Can I get some recommendations for good women's perfumes?

J'adore
Hollywood Star
Jlo Glow
Jlo Still
Kenzo Flower
All bought personally, tested by the wife and no complaints ... there you go.

Guerlain has a lot of classics like jicky, mitsouko, samsara, shalimar etc. A fragrance house with a very rich history.
If one has plenty of dough to spend, one should try their niche range, like tonka imperiale, spiriteuese double vanille, bois d'armanie. Marvelous house :)
The only other good designer houses are Chanel, Dior and Hermes. Rest, frankly are not up to the mark (with exceptions of course)
Of course I'm not including any of the brilliant niche houses, since they're not available in India anyway. We're left with no option other than these designer houses :(
Anyhow, sorry I got carried away. Didnt intend to steer away from the topic :)
There you go SM, get the blotting paper out. Mother shortlists. Drag her over to the shop for a dab test. Let her pick one and you're done.

Elle Saab
J'adore
Miss dior Cherry
Chanel allure sensuelle
Chanel md'moiselle
Shalimar
Issi Miyaki women
D&G light blue
You cannot go wrong with any of the above. Im a perfumer and these products are the highest sellers. Personally i would add gucci guilty w too to the list. It goes without saying that she will have her individual taste so it would be wise to buy tester bottles first.
If she has a taste for classic smells, look at tom ford, versache and YsL.

Im a perfumer and these products are the highest sellers.
How relevant is age of the person here ?

i have this idea that an older woman is looking at something else than younger people.

Once wanted to gift a friend's mum some perfume, and got pointed at chanel. You'll never find anybody young wearing chanel. Too established and boring.

@edge111hussain Appreaciate your inputs! A lot of those seem very pricey. But of course, you get what you pay for.
As a perfumer, do you have any insights on whether or not there is a huge fake perfumes racket going on in online stores? I'm just curious.

Avoid unknown sellers on snapdeal,flipkart , ebay etc.
Wsretail is good(Flipkart iself), jabong seems fine to me. I do not trust any other website in India.
I prefer to buy them in the u.s and get it to India through friends whenever they come back. Here, I pay retail for Chanel, Dior, guerlain and Hermes. Others I can find at a good price (often, not always) on Flipkart, jabong.

@edge111hussain Appreaciate your inputs! A lot of those seem very pricey. But of course, you get what you pay for.
As a perfumer, do you have any insights on whether or not there is a huge fake perfumes racket going on in online stores? I'm just curious.

How relevant is age of the person here ?

i have this idea that an older woman is looking at something else than younger people.

Once wanted to gift a friend's mum some perfume, and got pointed at chanel. You'll never find anybody young wearing chanel. Too established and boring.
Age is quiet relevant tbh. For eg, though dkny be delicious is perfect for mumbai cause of its longetivity, older women just dont seem to like it one bit. Same is the case with Burberry weekend w, they seem to tilt towards Brit w or lancome/estee lauder in general. Also i do believe that price and packaging plays a huge role here. A 212 vip w for eg has a really nice bottle, decent fragrance and comes around 2k. Does the job imho. But try giving that to a 40 yrs old executive and she will pass it off as a cheap fragrance. For em, the likes of Armani, hermes or Dior are it.

I am certain of it and not only in India but abroad too. The packaging or rather the re-packaging is done so well that there aint no way you will figure out the difference. Also its quiet easy to match the smell and quality too.
I mean there is no smell till date that we have failed to match ourselves. The only way to judge a first copy(perfect copy) vis a vis an original is if you have it on for a good 4-6 hrs or so.
And why just online stores? Wasnt there a problem a few yrs back at Sahara star where a certain top end brand was selling fakes at their own store (employees ofcourse were the culprits)

Has anyone tried Lancôme? It is an expensive brand. I dont remember which one, but to date it has been one of the best women's perfume I have smelt.

Has anyone tried Lancôme? It is an expensive brand. I dont remember which one, but to date it has been one of the best women's perfume I have smelt.
Havent tried their womens range, but was disappointed with their mens range. Smell(dont remember the name) was okay(pleasant) but pathetic performance (dies down quickly).

Back