ya just for the info....if u want to buy from Bangalore....you can take my Huawei E122 :p

kaneunderground said:
@ supra : you dont replies to PM s dude?? !! any idea where can i get 3g device in bangalore ??
i don't think its available ATM, my friend searched(as im out of b'lore for vacation!) in sp road,jaynagar and nearby area but couldn't find the one i was looking for..so ultimately i had to order it thru ebay..

still u can search once at the computer shops in brigade, some old models might be available! or else order it online..

Supra said:
@smnrock---What r ur speeds these days :p

The free 3G offer for 7 days is taking its toll :p....I m getting avg 1.5 mbps from last 2 days. (Signal 4 bars, -80dBm)
OMG bsnl :( little busy in work now a days.. and also trying to root my phone for getting froyo :D. So didn't check the speed... will let you know today :)

Has any member from pune tried BSNL 3G and if so how is the speed, also does any one know from where to get the 3G sim in pune?

There are 3 files for E122

1.Dashboard

2.Dashboard update

3.Firmware .

What is the correct way to install these .

Is it ..?

1.Install Dashboard with e122 connected .

2.Now install dashboard update with E122 still connected ?

What does this dashboard update, update on the E122 modem? it does write to modem ,what does it write?

Firmware update required /necessary?

Firmware update should be done before the dashboard install or after ?

swap said:
Has any member from pune tried BSNL 3G and if so how is the speed, also does any one know from where to get the 3G sim in pune?
You can get it in your area's exchange office. Its out of stock at Hadapsar exhange. I am going to bajirao road office tommorrow to get it.

Freaky said:
@Hacker, browsing speeds are blazing fast as long as you have decent signal strength.

Great, browsing the web on edge is a big pain.

Firmware rewrites the device content including drivers, upgrade certain device in some case.

Dashboard includes mobile partner and its contents.

But i think both should be compatible to each other.

sg3707 said:
^^ Common Buddy

My speeds are around 3KBps - 30 KBps even with full signal and u say ur stuck:S
What device are you using? There's something fishy about such low speeds.

swap said:
If you live around Aundh, you can get from the Aundh BSNL telephone exchange. Else there is a medical shop here too which sells 3G SIM but for 250 rupees (it has 150 rs talktime and 120 rs FRC).

^Intermittently it works good, but at times it struggles.

@sg3707 .. I have had that experience of super low speeds about 1.5 months back.One day it was working fine and the next for the whole day it gave max 30KB/s that too rarely.I was going to make a complaint to the local csc but the speed jumped back to normal the next day.Maybe some temp glitches in the network ?

Back