Careers and Employment Thread

Guys my company is going under the de-merger(splitting into 2) and they are firing around 250 odd people and sadly I am also included in that but I have 2 months of salary and 2 months of time with me.

Please suggest me if there is any opening in your organization or in your network.(Location : Mumbai/Navi Mumbai)

I have 4.4 years of exp in Java/J2EE, Core Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Tomcat, Glassfish, Websphere, SVN, Oracle Db/MySQL etc.
I have worked in Insurance domain(Property and Casualty) and mostly in support & maintenance projects.

I will mail my resume too, plz let me know ur email id.

Openings available for following 2 profiles.

Experience : 1-6 yrs
Job Location : Mumbai/Pune
Interviews on : 1st May 2015 at Mumbai/Pune

Skills required :

Profile 1. Java : Proficient in J2EE, Spring, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate, JQuery, Core Java with experience in at least one of the popular RDBMS such as Oracle
Profile 2. Ruby : Proficient in Ruby,HTML5 / CSS / JQuery / Javascript (all advanced level)

PM me your CV/resume by 28th April.

Preferred Qualifications
This position will perform an active role in the development of host-based software to perform advanced SCSI operations against an enterprise class storage array. Development includes host-based drivers and agents, test tools, and product simulation.

Primary duty is to implement the code as collaboratively designed with the product owner and architect, and to generate test scripts and test code. During integration, the debug and triage of bugs detected in code is also expected. All code is written in C and is provided as a driver across multiple OS platforms.

Top 4 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. C programming and embedded C programming skills
2. Development of multi-threaded applications
3. Understanding of enterprise class SAN Storage Systems
4. Driver level code, design and implementation for Linux, Windows, AIX, HPUX and Solaris.

Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.

As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.

Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.

Preferred Qualifications
The ****** Software Development team takes the leadership role in the development, integration and support of the ****** ***** product.

This position is for a development team member in an Agile sprint team of 5 to 9 people in the Bangalore area/hyd area.

The ideal candidate would have demonstrable history of success in software development projects using C++ and OO design methodologies, a foundation in enterprise SAN storage solutions and general SAN and IP technologies, and strong communication skills. The candidate must also enjoy resolving complex technical issues and be motivated to work independently or in a team setting on projects that are time-critical.

The Software Engineer will be responsible for:

• Supporting legacy software written in C++, PHP, Perl, and Bourne shell
  • Timely completion of development projects for new features and tools for future product releases
  • Providing technical guidance to Level 2 support to ensure adequate resolution for customer issues regarding implementation, usage, or product defects
  • Opening and managing defects and enhancement requests based upon sustaining support activity
  • Providing development support for defect and/or enhancement resolution
  • Maintaining open communications with leadership on project status
  • Providing timely updates to any assigned defects

The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

• BS or MS in Computer Science
  • 7 years of overall software development experience
  • 5 or more years experience in Object Oriented programming in C++
  • 2 or more years experience in PHP programming
  • 2 or more years experience in BASH or Bourne shell programming
  • Can demonstrate competency in one or more of the following technologies
oFiber Channel application development
oFiber Channel HBA driver development
oiSCSI driver development
oLinux multipath driver development
oLinux kernel troubleshooting
oLinux services start / stop scripting
oLinux High Availability
oDistributed configuration management using a MySQL database
oAdvanced Linux log file management
oPerformance statistics monitoring and reporting
oMultithreaded client-server application development
oISO “gold disk” development and management
oAssembly and distribution of patches
oLinux and IP security
oftp and sftp
oGUI development
oCLI development

Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.

As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.

Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.

TLDR;
I should just say good programmer ;)

HOWTO:
Send me a pm if you atleast satisfy 50% of above requirements then I will give you link where you can apply.
or I can refer you to hr and I will party with the referral bonus* :p

*conditions applied

Have couple of questions regarding notice period and expected salary and other stuff.

Almost all of the times, when I receive a preliminary mail from a recruiter, I am asked of PAN card and passport details. I get a bit skeptical to share such info in start. So ideally speaking, what should be done here ? Should I provide a best answer diplomatically, telling them that such info will be shared in person by me (This is what I have been doing till now) ? Or should I directly provide such info ? The reason why I am asking this is, I have started to sense that this may impact on receiving further response from recruiter.

Apart from this, how much does notice period affect the decision really ? I do have a lengthy notice period of 3 months, which kind of always is a deal breaker. Because everyone wants people to join as soon as possible.

And last thing. Is it advisable to mention exact figure or range for expected salary ? Or again, should this be discussed during personal interview only ?

Last edited:
Is it advisable to mentioned exact figure or range for expected salary ?

Strict no to range. You may quote higher side of your expected range and bargain; but do not quote range. It will portray that you are okay to work at lower end of range too though you may be capable of more.

Guys my company is going under the de-merger(splitting into 2) and they are firing around 250 odd people and sadly I am also included in that but I have 2 months of salary and 2 months of time with me.

Please suggest me if there is any opening in your organization or in your network.(Location : Mumbai/Navi Mumbai)

I have 4.4 years of exp in Java/J2EE, Core Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Tomcat, Glassfish, Websphere, SVN, Oracle Db/MySQL etc.
I have worked in Insurance domain(Property and Casualty) and mostly in support & maintenance projects.

I will mail my resume too, plz let me know ur email id.
Thanks a lot everybody for your PMs.

Finally got the job in 6 good companies and 1 offer was exclusively from S Africa, but finally decided to join Accenture.

I guess everyone just need little to time to rethink upon your present condition and work on your core strength with some confidence, then success is not far.

Not even getting interview calls, having worked in an Indian private bank for 5 years I'm getting just above 1M pa :(
Really can't understand what am i missing :D

Back