Budget tablet to read pdf and ebooks

Guys lets just help OP and many others in same boat make an informed decision. Doesn't matter if it is android tablet or iPad. It is good that OP has previously used iPad so at least he won't go blind if he decides to go with it. In android, please only suggest respectable tablets as I know in US, on black friday, many of my Indian colleagues would buy that super useless RCA 7inch tablets that walmart would sell for $29 and claim they got new "tablet". Honestly, those tablets are so bad, even if you got it for free, you would not want to use.

I am not sure of Samsung ones but their 15-17K range A7 (I guess) have good specs and I was myself considering buying during Diwali sale or so when the price was coming to almost 13.9K i think using various coupons and such. But since I already have an android tablet at home, felt it would be just redundant to get another Android and since start of this year, I was already planning to get iPad in end of year expecting bump in specs + screen size (which didn't happen). Anyways with a deal I got in US and opportunity in form of friend travelling to India, I got it.

Guys lets just help OP and many others in same boat make an informed decision. Doesn't matter if it is android tablet or iPad. It is good that OP has previously used iPad so at least he won't go blind if he decides to go with it. In android, please only suggest respectable tablets as I know in US, on black friday, many of my Indian colleagues would buy that super useless RCA 7inch tablets that walmart would sell for $29 and claim they got new "tablet". Honestly, those tablets are so bad, even if you got it for free, you would not want to use.

I am not sure of Samsung ones but their 15-17K range A7 (I guess) have good specs and I was myself considering buying during Diwali sale or so when the price was coming to almost 13.9K i think using various coupons and such. But since I already have an android tablet at home, felt it would be just redundant to get another Android and since start of this year, I was already planning to get iPad in end of year expecting bump in specs + screen size (which didn't happen). Anyways with a deal I got in US and opportunity in form of friend travelling to India, I got it.
Samsung A7 is a lovely tab.
15999 was on Amazon with a 1000 rs coupon.

@hgps

Please contact @Ra.hul as he has a sealed pack Amazon Fire HD 10 in US and he can deliver it to you in India. I feel it would serve you great. Just that you will need case for it so I suggest buy that too via him or you order to his US address and get it both here.
Because you wont find Its case in India mostly.

As far as I know, he is selling it at his buying price which is $80 plus local taxes. Of course to get it to India, he will charge fees.
I believe this will be a good deal indeed.
Will tick practically all boxes for the OP.
Kudos to you @raksrules for the suggestion as well as the solution.

@hgps

Also if you don't want to buy case for Fire hd 10 from US, you do get generic 10 inch tablet cases on amazon India and such. Your call.
I will suggest case buying from US as I know @Ra.hul can open the tablet packet and put the case on tablet and again put the tablet in its box (the box is more like a lays pouch honestly, just vertically long).

Here is one simple case I recommend as I have same case. Slim in profile and also gets your tablet to stand horizontally in slight slant position for watching videos.

Also if you decide to buy the Fire HD 10 from rahul and want the case above listed, I can order for you as I have prime on US account until 5th Jan and since case is $12, for non prime members, amazon will charge shipping, or ask Rahul as he will be having prime mostly.

I guess Fire HD 10 + Case + shipping to India will be in your predefined budget.

And just FYI, amazon fire tablets DO NOT come with google play store and has ads on lockscreen. All this can be fixed once and for all with a tool you can download from XDA so don't worry and go with Fire HD 10. It will serve you great.

