Calling all Street Fighter 4 Live Players

ashr said:
i use a keyboard too. xbox controllers are crap for street fighter.
Man.... I thought xbox 360 controller was supposed to make the gaming exp better:(

BTW: doesn't the keyboard kinda hand when u press 3-4 buttons simultaneously:S

my keyboard doesn't. it's the Logitech Ultra Flat one.

xbox 360 controller D-Pad is TERRIBLE and only 4 buttons on the face is not optimal for fighting games.

a good controller for fighting games is the Sega Saturn USB pad. i'm too used to the keyboard though and my Saturn pad's just collecting dust.

Think We need to start a new topic to discuss SF4 keyboard settings and xbox 360 keyboard settings:)

BTW: I have just managed to get to level 4 of 5 for challange mode for RYU. I am guess u would have completed the whole thing by now:D
ashr said:
my keyboard doesn't. it's the Logitech Ultra Flat one.

xbox 360 controller D-Pad is TERRIBLE and only 4 buttons on the face is not optimal for fighting games.

a good controller for fighting games is the Sega Saturn USB pad. i'm too used to the keyboard though and my Saturn pad's just collecting dust.

I am playing level 5 in normal...

I guess u would have completed the hard as well:)
ashr said:
hard or normal?

BTW: it dissapointing seeing so less ppl playing SF4.... I am a die hard fan after school:)
I played SF ex plus Alpha in my PS1 and there used to beat the s**t out of anyone in 15-20 secs.... that was 11 yrs back:)

Just got back from a 3 day hiatus from SF4, who's up for some warm up games?

vercetti said:
I am playing level 5 in normal...

Lol, get to the hard trial, then you'll know the meaning of a 'challenge'. :p

Played with f|occy ysterday and today...The guy is a combo king:)
Today he was giving out the combos that u learn after mastering challange mode in Hard trial:D....
Way to go F|occy....

BTW: I am also getting better..,...just completed level 1 in hard mode:hap2:...
level 2 is too damn tricky....more over my x360 controller shucks in producing Shorukens:(

Hard trial 2 is the hardest trial.The link from f.hp to c.hp is 1 frame.I'd suggest you do the following.

FA lvl 3 > f.hp > c.lp > c.hp > SRK > super

Adding the c.lp before the c.hp gives you an additional 3 frame gap for your c.hp input.

you can also make it an LP SRK, wait until you land from it AND THEN super the dummy before he falls down. much easier than trying to super cancel.

the trials are worthless anyway. nobody does them in matches, not even the best players in the world... too hard to pull off and shitty reward.

Except for the c.hp hp.srk that Daigo does and the 3rd hard trial which was I think jump.hk > hp > hp.srk > fadc > ultra is pretty useful, everything else is useless, seriously useless.

you guys should actually forget the trials for now and work on ultra setups first. i see too many people throwing random ultras hoping they'll connect.

work on very simple but effective stuff like jab anti air shoryuken -> ultra and srk -> fadc -> ultra. those are the things that are gonna win you your matches. a few others are lvl 2/3 FA -> ultra, and ex tatsu or hadouken in corner -> ultra.

come back to the trials after you get these down to a pat as it's probably only detrimental to your progress at this stage.

remember, COMBOS ARE NOT EVERYTHING IN STREET FIGHTER 4. while they are important for dishing out heavy damage really quickly, there's no point if you can't create an opening in the first place. more than any other fighting game series, Street Fighter is about methodically taking out your opponent, piece by piece. a really good player will be able to beat you with normal attacks alone (not even special moves) because of solid spacing, zoning and ground game.

this isn't Mortal Kombat or *puke* Tekken :)

btw add me for games. gtalk - ashwathraveeATgmailDOTcom and msn - ashrATshaolinproductionsDOTorg

Agree to what ashr has said about trials being useless for use in actual games.
The only reason I am still pursuing trials is to get total control of my moves. I have no control over my Hadonken, SRK, super and ultra.... any of these come out in random:)
When i try to do a anti-air-srk i end up doing a ultra/super and eventually lose the game because of this.... By playing the trials and doing the combos I can atleast get more accuracy in my controls:)

BTW: I have been trying to master the SRK-->falling dummy ultra but still haven't been able to do this regularly with my x360 controller.

vercetti said:
The only reason I am still pursuing trials is to get total control of my moves. I have no control over my Hadonken, SRK, super and ultra.... any of these come out in random:)
When i try to do a anti-air-srk i end up doing a ultra/super and eventually lose the game because of this.... By playing the trials and doing the combos I can atleast get more accuracy in my controls:)

BTW: I have been trying to master the SRK-->falling dummy ultra but still haven't been able to do this regularly with my x360 controller.

I hv full control of Hadonken, SRK, super and ultra.. when you say,I will hit....

vercetti said:

if you want total control of your moves, go to training mode instead of trials :S

do hadoukens, SRKs, supers and ultras from BOTH sides until you get them consistently.

when you say SRK, falling dummy ultra... i hope you know that it is only possible after a jab(light) shoryuken on an airborne opponent. the stronger shoryukens or a jab shoryuken on a standing opponent cannot be followed up with an ultra. a jab shoryuken on a standing opponent can be followed by a super though... if you do it quickly enough after you land from the shoryuken.

every new ryu player should watch Mickey D's Ryu tutorial videos IMO. he's an amazing player and his tutorials teach you a lot.

YouTube - Ryu Tutorial Video

i think there are about 5 parts.

Err....When I was playing offline...I was freety confident I could win the world:)...NOM
Online duels test ur true capability
sxyadii said:
I play on keyboard... and I dont hv original key to play online...

Back