OC & Modding Build Log : The ++Shad0wKnight++

Good going mate !! Gonna keep my eyes on this build !!
Thanks, mate. I'm almost done.

So are you upgrading the GPU or going to use the old one ? Yeah,Asus went too bold with the RED - BLACK MARRIAGE . All Black would have made it damn sexy . Just upload the side profile with and without the sidepanel.
Nope, no upgrading the GPU yet. Will wait for the 8xx ones to drop!

#Update 4

Wow, what a morning this has been. Setup the SSDs and HDDs, GPU and in all that excitement, pressed the power button! And BOOM.... Nope, no boot. Err... so after checking around, reading forums, etc... (spent 1 hour doing this), turns out, the problem was: the 24-pin connector had gotten loose. Err. Fixed that up, and it was boot time.

Had no issues booting into OS X using the same installation. Only needed to update the SSDT for the new CPU, new ALC Audio Kext and I'm on my merry way.

Pending:
1. The Corsair SP 120 and AF 140 fans have shipped and are currently in NYC. (Expecting these next week)
2. I cancelled my order for the OKGear Sleeving Kit earlier this morning. Wait for it..... and ordered the MDPC Easter Edition ones instead! \o/ (more sleeving in terms of meters, better quality and cheaper, yeah!)
3. Well, nothing else!

VANITY SHOTS!

m_DSC1622.jpg

m_DSC1623.jpg

m_DSC1627.jpg

m_DSC1626.jpg

m_DSC1631.jpg

As you can see, getting a shot with the cover on is super difficult at the moment given I have only 1 flash with me. Once I get my other one back, I should be able to take a better shot. Perhaps even a quick video.

And.... The faint hearted, close this window now. What you're about to see, may or may not cause permanent brain damage. I take no responsibility.
m_DSC1636.jpg

What is he thinking? Blue lights in a Black-Red case he spent so much money on!!!???

Well, I only had blue LEDs with me right now. But tomorrow being Saturday, I'll be going to the market and getting some red ones. I'm guessing these are the 5V ones? Correct me if I am wrong please. And those are just 4 bulbs. Sadly, not too good an effect. I'll get about a dozen tomorrow and light it all up like it's Diwali/Christmas.

That's it for now. As the other parts roll in, I'll update this thread. Cheers![DOUBLEPOST=1406884843][/DOUBLEPOST]
shaping up to be a really good build, will keep an eye on this thread :)
Btw, the board does have a thermal sensor, see if you can use that as well.
Guess what, I don't need the temperature display after all. The MoBo has two such sensors on board and both show up under HWMonitor on OS X. Still have to test under Windows, but I'm sure it'll work just as fine!

Last edited:
@Fenix: Should look "snazzier" when I get the WC loops. [emoji6] but don't wait for it. Haha. It'll probably happen in 2015.

Update #5
My MDPC Easter Edition sleeves have been shipped! Super excited to get these. If I end up with extras, I might resell some to the community members here. But don't PM me yet. I'll create an appropriate thread.

Last edited:
How much was the damages for these cable ?
Cables? I'm guessing you're referring to the sleeving. 3.6K with shipping. The OKGear ones I had previously ordered amounted to the same but lesser material, and off course, no match for MDPC's quality.

Update #6

The Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound just came in! But they are just going to sit around till the fans come in. Patience. Hmm...

Quick phone shots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406963455.162854.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406963474.929638.jpg

@dez. Are you using any cable sleeving? I'm finding hard to make out. Those look like the flat cables that come with RM 750.

9 euro sounds sweet. Which store did you order from?

@dez. Are you using any cable sleeving? I'm finding hard to make out. Those look like the flat cables that come with RM 750.

9 euro sounds sweet. Which store did you order from?

Yep, flat cables at the moment which are incredibly hard to turn. Can't wait to individually sleeve them all! Have ordered the sleeving from MDPC (the site itself, cheapest shipping, Mils' is a cool guy!).

In the mean time, got something else done. TEASER:

shad0wKnight-LED.jpeg

You are going to sleeve all the cables ? Fans - SATA - Power ofcourse . Red will look good.
Yep! I should have enough sleeving for it all. Plus, Mils includes separate sleeves for Fan, SATA, SATA 3 and PSU Cables. Most will be black, but for the 24-pin and 8-pin MoBo connectors, I'll be doing an alternate Red and Black sleeving. And if enough remains, then the PSU ones as well.

#Update 7

So like I said yesterday, Saturday is market day for me. (Yes, it does sound funny :smile::tearsofjoy:). I went out searching for loosely sold 5v LED bulbs, in Red! Guess what, those are rare things! Like, really rare, apparently, which is weird. So, I continued my search and I ran into these lil' bad boys!

m_DSC1637.jpg

I asked the vendor for a 1m sample (which costs about ₹ 80/m), and told him I'd get him more business if this works out with me client. He agreed for a deal. Now guess what, these come in two sizes. The one above is the big size, and a smaller one (not so small), which sells for about ₹40/m. Not too bad. But, wait for it... These are similar to the ones Noctua(/NZXT?) sell, but a lot cheaper and they come in 5m bundles. Well what do ya know!

So I cut these up into various sizes:
- 1 at the bottom, next to the PSU (bottom-up)
- 1 at the top, next to the Radiator (top-bottom)
- 1 2 unit bit along the 5.25" drive cage. (towards the RAM DIMMs)

Tip: for those doing this for the first time, always remember, "Measure twice, cut once". I can't stress on that enough.

Then, I soldered the wires in. (which already had a black plastic sleeve on them, so they become almost invisible, even when the lights are on by directing the light away from them). The wires from the top strip connect into the drive cage strip (bottom connectors) and then the top connectors move behind the cage, meet the wires from the bottom one, and finally into a molex connector.

Well, enough of the talk. "Where's ma vanity shots at bruh!", you ask? Well, here you go bruh!

m_DSC1638.jpg

m_DSC1639.jpg

m_DSC1640.jpg

m_DSC1642.jpg

m_DSC1643.jpg

AND THE WINNER FROM TODAY'S SHOOT (also my favorite so far):

m_DSC1644.jpg

Now now! Don't be hasty. As you can see, the cables are just hanging out, and that SupremeFX lighting looks pretty darn sexy!
About the cables: I'm waiting to sleeve 'em up before I sort them out properly.

Any tips? Suggestions? Coffee or Beer? :grin:

The only reason i hate sleeving is the time it takes. I tried it once and gave up as got monotonous. Eager to see how your cabling turns up after sleeving. Red and Black looks nice.

The only reason i hate sleeving is the time it takes. I tried it once and gave up as got monotonous. Eager to see how your cabling turns up after sleeving. Red and Black looks nice.
Haha, I hear ya! Perhaps I could start a custom sleeving service in India [emoji6]

Yeah, i remember that after watching MDPC builds was filled with enthusiasm . So started with the 24 pin connector and that too independent sleeving . And then realized it will involve too much of hardwork so gave up. :p

Yeah, i remember that after watching MDPC builds was filled with enthusiasm . So started with the 24 pin connector and that too independent sleeving . And then realized it will involve too much of hardwork so gave up. :p
Once I'm done with mine, you can check 'em out and send me yours if you're interested. I'll charge a fee though apart from shipping it back [emoji6][emoji13]

Great job. Like where this is going, especially the cable management. You might want to completely hide those led strips though, they get annoying over time. Also, if possible throw in a switch so you can put them on/off whenever you feel like it.

Back