Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Discussion Thread

ronnie_gogs: That's strange! When we select '3D Vision Ratings' under the drop-down menu, BLOPS II shows up with a 3 star rating. But when selected under '3D Vision Ready' it doesn't show up. May be a patch is due from Treyarch. Hold on to something else until then.

ronnie_gogs: That's strange! When we select '3D Vision Ratings' under the drop-down menu, BLOPS II shows up with a 3 star rating. But when selected under '3D Vision Ready' it doesn't show up. May be a patch is due from Treyarch. Hold on to something else until then.

Well would have to wait for patch then, but the real fun is playing on servers now when the game is really fresh with thousands of players. Guess we multi monitors setups users form such a small portion of the market that we are not considered important enough.

Will play on a single monitor for now (Maybe)

The game may not be ready for 3d Vision which is 120 Hz monitors with 3d glasses but maybe compatible with 2d Nvidia Surround. But as I see it its not ready for either eyefinity or nvidia surround.

All right, who was the wise-ass at Treyarch that decided to include RTS bullshit into this game? I just got screwed in the first Strike Force mission in India. First off, I'm playing it on Hardened difficulty and this new addition seems to be a pain in the arse. To add salt to the injury, it seems the success (or failure) of these missions will have a dramatic effect on your ending. :mad44:

About the sound.... even am facing the same issue, The Gun sounds are totally LOW. Not audible on speakers , so i played it with Headphones.
& changing the sound setting between 24bit 48hz , 96hz 192hz might help, a bit noticeable.

The sound is low.Anyone facing the same issue.:(

Yeah the in-game sounds are a bit low and I had to turn up the volume a bit. There is however an option from the settings wherein the mode can be changed to get a little boost. Not a very dramatic change though.

Almost nearing the completion of the title. Completed 5 chapters and 4 strike force missions yesterday. The last strike force mission was a notch harder than the rest and took me 3 tries with the last try having just 4 strike teams. The remaining ones were pretty simple. Personally, I loved the strike force missions and reminded me of the Assault mode in UT. :p

[h=1]Black Ops 2: man plays for 135 hours straight, sets world record[/h]Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer is fun, but is it 135 consecutive hours of fun? Australian gamer Okan Kaya seems to think so, as he’s just broken the world record for longest recorded gaming marathon ever. Get the mad stats below.

Kaya played the game for seven days, and was allowed a ten minute break per hour of play, although he had the option of stacking breaks in order to take short naps and longer breaks. Although he managed to clock up an incredible time, Kaya is still only ranked 37th on the Black Ops 2 global leaderboard, which means people have still played it longer than him since it launched November 13th.
Regardless, it’s an incredible effort, although we’re sure he felt rather shit by the end of it. No pain, no gain as they say.

Source: Black Ops 2: man plays for 135 hours straight, sets world record | VG247

Done with the game sometime back and Treyarch seems to have given us a good title worth a playthrough which will last close to 6 hours. The gameplay was the usual run-take cover-shoot types with nothing extra that is added compared to the previous titles. The loadout can be chosen at the start of each chapter with several equipment being unlocked during the course of the gameplay after completing challenges within each chapter. The game also (for the first time) presents multiple endings depending on the playthrough and the decisions taken (for instance, surviving the strike force missions, killing or sparing the life of an NPC etc.).

This was the ending I got:

Completed all the strike force missions successfully. Farid shoots Menendez but he dodges the shot and kills Farid sparing Harper's life. Karma a.k.a. Chloe dies. Briggs was shot in the legs and wounded. Mason kills Menendez and meets Woods at the cemetery. Menendez's men finally breaks a riot in the US cities.

Not the best ending but noth the worst either. :p

Anybody have save files till india in veteran mode.I resisted killing Kravhcenko.Dont know what type of bug that was but the game crashed and all saves got corrupted.:mad44: I dont want to start all over again.:(

This was the ending I got:

Completed all the strike force missions successfully. Farid shoots Menendez but he dodges the shot and kills Farid sparing Harper's life. Karma a.k.a. Chloe dies. Briggs was shot in the legs and wounded. Mason kills Menendez and meets Woods at the cemetery. Menendez's men finally breaks a riot in the US cities.

ROTFL! That's it? It's the same ending (and events) I got, in spite of ignoring all the Strike Force mission. :p

I have to praise Kamar de los Reyes's astounding voice acting as Raul Menendez in this game. He's definitely the best arch-enemy out of all the CoD titles; downright menacing.

Good for you I guess but I loved all the strike force missions. Reminded me of the assault mode in the UT series. :D

Guys who are facing sound problems there is a sound patch for it if.You may know where to find it.After applying the patch select supercrunch from the sound menu in the game.You may notice around 30% sound increase.But unfortunately the cutscenes sound will not be affected.

Completed the game.It is far better than black ops,MW 2 & 3.Infact this time treyarch surpassed infinity ward.The entire game including the voice acting was brilliant a complete movie like experience.:D
Yes raul menendez tops as the best villain in the entire cod series.

Back