Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

My hate for the COD series only occurs for the MP. For the SP, even i wait for it ;)

On another topic, i'll now wait for IGN to rate the game 10/10 while BF3 received 9/10.

I dont hate any games as long as they keep me entertained :)... COD SP is definitely what we all were waiting for... We already have a Epic MP game in our hands ;)

COD--MW3-Launch-at-EB-Games-Wetherill-Park-097-600x400.jpg

COD--MW3-Launch-at-EB-Games-Wetherill-Park-003-600x400.jpg

COD--MW3-Launch-at-EB-Games-Wetherill-Park-039-600x400.jpg

Lol!:lol: real fans.

anyways its amazing to find though the game has been rated 18+.you will find many kids there too.:annoyed:

Aman27deep said:
On another topic, i'll now wait for IGN to rate the game 10/10 while BF3 received 9/10.

OT : If you guys followed IGNs Podcasts you'd know their level of ignorance. Not specific to games but to phones etc too. extremely dismissive of Android (Motorola Razr Droid) etc.

Casey Lynch, the Editor in chief kept on ranting about CoD on a BF3 podcast. But nevertheless the podcasts are entertaining.

It'll be a surprise if it gets anywhere below 9.5/10 on IGN. I'll pass my verdict after playing my copy :) :)

Aman27deep said:
My hate for the COD series only occurs for the MP. For the SP, even i wait for it ;)

There you go. The video was leaked. ;)

167714eb8cec07d1f1.png

That was pretty much expected from IGN. Lately their editors have been showing fanboyism openly.

Recent examples:

Winner Dark Souls which has become a popular meme : Winner: Dark Souls | Know Your Meme

Greg Miller giving Uncharted 3 a perfect 10

And their love of Call of Duty has been well known.

Its sad to see a professional and arguably the best gaming site becoming biased at times.

I think that Casey Lynch is a bad influence.

Greg Miller, I have my reservations, the reviews do lack objectivity but his knowledge on games/comics etc (NERD quotient) is so high above the rest of the IGN team I'd probably let a blunder or two slip by.

OT part 2: This has been my biggest gaming year, yet. Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Witcher 2, Crysis 2, Dirt 3, TF2 (my debut), Deus Ex:HR, BF3. Incoming- MW3, Batman: AC, Saints Row 3, Skyrim, LA Noire phew!

IGN's xbox review out

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1211872p2.html

Bluffmaster said:
Greg Miller giving Uncharted 3 a perfect 10

Errr many other sites have equally praised Uncharted 3. You mean to say a perfect 10 was not supposed to be awarded to UC3?

^In my opinion, a perfect 10 should not be awarded to any game unless it does something exceptional and ground breaking which has never been done before in the same way. Uncharted 3 although a brilliant game did nothing new or exceptional other than improving on an already established franchise. Giving a 10 to even GTA 4 was a mistake as it was not deserving of a perfect 10. GTA 3 however should have been awarded a perfect 10 because it changed the whole open world/third person shooter genre. Hell, they even gave Red Dead Nightmare a perfect 10 which again was an excellent DLC but definitely not deserving of a perfect 10 score. I like Gamespot for reviews better, although their reviews are not as in depth as IGN, their ratings are pretty much accurate.

Agreed. Perfect 10 should be reserved for those "rarest of the rare" cases. Overall I think IGN's rating system has become more and more lax, they will give anything a 9 and above these days. Sometimes I think they are just being paid off.

you guys really base on whether to play or not play a game on a personal opinion of a person on websites , or do you play it for yourself to see if you enjoy it?

Back