Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Discussion Thread

I really liked Black Ops. Nevertheless would definitely go for this.
<

Wowowowowow !! Is that COD? F-35, attack drones, mechs (!!), assault vehicles, horses (lol), choppers and bright colors. Looks like COD wants in on vehicle combat, but they still don't have destruction. The engine is finally showing it's age, it was meant for an on-the-rails shooter, not big maps with vehicles. Lets see.

They won't be upgrading their engine before the next consoles release. It's a shame really. After long the concept of this game is looking good but it's gonna look like crap.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

The trailer looks good,but I am afraid with all the drones, tanks,F-35s etc etc they dont copy the BF3 concept just to add vehicles, and please for goods sake dont turn the guns realistic, I like the "No recoil one shot headshot" sniper rifles any time over the SKS or SVD!!!

Hmmm, hearing a lot of good things about this. Black Ops was an 8/10 (Excellent) game for me. If people are buying it here for MP then I may join in. Otherwise Ahem Ahem Ahem.

Hmmm, hearing a lot of good things about this. Black Ops was an 8/10 (Excellent) game for me. If people are buying it here for MP then I may join in. Otherwise Ahem Ahem Ahem.

Same here. Black ops had a very good single player followed by a decent multi-player which kept me occupied for some months. Expecting same with this one too.

Hope this time they release it in India with decent price tag. They have pissed a lot of gamers(including me) since mw2 release regarding price.

Sgt Frank Woods, the co-protagonist of the original Black Ops, also appears in the video. The game will take place in two timelines: the late 1980s as the end of the Cold War as Alex Mason from Black Ops 1 and 2025 as Mason’s son David.

The story sees the US and China in a second Cold War over Rare Earth Elements, used to built tech devices and military weapons. Part of the war is also instigated by antagonist Raul Menendez, who’s hacked into drones and various robotic weapons to kick off the war’s combat. The 80s timeline will show what started Menendez’s path down the events in Black Ops 2.

Its story will come from co-writer of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight David Goyer.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/01/next-cod-unveiled-tonight-all-roads-head-to-black-ops-2/

This game has DX11. O0o.

OMG Yes! Found this:

[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]
Black Ops 2 will utilise the power of DX 11 on PC. As reported on One of Swords, Treyarch’s director of online highlighted the graphical upgrades during the recent Black Ops 2 reveal presentation. Despite the technical upgrades, getting the upcoming FPS to run at a 60 frames per second on all platforms is still high on Treyarch’s priority list.

Dan showed off the developer’s mixture of “tech and technique†during a walkthrough of a level set on Yemen’s Socotra Island. HDR lighting, bounce lighting, self shadowing and reveal mapping will all feature. They sound pretty. Treyarch showed off the new features next to footage of the first Black Ops, making it look a bit crummy by comparison.​
[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]
Expect more identifiable landmarks within multiplayer maps too. Treyarch want to make it as easy as possible for your squad mates to identify your location, promoting more co-ordinated teamplay.​
[/font]

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/02/black-ops-2-pc-will-take-advantage-of-directx-11-60-frames-per-second-still-a-priority/

I dunno I'm still excited. Black Ops was the first game i played after 8 months of non-gaming and i loved it.
<

nvm until i myself play the game can't decide anything.

If they invest their time in developing a new game engine, how are they going to churn out a new game every year? Also, even if everyone whines and complains before the release of every new COD game, most still go out and purchase it anyway. How else would you justify the astounding sales of the games? Here in the US, BF3 has been on sale on and off since a long time but price of MW3 has only gone down to $40 bucks a couple of times on steam and never on the console (biggest market for COD). I guess they follow the "if its not broken, don't fix it" ideology.

Looks interesting. I will play only SP. Graphics will be better than trailer I guess. Good to see some different style by COD. Chase with Horses?? Great
<

Back