As of now, there are lots of Lenovo and Samsung tablets that are close to 10k and can serve your purpose. You can go for Lenovo Tab M8 (2nd Gen) that has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM with a size of 8 inch. This is pretty good for the normal uses you wrote. Other than this, you can also go for Lenovo Tab E8 Tablet which has a size of 8-inch with 2GB RAM and ROM of 16GB. It works on Wi-Fi Only so you cannot inset a SIM card.
Besides, Lenovo A7 also went to be quite popular in the past with its amazing storage and huge battery.
The point is, these tablets are meant only for the reading purposes and you cannot use them to play games etc. Personally, I am using a Lenovo Chromebook Duet which is much more expensive, but its Mediatek processor offers a good performance and it turns to be a laptop when I want it. Even the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM is available under 10k in India and this is also a good option. Just make sure the kind of uses you want because such budget tablets may not offer good assistance when you try to put heavy games in them,

I guess for reading PDFs and magazines, a 10 Incher will serve OP well compared to 8 inch.

Keeping it short. I need a tablet just to study some books in pdf format, make notes etc. For it i believe 10 inch is the ideal size. Maybe watch youtube in 720p one a while.
Budget: as low as possible, 7-8k or 10k MAX.

camera doesn't matter, SIM support also doesn't matter (will be great to have though)
a quick google search told me that entry level tablet market is all but dead now with very few options and that are also having ancient specs of 1 or 2GB RAM.

Need something that wouldn't struggle to render pdfs (plain text mostly)

I had previously used ipad mini with its 8 inch display so cannot use anything less than 8 inch now.
Hey, I have a recommendation which might just work out for you - Lenovo Chromebook Duet. You get it in India at INR 27,999 and in the US at $279.
According to your requirements, I think the following specs might interest you:
  • 10.1-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display (1920 x 1200 resolution)
  • 128GB storage + 4GB RAM
  • One USB-C port
  • The performance is decent with 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P60T processor in place
  • 8-megapixel rear camera & a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Chromebook has built-in PDF viewer that allows annotation, though if you accidentally close the PDF, all the annotations will be gone. Hence, do make sure to manually save the progress occasionally (which is done automatically in SP + Drawboard).
Here are some aspects that I really love about it:
  • Lightweight and portable: weighs 920g (450 grams without the keyboard)
  • Long battery life: 7,000mAh (27Wh) battery which lasts for up to 10 hours
  • Huge library of available software: Chrome Browser, Google Play Store, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Play Movies, Google Keep, Chrome Canvas, Google Play Music, Files, Calculator, and Evernotes etc.
Let me know if this helps.

Hey, I have a recommendation which might just work out for you - Lenovo Chromebook Duet. You get it in India at INR 27,999 and in the US at $279.
According to your requirements, I think the following specs might interest you:
  • 10.1-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display (1920 x 1200 resolution)
  • 128GB storage + 4GB RAM
  • One USB-C port
  • The performance is decent with 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P60T processor in place
  • 8-megapixel rear camera & a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Chromebook has built-in PDF viewer that allows annotation, though if you accidentally close the PDF, all the annotations will be gone. Hence, do make sure to manually save the progress occasionally (which is done automatically in SP + Drawboard).
Here are some aspects that I really love about it:
  • Lightweight and portable: weighs 920g (450 grams without the keyboard)
  • Long battery life: 7,000mAh (27Wh) battery which lasts for up to 10 hours
  • Huge library of available software: Chrome Browser, Google Play Store, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Play Movies, Google Keep, Chrome Canvas, Google Play Music, Files, Calculator, and Evernotes etc.
Let me know if this helps.
Well mate his budget is at most 10k

Bumping my original thread as I need a new tab with same requirements as my original post made 2.5 years ago.
I had bought a kindle fire HD 10 which was excellent pdf reader. However its battery started to act weired lately and display got broken during my house shifting this month.
Failing to find replacement battery and screen. I'm in market for a new tab. Budhet is 15k max.

Bumping my original thread as I need a new tab with same requirements as my original post made 2.5 years ago.
I had bought a kindle fire HD 10 which was excellent pdf reader. However its battery started to act weired lately and display got broken during my house shifting this month.
Failing to find replacement battery and screen. I'm in market for a new tab. Budhet is 15k max.
How is kindle for pdf reading?
I see them going on sale for 3 to 5k here.

Back