Calling all Street Fighter 4 Live Players

God why the hell does Ryu's ultra turns into an ex shoryu every time I try to do it after LP shoryu while the opponent is in air?? Is there a particular time, I guess we have to wait until Ryu glides down after the LP shoryu right?

gauravraw said:
God why the hell does Ryu's ultra turns into an ex shoryu every time I try to do it after LP shoryu while the opponent is in air?? Is there a particular time, I guess we have to wait until Ryu glides down after the LP shoryu right?

it could be what floccy said, you're getting too excited and doing it way too quickly. slow it down and try to do it after you completely land from the shoryuken.

if that doesn't work, then your problem is mostly with getting all 3 punches to register as one. in this case, you can use a "feature" known as negative edge. basically, in most Capcom fighting games, it's not the KEY PRESS but the KEY RELEASE that is taken as input. so right after the shoryuken hits, you can hold down all 3 punch buttons, hit d, f, d, f when you land and then release the 3 buttons. your ultra will definitely come out.

Guess that was right, I went into the training mode, set the CPU position to jump and now I can do the ultra 9 out of 10 times with ease. All it takes is patience, and gentleness input of down, forward, down, forward + PPP and voila! but still doing FADC -> ultra is a pain for me. Specially during intense matches. Just to bag 1-2 wins (rarely) against ashr or Floccy, i don't even try doing the FADC..

Damn, it's always a delight in playing with Floccy and ashr. I think I am getting better as compared to I used to play in the beginning with you guys.

You both could tell better I guess. Any tips which you guys can give on FADC -> Ultra? My problem is that I can do hp shoryu -> focus, cancel by dash but after that my ultra doesn't comes out. Is there a way I could mix up the command for dashing out of focus and Ultra together because pressing down, forward, down, forward AFTER forward, forward gets a bit confusing for me. :S

Have seen F|occy do a FADC-->ex cycle kick-->Ultra.... hwich is quite effective...
Also, he will catch u offguard and do a ex cycle kick followed by a ultra....

BTW: pass me ur live ID....lets have a duel:)

How does this game work online? Any perceptible lag or is it all client side? And any frustrating moments related to 'hit contact' if it's all client side?

The game works surprisingly well online, anything above 4 yellow bars (connection rating) and you almost won't feel anything.Although, it obviously isn't as good as playing 1v1 on the same machine.One issue however with the PC version when it comes to online is frame rates, both players MUST have their fps limited to 60.If not, then the game literally plays in slow-motion if the fps goes above 60.

gauravraw said:
Damn, it's always a delight in playing with Floccy and ashr. I think I am getting better as compared to I used to play in the beginning with you guys.

You both could tell better I guess. Any tips which you guys can give on FADC -> Ultra? My problem is that I can do hp shoryu -> focus, cancel by dash but after that my ultra doesn't comes out. Is there a way I could mix up the command for dashing out of focus and Ultra together because pressing down, forward, down, forward AFTER forward, forward gets a bit confusing for me. :S

after the dash cancel, try holding down PPP, d,f,d,f RELEASE PPP instead of d,f,d,f press PPP. with this method, you won't face the problem of not hitting all 3 punch buttons correctly at the same time.

ashr said:
after the dash cancel, try holding down PPP, d,f,d,f RELEASE PPP instead of d,f,d,f press PPP. with this method, you won't face the problem of not hitting all 3 punch buttons correctly at the same time.
The problem is not hitting those 3 punches at the same time because I have assigned LB button for that, the problem is d, f, d, f for ultra AFTER f, f for dash-canceling. Well, the other thing is this is the first time I am playing a fighting game with an analog stick because 360 controllers' d-pad is seriously crappy and am trying to get my PS3's dual-shock 3 controller to work with my Windows 7. I'll be able to pull off anything then coz I have experience of playing 4 Tekken games with the d-pad. :)

You don't have to do d,f,d,f after the dash cancel, because after u dash cancel you already press forward, so what I do is hp.srk>ex cancel.f>d,f,d.PPP.The forward input for your dash cancel registers as an ultra input too if you do it quick enough.

Actually I need to confirm the above theory, I honestly can't remember what I actually do during the FADC>ultra, though it happens everytime. :p

yeah i don't quite realize what i do either... it's one of those things that when you land it a couple of times, you just go on.

India should seriously consider hosting a few SF4 tournaments.I'm quite sure there are plenty of players on the console versions.

i heard there's a ****ing good Vega from chennai who plays on PS3. someone who does all 1 and 2 frame links consistently on a pad. i hope there's someone to kick our ass right?

ashr said:
i heard there's a ****ing good Vega from chennai who plays on PS3. someone who does all 1 and 2 frame links consistently on a pad. i hope there's someone to kick our ass right?
On a PAD? Sounds interesting.

Back