Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

its up for preorder on flipkart for Rs2549 with a cap free.:S

dont know whether this flipkart disc will be steam based?? all my previous CODs were on steam. So would like this one too on steam only.

With current dollar rate (~49rupees) the price on steam comes to around Rs2953. But its lot hassle free gaming on steam.

Anyone else purchasing this??

^there's 3 more games coming this month worth buying (NFS RUN, Batman Arkham city, LA Noire). God only Help me with the budget. Purchasing too many games this year.

I will take NFS RUN if my Family members or Friends give me a cash on my Birthday ;) But this is COD thread :)

devesh38 said:
^there's 3 more games coming this month worth buying (NFS RUN, Batman Arkham city, LA Noire). God only Help me with the budget. Purchasing too many games this year.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dinjo, is that you? :p

Why me ? :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok so MW3 , Skyrim and UC3 confused now which one should i be playing first.Definitely not Skyrim first.

Call of Duty Elite delayed, won’t have a subscription option on PC

The social network, matchmaking and stat-tracking service, Call of Duty Elite will not arrive alongisde Modern Warfare 3 on PC next week as originally planned. VG247 have spotted a blog post from community manager Dan Amirch explaining that the service has been delayed due to security issues.

“We’re as committed as ever to the PC, but the need to ensure a safe PC environment is greater than ever,” said Beachhead Studio head Chacko Sonny. “It’s really extensive. We need more time to get there, so Elite on PC will not launch on Day 1. We’re working our butts off to make it happen, but we won’t release it until we know that PC gamers can enjoy Elite as it’s meant to be.” It doesn’t sound like a small delay either. “It is not going to come out until we’ve done a lot more work” say Beachhead.

The devs cite the insecurity of dedicated servers as the reason for the delay. It also means that there won’t be a Call of Duty Elite subscription option on PC. The subscription service gives members access to Call of Duty web TV series, competition tournaments and monthly DLC packs. The DLC updates will still be available to PC players as separate downloads, as with previous Call of Duty map packs.

“Not being able to trust stats is a big problem for our design. Because of this, we had to re-imagine Elite for PC. Elite for PC will be about access to your own stats, or those of your friends. Basically establishing a circle of trust. And because it will have some reduced functionality, it will be free for everyone,” said Beachhead.

We won’t see a PC version of Call of Duty Elite for a while, then, and when it does arrive, it will be a different animal to the console versions. It’s the latest example of a familiar trend in the lead up to Modern Warfare 3′s release next week. Throughout the entire multi-million dollar PR and advertising campaign, the PC version of Modern Warfare 3 has been conspicuously absent. At press and preview events, and at the Call of Duty XP conference every instance of Modern Warfare 3 was running on consoles.

All of the videos and screenshots released seem to have come from console versions of the game, too. We only know that the PC versions is coming because Activision announced it, but we won’t know it even exists for sure until we hold it in our hands next Friday. If the devs are “as committed as ever to the PC,” why aren’t they showing it?

Call of Duty Elite delayed, won’t have a subscription option on PC | PC Gamer

devesh38 said:
its up for preorder on flipkart for Rs2549 with a cap free.:S

dont know whether this flipkart disc will be steam based?? all my previous CODs were on steam. So would like this one too on steam only.

With current dollar rate (~49rupees) the price on steam comes to around Rs2953. But its lot hassle free gaming on steam.

Anyone else purchasing this??

It'll definitely work on steam. You'll have to activate the game on Steam before even starting it.

Leaked Copy of Modern Warfare 3 Sells for $1,725 on eBay

There's only four days until you're officially allowed to buy Activision's latest blockbuster FPS. That's 96 hours. Yes, K-Mart screwed the pooch and let some units slip out into the wild, where they've been spotted on eBay. But, you'd be playing such a copy at your own risk, at least if you don't want severe Xbox Live repercussions.

But that's not stopping one rabid COD acolyte from shelling out more than $1,500 to get their sweaty paws on the military action threequel before the floodgates open next Tuesday. Apparently the purchase went down on yesterday and, saddest of all, it might take 3-4 days for the game to get there if the delivery time quoted is to be believed. Which means you may not be getting the game that early after all. Maybe the winning bidder's just really into the single-player story?

Source :Leaked Copy of Modern Warfare 3 Sells for $1,725 on eBay

now this is really crazy.

OMG.. what the hell. The trailer is really good. Or lets say it is more of an advertisement for CODMW3 with Sam Worthington. This video is gr8.

Seems like more and more games are turning towards live action trailer first skyrim then bf3 and now this.

Roping in Sam Worthington and Jonah Hill for the MW3 live action trailer was just too good. :D

dinjo said:
first skyrim

Skyrim is not the first title to have live action trailers. Not this year either. Halo: Reach, Halo: ODST, F.E.A.R. 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect 3, Saints Row: The Third etc have released live action trailers much before!

Played the campaign for an hour much better campaign than bf3 makes you feel like you are part of a large battle

Have completed the game already,this game is on a large scale when the battles are compared.Everything is sequential,plot it tightly knit and there is co-relation with COD-IV and MW-II.I just love Soap and Price.There is also an Indian mission.Infinity ward took the game to another level and its not just any other COD.Guys,just play this game to enjoy all the aspects.It will surely get 9/10 or 9.5/10.

Do we still get those genuine CD keys online. I remember we used to get it for older COD games for almost half the price. Someone post some info if you have about them.

Back