BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is what i wanted and had seen it , my link is specific to WB circle[DOUBLEPOST=1402837248][/DOUBLEPOST]Any option to dial 1800 series tool free number from BSNL CDMA , i can never get them to dial[DOUBLEPOST=1402838252][/DOUBLEPOST]Recharged failed on Paytm , mobile , special recharge of 101 STV . Need to visit BSNL office now

Last edited:
Yes this is what i wanted and had seen it , my link is specific to WB circle[DOUBLEPOST=1402837248][/DOUBLEPOST]Any option to dial 1800 series tool free number from BSNL CDMA , i can never get them to dial

Yes i can dial toll free no. I had tried to connect SBI helpline from pritvi modem and it works.
What did u get when u dial? busy line or something else?

paytm didnt work out for me . tried 8/9 times . finally did it with easymobilerecharge.com . This site has never failed me .[DOUBLEPOST=1403836089][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a query about STV on EVDO prepaid . If I recharge STV825 that is for unlimited & if i have balance then will that STV auto activate for next month or have to do activate again by STV topup
Secondly if it auto activates then will lower STV for 7/15 days Unlimited also auto activate if i have balance .
I know i can test it myself but dont want to waste money in STV which i don't require . If any one has done it or know it please post and confirm[DOUBLEPOST=1403874462][/DOUBLEPOST]Bought few connectors for connecting to antenna, pigtail and modem from this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-coaxial-connector-adapter-TNC-female-to-FME-female-/271233605197?
Cheap and received it in 15 days . If any one else want to try

It is confirmed that on BSNL CDMA 40 bucks RUIM , EVDO cannot be activated . Please dont buy this 40 bucks RUIM if you want to try EVDO .

Last edited by a moderator:
paytm didnt work out for me . tried 8/9 times . finally did it with easymobilerecharge.com . This site has never failed me .

Oh, i also tried to recharge my number but i couldn't,it happened quite some times, i thought its BSNL problem, will try to easymobile now.

It is confirmed that on BSNL CDMA 40 bucks RUIM , EVDO cannot be activated . Please dont buy this 40 bucks RUIM if you want to try EVDO .

About 40 bucks RUIM, don't know about others but i am using it at the moment. When i bought it they gave me UID and Password as well.

@hotshot05 Does your number start with 9? I mean regular mobile number format? Coz I have the older format number starting with 135, when tried on paytm and it says invalid number.

My wired broadband was not working for 20 days thanks to incompetent local cable walah...so i was forced to take risk with evdo...i was told in the bsnl exchange that i shouldnt set foot in the exchange if i get no signal or low speed...no refund either...they told me they cant even give me a demo to see if the signal is even available in my area...they told me it wont work as i live very far away from the tower...i was instead pressured to take 3G...i didnt budge took the connection anyway in spite of the fact that the tower was 3+ kms from my house with lots of obstruction in between...it was a gamble and this is what i saw when i plugged in the prithvi dongle :

ehLHvDG.png

At night, my speed seems to be restricted to 200kBps. It doesn't go beyond that. I am using extension cable. Placed modem at place where I can fetch max. speed. Network strength is full.
Is this because of the extension cable I am using?
Modem is zte ac2766.

Hi all,
I bought a bsnl evdo modem (teracom T-U500).
its the worst modem available with bsnl.(worst connectivity, frequent disconnections, etc...)
I just wanted to know that is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Hi all,
I bought a bsnl evdo modem (teracom T-U500).
its the worst modem available with bsnl.(worst connectivity, frequent disconnections, etc...)
I just wanted to know that is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Yes, unfortunately I am using the same modem, it gets very hot so I always use a usb cable with it(so it doesn't melt my laptop's port). Speed varies upto 100 kBps in just few inches. The software is worst I have ever seen. Takes too much time to get started, every time you start the software you have to manually select 'EVDO ONLY' or it goes back to 'Hybrid mode'. Takes too much resources, based on .net so if you have .net software development packages installed on your system then the modem's software won't work. There is another version of the software available on Teracom's website which will allow you to make calls, but is equally buggy. So, I never use the software unless have to make a call, use the dialer instead to connect for data.

Or, buy ZTE AC2766 or Sierra modems instead.

EDIT: Almost forgot until faced the issue today, if the network stops working for a while then the modem hangs. If you disconnect and try to open the software to conform signal, the system will hang. No option rather than rebooting.

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately I am using the same modem, it gets very hot so I always use a usb cable with it(so it doesn't melt my laptop's port). Speed varies upto 100 kBps in just few inches. The software is worst I have ever seen. Takes too much time to get started, every time you start the software you have to manually select 'EVDO ONLY' or it goes back to 'Hybrid mode'. Takes too much resources, based on .net so if you have .net software development packages installed on your system then the modem's software won't work. There is another version of the software available on Teracom's website which will allow you to make calls, but is equally buggy. So, I never use the software unless have to make a call, use the dialer instead to connect for data.

Or, buy ZTE AC2766 or Sierra modems instead.

EDIT: Almost forgot until faced the issue today, if the network stops working for a while then the modem hangs. If you disconnect and try to open the software to conform signal, the system will hang. No option rather than rebooting.

Hey geek0killer
I forgot one more thing. my modem ALWAYS ..... yes ALWAYS disconnects after usage of 1GB which while downloading roughly comes around 3-4 hours as I never get a speed beyond 60kBps

I already have a HUAWEI EC122 modem which I have unlocked that works fine in 1x mode but in EVDO mode it does not work.
I tried talking with BSNL guys at the exchange regarding ESN registration but they ate totally clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back