BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pmzen39 The Huawei modem doesn't work in EVDO mode on BSNL. Get one of those I mentioned earlier. I faced the 1GB disconnection issue too for sometime. I don't remember why it stopped happening. I think it was the incredible software itself. NEVER open that software unless checking for signal or making calls. Use the dialer, you might not face the 1GB disconnection issue. Also, open the properties of the dialer and check the 'redial on disconnection tab'. So, that even if it disconnected for some reason it will automatically reconnects and the download will resume.

@pmzen39 The Huawei modem doesn't work in EVDO mode on BSNL. Get one of those I mentioned earlier. I faced the 1GB disconnection issue too for sometime. I don't remember why it stopped happening. I think it was the incredible software itself. NEVER open that software unless checking for signal or making calls. Use the dialer, you might not face the 1GB disconnection issue. Also, open the properties of the dialer and check the 'redial on disconnection tab'. So, that even if it disconnected for some reason it will automatically reconnects and the download will resume.
I use the default MTS dialer on the ZTE AC2766. Since I have selected Auto-Reconnect, it dials the connection again after getting disconnected.
The 1GB limit has been implemented by BSNL. No way to get past it.

@geek0killer : Thanx for reply. I have tried the dialer but it disconnects automatically after 1GB. As @hotshot05 mentioned, I believe its a special feature from BSNL.
I had 1 more query, If I want to use unlocked ZTE AC2766 modem then do I need to get the ESN registered or its going to work w/o registration. The BSNL guys in my area are either clueless about these things or pretend to be clueless so that they don't need to take the pain.

Regarding the HUAWEI modem, I have talked to some guys on a similar forum and they told me that its possible to use the HUAWEI modem too after MEID and ESN registration.

@pmzen39 ppl have tried to work with other similar modems in gsmforum but been unsuccessful, anyway try your luck.
ZTE ac 2766 is a ruim model, it requires sim card. No registration needed.
The 1gb thing disappeared on it's own in my case. So try with the dialer for sometime and see for yourself then complain to the bsnl office.

I think @hotshot05 is right. 1 GB limit is implemented by BSNL. I use both the modems Seria and Pritvi, the result is same. That's why i could't download games from Playstore which are more than 1 GB.

@geek0killer : I tried the dialer but its not connecting with the dialer. I think its because I'm using win 8.1.

Let me get in touch with BSNL guys and see what they have to say about the 1GB thing.

@pmzen39 have you entered the username and password in the 'dialer' and saved it? If it doesn't ask for username and password then right-click on the dialer and goto the properties and on the 'options' tab select 'ask for name and password'. Now, when you click on the connect button it will ask for username and password. Enter the details and save it. You can now disable the 'ask for username and password' in properties tab for 'one click connection'.

guys help i am getting no service message since today morning ...what happened ?

A2KWdSt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back