Budget earphone with mic for under 600rs and 1000rs.

After listening to these realme buds for a few hours including watching anime, i realised why these buds sound weird. In normal earphones, the soundstage is such you hear the vocals, mids and high in front in your head and the bass behind the mids and highs. Here it is opposite. Its like the bass is in front and you hear it first and the vocals, mids and high are somewhere a half foot behind your head while listening. It feels like people are talking from far off behind me instead of in my head.

I got the Mi Basic delivered just a while ago.
On the front of the box is written "Ultra-deep bass" but I disagree. It has bass but definitely not "ultra deep" as they claimed.
I'm currently still listening to different music and so far I'm liking it more than the more expensive Realme Buds 2. I feel that the price of 399rs is decent. 300-350rs will definitely be a must buy for anyone looking for a temporary earphone. Also the fact that it has a mic is a bonus.
Other minor complaints:
1. There is no warranty information anywhere on the box. The website says 6 months warranty. 1 year should be good.
2. "Made in India" doubt!
3. The misleading "Ultra deep bass" claims.
4. There is a small tag on the cable with a QR code in it and one number (SN?). Apparently warranty will be void if something happens to it or it goes missing. Unless you take proper care of it the number will slowly but surely fade away.
I will use it for a few days more and if I plan to keep the earphone I will tape it. But I don't know if this will void the warranty. o_O

If budget can be increased to 700rs and one does not need the mic the Sennheiser CX 180 would be the best earphone. It also comes with a 2 years warranty.

Btw renewed Sennheiser cx 275s are always available on 2gud for 1000. I have been using them for 1.5 years without any problem. They are very good for that price and provide a good seal. I mostly use them for podcasts but they are good for casual listening as well.

Get the MI Dual driver Rs. 799.
Or the Rs. 699 one or even the 449 model. All are good for the price.
Can you share your experience with dual driver? Is it a very heavy on the ears as mentioned in your post.
I currently use Sony earphones and they are low in volume but also flat even if used with equaliser. But when I used it with inbuilt Mi software and equaliser on the phone, the quality improved dramatically. This tempted me to look for ones which are high on bass.
I really miss my Creative EP-630 ones. For me, nothing came close to it,

Can you share your experience with dual driver? Is it a very heavy on the ears as mentioned in your post.
I currently use Sony earphones and they are low in volume but also flat even if used with equaliser. But when I used it with inbuilt Mi software and equaliser on the phone, the quality improved dramatically. This tempted me to look for ones which are high on bass.
It's very good but since it's dual driver it seems a bit big in the ear and may cause pain. It does happen with me but I got small ears.

Last edited:
Btw renewed Sennheiser cx 275s are always available on 2gud for 1000. I have been using them for 1.5 years without any problem. They are very good for that price and provide a good seal. I mostly use them for podcasts but they are good for casual listening as well.
I had that one as well but the rubber insulation tore and Sennheiser said it was not covered under warranty. How was it when you bought it? I kind of worry about the condition.
Anyone remember the Soundmagic PL11?

Got the dual drivers today.. it's amazing the quality offered for the price.
If you are a basshead like me, you will love it.
Even vocals, mids sound good enough..
Hint: To get max from your drivers, preferably use a good equaliser like those in Redmi devices and select Mi-in ear as earphone feedback. It really blows you.
Btw, output is equally decent on Standard headphone preset.
Thanks @Rockfella for suggesting these.
P.S.. my feedback is purely based on using Poco X3 as device and above mentioned settings.

Got the dual drivers today.. it's amazing the quality offered for the price.
If you are a basshead like me, you will love it.
Even vocals, mids sound good enough..
Hint: To get max from your drivers, preferably use a good equaliser like those in Redmi devices and select Mi-in ear as earphone feedback. It really blows you.
Btw, output is equally decent on Standard headphone preset.
Thanks @Rockfella for suggesting these.
P.S.. my feedback is purely based on using Poco X3 as device and above mentioned settings.
Glad you liked it . Almost everything that Xiaomi offers at their price is unbeatable. They just don't know how to advertise well and face that typical "Chinese brand" stigma.
PS: If you liked the dual drivers on the Poco x3 so much try BLON 03 + FiiO M5 + FLAC files. You will dance on your bed/floor/terrace/anywhere.

Last edited:
I will definitely recommend Sennheiser ones but their cable quality is not that good. Won't last a year with rough use.

How's the quality of the Blond 03 cable? The twisted cable doesn't look so sturdy.
It works fine. Just looks thin. Internet is full of negative reviews about it but it is not a big deal. BLON 03 has a very rare type of cable connector.

Please don't waste your money on Sennheiser CX series IEMs, they don't even last 3-4 months, my wife bought at least 10 pairs of them in various airports...all of them died ( one side)...I threw away at least 15-20 pairs of similar IEMs recently..one could buy a very decent pair of IEM with MMCX connector with the wasted money.
I've given her a T2 this time with a really thick custom cable, she's very careless with gadgets, but it's still alive.

Maybe I was lucky then. I must have bought at least 2-3. First one I had was stolen. Second one I used for over a year. The other one I gifted a friend.

Back