BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there , need help with recharge!!

I recently purchased BSNL EVDO in Jharkhand Ranchi , still in JH. But I can't do online recharge as my no. is 651-29XXXXX , as you can see 651 is std code. Every other recharge portal says no. is not valid or rechage is failed. My no. is active as I used it for a month. Please help. Thank you.

@TheEVDOUser.....first tell me which plan are you in? I purchased EVDO in dhanbad in feb but they gave me mobile number like 9810xxxxxx. Anyway, this should work for either numbers....if you are in 750 unlimited plan then just go to the local shop and ask them to recharge(TOPUP) with around 850 bucks coz bsnl charges service charge too. The plan will activate itself. Note: You just need 750 in your account for the plan to activate itself. If you are in 825 unlimited plan then ask the local shop to recharge(NOT TOPUP) with 825. I have 3 numbers in family and this is what I do.

@TheEVDOUser.....first tell me which plan are you in? I purchased EVDO in dhanbad in feb but they gave me mobile number like 9810xxxxxx. Anyway, this should work for either numbers....if you are in 750 unlimited plan then just go to the local shop and ask them to recharge(TOPUP) with around 850 bucks coz bsnl charges service charge too. The plan will activate itself. Note: You just need 750 in your account for the plan to activate itself. If you are in 825 unlimited plan then ask the local shop to recharge(NOT TOPUP) with 825. I have 3 numbers in family and this is what I do.

Yes my plan is general plan - 825 unlimited , I tried doing a local recharge with rs 20 just to make sure but recharge failed. I've the ZTE-AC8700 model the one which does not require sim. I'm not sure how to do the local recharge , however the guys are BSNL Office are able to recharge , I'm paying them a visit tomorrow to get more info.

Can anyone tell me how the speeds can vary according to signal. Even if I get 60-70 KBps that would be more than enough for me.

You need to visit your local bsnl exchange to know where the actual evdo tower is and check if you will be able to get any evdo signal or not..

What is the minimum recommended distance from tower and signal strength which is required to get good speeds.[DOUBLEPOST=1379060684][/DOUBLEPOST]Is anyone here from Raipur Chhattisgarh who can share experiences about bsnl evdo.

Last edited:
I recharged my bsnl evdo by 850 rs via paytm but didnt received balance on evdo and amount has debited. Now what should I do to get my amount back. Please reply as soon as possible.

I recharged my bsnl evdo by 850 rs via paytm but didnt received balance on evdo and amount has debited. Now what should I do to get my amount back. Please reply as soon as possible.
have you Checkd your paytm case balance from 'my account'? and AFAIK 1month UL plan is @ 825/- not 850 o_O

hello friends,,..
im new to this community. i just purchased micromax mmx 300c unlocked modem from ebay.in and then got a new cdma sim from bsnl office whose number is like 91961XXXXX, since im going to use bsnl evdo service for first time i know nothing about it and looking for help by you guys.
i dont know how to
Configurate connection profile for evdo service.
here are some fields under this modem,
profile name:
user name:
password:
phone number:
apn:
domain?
security(none,pap,chap)?
csd?
dsn?
ppp?
tcp/ip?

i would also like to tell that this is a normal cdma sim purchased from bsnl office for 60rs, 40rs sim cost and 20rs for 60 month validity.
also once i was trying to recharge with rs55, 1 day unlimited evdo data for testing purpose, but it was failed all the time i tried 4 or 5 retailers but no luck
i also called 1502 but they know nothing, helpless.
so for i was using to sim in a normal cdma phone for calling purpose and made two recharges of rs50 for talk time and rs45 for call tariff as i was waiting for modem to be delivered.
im from kanpur up(east)
please reply and help..thanks

Last edited:
maybe because no one knows the answer :confused: acc. To bsnl. Evdo sim costs rs300 (or was it 399 ?)and they will provide you username and password with start up kit when you purchase an evdo sim.
You dont have to enter any APN afaik and i keep PAP/CHAP to 'default'.

About this cdma issue Try contacting nearest bsnl exchange and tell them your prob, or ask them to activate evdo service in your cdma sim. Those bsnl guys are lazy bums so Contact P.R.O. in case no one is listening to you.

Yup, when I purchased that sim, evdo was my only objective behind it.
I even told them that I have my own modem and want only a sim to use evdo services on that modem...they told me to complete formalities after that they provided me a Cdma sim as told you in my first post...
Are u sure im not able to use evdo via this sim???

are you having the username & password..? Only username/password is required to use bsnl cdma evdo. micromax mmx 300c has inbuilt profile of bsnl. Just put in UN/PW, and start accessing it.. I myself am using bsnl cdma evdo with mmx 300c, but with Maharashtra Circle SIM, so, cannot comment on UN/PW issue.

am from Lucknow, btw..

are you having the username & password..? Only username/password is required to use bsnl cdma evdo. micromax mmx 300c has inbuilt profile of bsnl. Just put in UN/PW, and start accessing it.. I myself am using bsnl cdma evdo with mmx 300c, but with Maharashtra Circle SIM, so, cannot comment on UN/PW issue.

am from Lucknow, btw..

So you are using same modem that's good for me....how you will rate this modem?
What about speed, network with this modem...
Is there anything bad in this modem?

I'm also from UP(E) . Can i share username and password with him? Or its a personal account with unique username and password for each customer??

not sure.. but what I heard is, username/ped is not generic in UP circle.. it varies from SIM to SIM

I don't think username and password may be same for two different connections but still im not sure, well bro u just told that you are from up east too, please do some r&d and googling and solve our issue....

So you are using same modem that's good for me....how you will rate this modem?
What about speed, network with this modem... Is there anything bad in this modem?
I'm not using MMX 300c with BSNL CDMA. Am using it with Reliance CDMA (Rs. 94 - 2 GB / month pack), as its unlocked and supports all operators' RUIMs.
I have Teracom T-U500 which is locked to BSNL, and i use it with my Maharashtra Circle's BSNL EVDO RUIM.

Best is to contact BSNL for userid / password. I have some idea of username and password of UP Circle, but do not have UP-East Connection to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back