Buying the Kindle.

the kindle prices are including duties .

Also i have bought a few items with them , the bad part was they took a large time to deliver (around 25 days for one item), but kindle should do fine since it is shipped directly by amazon , expect delivery in max 8-10 days

Thanks for the info guys.

^^ I'm surprised that the Kindle is shipped directly from Amazon. What is the role of SYW in the transaction, their price certainly seems lower than Amazon.

^ I heard buying from Amazon incurs a hefty duty charge, how much was it for you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it won't be Kindle Touch but I just wanted to know how much is the duty. With the high exchange rate and duty ($70 I read somewhere) it still might come close to 10k.

Kindle touch, I have an Amazon account but its set to US zone. I did not want to create another one just to see duty charges.

kreacher said:
Thanks for the info guys.

^^ I'm surprised that the Kindle is shipped directly from Amazon. What is the role of SYW in the transaction, their price certainly seems lower than Amazon.

^ I heard buying from Amazon incurs a hefty duty charge, how much was it for you?

I got the kindle 3. If I am not mistaken the official price was 7k for kindle + 2k duty + 1k shipping cost. I dont remember the precise numbers. Last year the dollar rate was around 44 - 45.

I tried to check, Amazon won't allow check out for kindle touch unless you are in US.

So you cant buy one yourself and hence won't get any support/warranty even if you buy from other sellers online.

If someone still wants to buy one from eBay the delivery time is around 25 days. If something is wrong with the item then in most cases you have to ship it back to US.

kreacher said:
I tried to check, Amazon won't allow check out for kindle touch unless you are in US.

So you cant buy one yourself and hence won't get any support/warranty even if you buy from other sellers online.

If someone still wants to buy one from eBay the delivery time is around 25 days. If something is wrong with the item then in most cases you have to ship it back to US.

I bought a Kindle touch with an Indian card but US shipping address.

1. What will be the final price that I'll have to pay?

around 195.

2. Will I have to pay customs or have any trouble with them?

if you are outside of USA, there will be customs, you will have no trouble if you pay it.

3. My dad's in the defense, is there any way I could skip paying customs on account of this?
<

then you should ask your dad...

4. Will I have any trouble finding MOBI format books?

actually, epub format ebooks are more popular than mobi, but there are also some site offer mobi ebooks, if you want to get them free, i think it's kinda hard. i've seen few free mobi book site. while free epub site is not that hard to find.

but you can convert mobi ebook to epub ebook by some converter, like this: http://www.epubor.com/mobi-to-epub.html

Back