buying mobile E-72, Legend And Galaxy S : Advise needed

spirit

Disciple
Hi Friends,
I am planning to buy a mobile this June only:: after reading lots of user discussions, I have shortlisted on the following::

My basic needs::
Lots of sms so keypad/ touch key pad must be pretty good
Strong Battery Life: as my daily telephonic time is around 2-3 hours
Wi-Fi
Music not as primary requirement : AS I most of the time use my Ipod-Touch
(1) Nokia E72:: Qwerty keypad is awesome. Good for mails etc overall a sturdy phone. Initially I also thought of Blackberry Bold 9700( nor that i am business user but just for the sheer attraction towards blackberry but reviews told me to go for nokia e72)

(2) HTC Legend:: Andrioid 2.1, Awesome touch expereince as heard by users. But on the cons side, price is on the higher side.
(3) Samsung Galaxy S:: Not launched till now prolly will be launched in june itself. Processing wise, touch screen wise beat all htc desire,nexus one etc. any specific input on this will also be welcomed.

So my basic question is which one to take. Many of my friends who are using E-72 have recommended it over HTC legend saying that over a long period physical keyboard will always perform better than a virtual keyboard.
MY budget is hovering around 17-23k. Samsung Galaxy S will be around 28 k( but is it worth buying) so dont know whether i can stretch that much or not.

Moreover advises from members who are using either of these three(or two precisely) will be really helpful.

ALso regarding Legend ::: Should one wait for launch of Desire for an expected fall of HTC legend price or it will not affect the prices.

Specially I will love to know the experiences of Nokia E-72.

Presently I am sung Nokia N95 8 gb and Nokia 5800. (AS Nokia 5800 is resistive touch and may be this is the reason that somehow it has made be touch phone aversive :) )

Thanks in advance.

spirit said:
is it same like the laptop trackpad or somewhat different in use?
Well yeah it is kind of like that but it feels like a miniaturized version of that, basically its only functionality is scrolling.

The scrolling is not a problem, that works fine but the track-pad is like a crater with the normal D-Pad around it which restricts the amount you can scroll, so you have repeat flicking your thumb over and over again just make it scroll down a page.

Watch this, you ll get a better idea YouTube - Nokia E72 Optical Trackpad: Review on The Optical Dpad From The Nokia E72

You can notice the repeated movements the guy does to jump down menu's.

Basically the new Blackberries (8520 and 9700) = excelletn use of a trackpad, and the Nokia E72 = horrible use of a trackpad. The e72's trackpad is a joke as when yu scroll each flick only takes you one icon across.

just curious, why are we even discussing about a dumb phone when the budet is close to 25k?

@OP, if you are that much interested in E72 like design, go and get E71. Its better built and has no bugs.

One more info needed. What should be the price of Nokia N8. In Today's newspaper it was given that's it will be 21,800(excluding taxes and subsidies). So can we get a approx price for it? And what's the pros of it's OS? Can it compete with the android phones? Or is it more or less relying on it's 12 mp camera capabilities?

Nope, it ll probably be around the 25K mark.

Nokia phones rarely come out beyond the 30K mark, even if they do, the prices drops down to 25K within a month.

N8's hardware looks simply stunning, its the Symbian 3 which will make or break this phone because I don't think there is enough room in the market for Nokia to come up with another silly S60 phone and call it "flagship" and hope it will compete with the likes of the Droid's or the iPhone.

an important suggestion. Unless you are a developer, do NOT jump onto a new smartphone OS platform unless it is made sure that the UI is bug-free. first gen Iphone OS, android, S60v5 are all examples for this.

I too have taken his and your advise and final phone will be from Samsung B7610,Nokia E72 and HTC Legend

Neo Anderson said:
My last post was 6 days back and I am still loving my B7610 :D

Yeah like desiibond said, you cant compare N97 with B7610. Believe me it is miles better than N97.

Btw any idea about Sony Vivaz PRO pros and cons

Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro review: HD gets a Pro flavor - GSMArena.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

desiibond said:
an important suggestion. Unless you are a developer, do NOT jump onto a new smartphone OS platform unless it is made sure that the UI is bug-free. first gen Iphone OS, android, S60v5 are all examples for this.
Hmm :) I am not a developer. Will it be a problem with android too?

spirit said:
I too have taken his and your advise and final phone will be from Samsung B7610,Nokia E72 and HTC Legend

Btw any idea about Sony Vivaz PRO pros and cons

Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro review: HD gets a Pro flavor - GSMArena.com

Hmm :) I am not a developer. Will it be a problem with android too?
Android is a well set platform now, so is iphone OS. You need to be a bit careful if you want to get first gen windows phone 7 or symbian 3 devices.

PS: why are you after symbian S60 devices? just curious. :)

desiibond said:
PS: why are you after symbian S60 devices? just curious. :)

:) As such i am not after Symbian S60 devices. The situations are such that some of the phones which are in my radar are happen to be S60. I would have no problem if vivaz pro and E72 were based on some other OS :).

Btw waiting for your comments on Vivaz pro :) .

Can anyone let me know the current price of Samsung B7610

Btw I was checking the app store of Windows Mobile and was not able to find many free apps. Do they have as free apps as Android ( like new swype and all ) ?

Specially from Win 6.1 point of view( as B7610 is coming with Win 6.1)

spirit said:
Btw I was checking the app store of Windows Mobile and was not able to find many free apps. Do they have as free apps as Android ( like new swype and all ) ?

Specially from Win 6.1 point of view( as B7610 is coming with Win 6.1)
WinMo doesnt have a comprehensive Marketplace as Android does. Its very diverse and you'd find apps every inch on the internet. If you head over to xdadevs, you'd notice that every other member of the community comes up with this fantastic new homemade app. They are not just listed and organised at a single place but there are millions out there.

Back