Calling all Street Fighter 4 Live Players

ok a few tips for the guys here based on what i've seen from our games.

avoid excessive jumping in and shoryuken spam. it's a great move with a high priority over other moves but if you keep doing it, it gets predictable and a good player will simply block and then punish with a high damaging combo since the hard punch shoryuken has a lot of recovery time.

a light punch shoryuken should be used when you need to come down to the ground quickly.

throwing random ultras is a big no-no. remember that performing an ultra when it's not a guaranteed hit is a HUGE risk. for one, you lose the ultra which could have saved you later on in the round. two, it leaves you wide open again and you're guaranteed to eat a lot of hits if you miss.

so don't try to work on ultra "timing". your opponent can block or jump even AFTER the camera angle changes when you go into your ultra animation. you're not going to connect unless your opponent makes a mistake like trying to sweep kick you when you're getting up. you might get lucky a couple of times but it's not reliable.

what is important is ultra "setups". this is simply creating a situation where your ultra is guaranteed to connect unless you mess up your input timing. a successful ultra setup is one where your opponent cannot block it or avoid it in anyway.

example : if you jump in on a Ryu player... and he hits a LIGHT PUNCH shoryuken at the top of your jump arc, he will land quickly enough to follow up with his ultra and it will connect 100% as long as he does not mess up the timing or you don't get dizzied. a medium punch or hard punch shoryuken will not allow him to come down fast enough to follow up with an ultra so that would not be an ultra set up. likewise, a light punch shoryuken to an opponent on the ground is not an ultra set up as he isn't thrown high enough in the air.

For Ken, if you land a lvl2 or lvl3 Focus Attack and quickly dash out of it... your ultra is guaranteed.

Shoryuken wiki for more info on ultra set ups.

hey, u guys still online with SF4?...was outta town for a month, itching to get my hands on the controller. decide a time and we can meet live. nights r best

BTW i played with ashr and i too got my ass handed out to me on a platter :D

dreading to play against f|0ccy :)

i think only floccy and i really play a lot. i see rahul sometimes but i don't think the other posters in this thread get online very often.

anyway, i'm always up for games.

Just had a few with Impatientsoul (gauravraw).Initially, I saw hes Ryu icon and I was really curious to see how he played because that was the first time I had seen an Indian player with that icon (basically means he has finished all the hard trial,right?).

Good game

F|0ccY said:
Just had a few with Impatientsoul (gauravraw).Initially, I saw hes Ryu icon and I was really curious to see how he played because that was the first time I had seen an Indian player with that icon (basically means he has finished all the hard trial,right?).

Good game

Well, I used an exploit to unlock all the icons and players. :ashamed:

gauravraw said:
Well, I used an exploit to unlock all the icons and players. :ashamed:

What kinda exploit is that?

F|0ccY said:
Yup, im game, if my keyboard doesn't conk off again.

U use the keyboard to Play?

BTW: I got my ass served back to me well cooked in a platter by ashr:(..... once again as usual....

Though I have improved...i still need to work on my ultra timings to beat guys like ashr:)

looking fwd to playing f|occy:hap2:

Back