Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Discussion Thread

If they invest their time in developing a new game engine, how are they going to churn out a new game every year? Also, even if everyone whines and complains before the release of every new COD game, most still go out and purchase it anyway. How else would you justify the astounding sales of the games? Here in the US, BF3 has been on sale on and off since a long time but price of MW3 has only gone down to $40 bucks a couple of times on steam and never on the console (biggest market for COD). I guess they follow the "if its not broken, don't fix it" ideology.

True for most part. I for one never understood the COD sheep mentality. It's almost like Apple fanboys, they will buy whatever Jobs defecated out of his rear end. Note : Fans != fanboys, sorry for being flamebait
cool43.gif

So far very impressed with the plot,Gameplay changes now lets see how it gets translated onscreen.

To be very honest it sounds too good to be true.

I think nuclear missiles, viruses will get replaced by Rare elements.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BF3 is trying to be COD with destruction. Now that is a different ball game.
<

COD is bringing in vehicles, but have to actually see how much of it will transfer over to the multiplayer, where it really matters.

But on a serious note, when we are on the verge of Crysis 3, why is COD still running with outdated visuals.

Will MOH give COD a run for their money this time around ?

Nah man not impressed....what the hell they were thinking framing a COD game in a world not familiar to us...and I am not at all a Treyach fan...they develop games with tons of bugs..graphics not realistic, still requires a high config PC to play...

Infinity Ward on the other hand graphics damn close near to reality, awesome lighting still low requirements.....

Someone please tell Activision to stick with Infinity Ward....

Nah man not impressed....what the hell they were thinking framing a COD game in a world not familiar to us...and I am not at all a Treyach fan...they develop games with tons of bugs..graphics not realistic, still requires a high config PC to play...

Infinity Ward on the other hand graphics damn close near to reality, awesome lighting still low requirements.....

Someone please tell Activision to stick with Infinity Ward....

You're missing the point here. Let's forget graphics for one second.

New features include non linear campaign where you can fail missions and story takes a different turn. I think its pretty cool.

Its a great direction for COD let's hope they can pull it off. And I don't mean sales wise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I was of the impression people in the world has got more sense from MW3 and would wait and see if the game was worth a pre-order. Guess not.

You're missing the point here. Let's forget graphics for one second.

New features include non linear campaign where you can fail missions and story takes a different turn. I think its pretty cool.

Its a great direction for COD let's hope they can pull it off. And I don't mean sales wise.
True, in recent times the only shooter that has gone for this kind of mission flexibility was ARMA II, sadly not many people know about this game by Bohemia Interactive.

The point again here is that will these choices be realistic and feasible OR typical of the Call of Duty franchise and the gaming industry as a whole. I think many here will remember what kind of a disappointment Mass Effect 3 turned out to be.

Treyarch has placed a really high bar on their production. Let us see if they can live upto it.

Well i just hope that Bo2 Does not turns out like some robotic shit in the end and if its as good as the previous. I'll be happy.

Nah man not impressed. what the hell they were thinking framing a COD game in a world not familiar to us. and I am not at all a Treyach fan. they develop games with tons of bugs..graphics not realistic, still requires a high config PC to play.

Infinity Ward on the other hand graphics damn close near to reality, awesome lighting still low requirements.

Someone please tell Activision to stick with Infinity Ward.
Sire if you can please stop using SMS lingo it will be better.

Adding multiple full-stops / exclamation marks / punctuations / smilies is not adding to the meaning of your post.

Apart from that, I don't see the point in your argument. Both Treyarch and Infinity Ward use the same game engine for developing their games, in extension even Sledgehammer Games used the same Modern Warfare Engine for MW3.

I don't admire the graphics quality of any CoD title after Call of Duty 2 they became bland, over the top and simply focused on set-pieces.

I might give this game a pass OR if someone can get me the *AHEM* version might give it a shot. But honestly --2999/- for a PC game [with dated visuals and gameplay]... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

3k for a game is really lame. I still don't get it why they price their game so high? Amazon revealed that Bo2 has been pre-ordered 30% more than MW3.

If the price was 999 not only i but everyone knows it might have been 300%. They raise their price to show how good their game is etc. But honestly nothing else is proved than an increase in piracy. I for instance really liked COD: BO. I wanted to buy Bo2 but honestly, no way i'm going to pay 3k.

Obviously i'll go with the ahem version and so will many other guys who are in the same league as me. Rise in Price is mere stupidity IMO forcing real game lovers not to buy the game and go for the ahem version.

I don't like game prices touching 2K + either.

Let's not justify piracy because you cannot afford it. If you cannot afford it too bad.

It's an entitlement issue where everybody seems to be taking for granted that they own everything

We do it guilt free because the Internet means free stuff/easily accessible to us. Down the line newer generations will have a lot internet policing.

Ultimately it's a business venture and a publisher has full rights to get $$ Price x No. of Copies sold. Period.

PS: By "you" I don't mean you Altair.
<

Believe me mate piracy does not only includes downloading. What about those 50-100-200rs games you get from the market even when there are music/movies/game stores (just left side showroom of this shop). I know they are also downloaded ones but people do spend money on that. If people can buy those they can buy original ones too. Why they don't buy? There is No need for me to answer that. This is happening almost everywhere. No matter where i go in India.

No offence taken mate.
<

Back