Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

I don't think game quality has much to do with graphics.

Yeah, it looks and feels good but at the end of the day, gameplay is what makes you play a game all day long.

People are still playing TF2, CS, L4D, etc.

You know people are actually bored of playing Black Ops after a few months and go back to other CoD titles MW2 or even CoD4. I personally haven't got bored.

I hope they make MW3 a long-lasting, engaging and interesting game that keeps us FPS lovers hooked for at least more than 6 months.

Gannu said:
And if they were to create the game with an advanced engine and if your system couldn't handle it, it would still be treated as 'ePHIC pHAIL' as you have put it so eloquently. What is the point?
With all due respect to the Game n its Franchise , its not the question bout whether one's system can handle it or not .
Its where an individual expects much more from the franchise after playing the previous one, and after all the wait they show u their middle finger yet again with the same Engine.
Don't they have anything else in stores ?

kestrel5915 said:
I don't think game quality has much to do with graphics.

Yeah, it looks and feels good but at the end of the day, gameplay is what makes you play a game all day long.

People are still playing TF2, CS, L4D, etc.
Dont get started with TF2, man rocket jumping through the aie or sneaking up as spy, thats something no other game can or will ever offer.And besides, the free servers are a BIG plus point too.

comp@ddict said:
Dont get started with TF2, man rocket jumping through the aie or sneaking up as spy, thats something no other game can or will ever offer.And besides, the free servers are a BIG plus point too.
I think you misunderstood something there.

What I meant was that games like TF2, CS and L4D are uber-high quality games, and that without being too heavy on the graphics.

Also, Valve offers the highest VFM.

Hence graphics don't make or break a game.

Aman27deep said:
Are you sure TF2 is not a high-gfx game? Cause i think otherwise.

You can't compare it with many (or most) of the recent games graphics wise but gameplay wise its still kicking serious ass.

I think the point is not that TF2, CS, L4D offer better gameplay than graphics, but that there is no TF3, TF4, TF5, TF6 and TF7 with the same graphics engine. What COD brings to the table is stellar gameplay, but after 3 or 4 iterations you earn for something new for the eyes to feast upon. I know I will enjoy the SP campaign of MW3 as much as the other guy, but it could have been so much better if it had servers in Asia and a spanking new graphics engine. I would have bought it for sure.

kestrel5915 said:
You can't compare it with many (or most) of the recent games graphics wise but gameplay wise its still kicking serious ass.
It's 2007, and it looks better than 2010 COD so I guess thats a huge testament to TF2.

Plus, TF2 has those magical gameplay elements(plus hats :p) which COD can and will never have. Face it, COD multiplayer is awfully dull(just like CS man)

Infinity Ward(and treyarch) deserve most of the commercial success but think I they're milking the franchise a little too much.:no:
For this reason I have a lot of respect for DICE and Crytek.They don't need to work this hard at technology and innovation for commercial success but they still do it.

I think this series needs a real RE-BOOT ! I am sure this one is going to come out and replace the previous version ( Online ) and break all pre order records as well. . coz the people are just sucker for shoot-on-site games . . dont know why.

It is for serious gamers that we have to wait for gems like TF2 to be made , or probably the Battlefield series :)

They however do get the SP campaigns spot ON !

PS : I wonder where games like Portal fit into all of this ?

Fans of Call fo Duty (COD) can count the last game released in the series as a turning point. Until now you could buy the game, take it home, and play it online and offline to your heart’s content without spending another dollar while experiencing the full game (map packs excluded, of course). With the next game in the series, that is no longer going to be the case.

During a Q1 earnings call held yesterday, Activision confirmed that the next COD release will come with premium online features. That means buying the game will not be the end of your spending in order to experience all that COD has to offer in terms of multiplayer features.

Activision has not revealed specifics about what premium features means other than to say it will be “further online monetization.†That translates to gamers paying for more than just map packs this time round, and could even see them having to sign-up for a subscription.

The next COD game is set to be revealed within the coming weeks and is expected to put a much bigger emphasis on online features and social interaction. The developer behind the game is called Beachhead and has been working on the title under a veil of mystery alongside a new Activision business unit put in place to push these new premium features.

Importantly, Bobby Kotick has stated that everything seen in previous COD games will be there when you buy the boxed copy. Premium services will be in addition to those features which ties in to the mentioned new emphasis for online.

Rumors of premium features for the series first appeared in January when Wedbush Securities made Activision stock a top pick due to potential for it to “monetize a second tier of multiplayer online gaming †in COD. Now we know it is going to happen, but if Kotick is true to his word, not to the detriment of the core gaming experience.
Source

:mad:

:facepalm:

Nice. First they started the trend of $60 games. Now they are starting to make MP paid. And thanks to the 89 Billion copies sold in the first week and 50 billion subscribing to the "Premium Services", it won't be long before other publishers embrace this. If there is a part in hell made from the curses of all the gamers, Kotick will be the first entree there.

This was THE only fear I was having. I was ready to pay 60 usd again, if MW3 would not make to india. But again this is really stupid of activision.

Still, from the source, it looks like, one will have to pay for only premium services like some additional weapons and some additional upgrades, and not for playing MP per hour, or monthly subscription. Correct me if I am wrong.

greed is really extended.

And if there's subscription fees for MP, "BYE BYE BYE".

Like a Baws.

Aman27deep said:
lol. here we go again.

Valve will never do this, and i'll buy their games :)
they did that with the TF2 and portal 2 asking money for each little things like HATS.

Only thing remaining was asking money for playing mp per month or per year which may be big let down.

Call Of Duty Elite Subscription revealed.

A trailer for Activision's online membership service, Call of Duty: Elite, has leaked online.

According to the video, Call of Duty: Elite allows players to form groups and clans, compete online for prizes, film sharing, study maps and weapons, stat tracking, and additional features. Elite members will be able to access data via smart phones, tablets as well as computers. The service is compatible with Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, and future Call of Duty titles. Not all features in this service will require a subscription cost, however.

We'll have full details on Call of Duty: Elite tomorrow morning, so check back with IGN then.

Back