Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Discussion Thread

So you are agreeing with me?

To your point - Of course. We've all done that and it happens because of High prices and "farji" copies readily available.

My point is regarding entitlement issue not the mode of sale.

Pricing is an issue no doubt. BF3 sold at 1499/- with Free Add-on whereas it retailed at USD 60 in the US. Kudos Origin India. Crysis 2 Retail India was 999/- , 60USD in the US. Sure EA can do the same thing with Black Ops 2 but they are going to rake in a lot of money anyways.

Pricing is an issue no doubt. BF3 sold at 1499/- with Free Add-on whereas it retailed at USD 60 in the US. Kudos Origin India. Crysis 2 Retail India was 999/- , 60USD in the US. Sure EA can do the same thing with Black Ops 2 but they are going to rake in a lot of money anyways.

I digress, look at CD PROJECKT RED and GoG.com for a business model that can rake in profits, doesn't encourage DRM and is sustainable for the consumer.

Most CoD titles after MW2 have had horrific pricing all-over.

While I can buy games like TOTAL WAR, which have a larger single-player and multi-player component than the CoD series piled together for ~900/- why should I shell out extra for Map packs and weapon packs in games like CoD?

A.Activision is publishing BLOPS2 not EA

B.There are enough fanatics out there who wouldnt mind shelling out that much.

C.India isnt even looked upon as a potential market by activision.

Sire if you can please stop using SMS lingo it will be better.

Adding multiple full-stops / exclamation marks / punctuations / smilies is not adding to the meaning of your post.

Apart from that, I don't see the point in your argument. Both Treyarch and Infinity Ward use the same game engine for developing their games, in extension even Sledgehammer Games used the same Modern Warfare Engine for MW3.

I don't admire the graphics quality of any CoD title after Call of Duty 2 they became bland, over the top and simply focused on set-pieces.

I might give this game a pass OR if someone can get me the *AHEM* version might give it a shot. But honestly --2999/- for a PC game [with dated visuals and gameplay]... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ok, sorry for the SMS lingo. It has become a bad habit.

Both Treyach and Infinity Ward uses the same game engine (different versions). But, I feel IW has executed it better. Having played all the COD games, i feel the requirement of Treyach developed titles are really high. But, the IW titles do not feel so. That's my personal, practical feeling.

And, although the visuals are dated (?), they look spectacular at least in the MW series. They look realistic, lighting is really good.

But, I can't say the same for the Black ops game.

I digress, look at CD PROJECKT RED and GoG.com for a business model that can rake in profits, doesn't encourage DRM and is sustainable for the consumer.

Most CoD titles after MW2 have had horrific pricing all-over.

While I can buy games like TOTAL WAR, which have a larger single-player and multi-player component than the CoD series piled together for ~900/- why should I shell out extra for Map packs and weapon packs in games like CoD?

Then don't shell out cash for BO2. It's a choice that you are going to make while EA, oops Activation ships record breaking number of copies again at whatever price they want. You know why? Because they can.

Cd Projekt went around crying foul last year claiming 4 million in lost sales due to piracy. Don't even begin to compare them. The Witcher 2 sales suffered from insufficient marketing whereas COD will have gimmicky marketing campaigns. Double Experience points free with Pepsi or Subway. Etc.

COD games are getting manufactured on assembly lines, raking in millions. Don't expect any change in their business model.

Btw the trailers look like shit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So now activision is developing ut3/halo type games, and calling it cod! Also the voice in the trailer sounds like that of Woods in BO. But I believe he died in BO while killing Kravchenko!

What's up with that?
<

CS GO to COD is gonna be like Dota 2 to LoL.

CS Go is gonna be a more elitist community while the COD will be what even your granny will pick up if she was some fragging fun
<

A second trailer aired during the UEFA 2012 finals yesterday.

[video=youtube;[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZKfvYd9Nk"]HyZKfvYd9Nk[/URL]]Call of Duty Black Ops 2, II Trailer- Champions League Final ENGLISH - YouTube[/video]

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Yep. Same MW1 engine.

It isn't exactly the same engine. Treyarch head calls it the Black Ops II engine who claims there have been extensive modifications done to the original IW 4.0 engine.

Read more here - News: Black Ops 2: New engine isn't necessary - Treyarch - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Back