Careers and Employment Thread

i got the first round from google, Did good in the other software eng questions flunked dsa,wasn't able to complete the 2nd dsa question in time.Has been months since i heard back from them.
In Google interviews, it expected the candidate solves the problems and solves them in the efficient way possible.
The interviewer sometime provides hints, which is again amounts to negative impact on the overall feedback.
Time and space complexity - they would always ask these.

In one of my DSA round, though I was able to come up with the naive solution( O(nlogn) ), but to come up with the the efficient O(n) one, interviewer had to provide a hint (which data structure to use) and he mentioned the same in my feedback and rated me 'leaning to hire'.
(Ratings are - Strong Hire, Hire, Leaning to Hire, Leaning to NO hire, No Hire)

In Google interviews, it expected the candidate solves the problems and solves them in the efficient way possible.
The interviewer sometime provides hints, which is again amounts to negative impact on the overall feedback.
Time and space complexity - they would always ask these.
mine was system monitored one,no interviewer. I simply crossed the time limit while solving the second problem,first problem was easy af and so were the other mcq based questions,mcq ones were way way too easy example what port does ssh run on. Mine was junior dev position I expected them to ask system design and such questions atleast some difficulty level.

In one of my DSA round, though I was able to come up with the naive solution( O(nlogn) ), but to come up with the the efficient O(n) one, interviewer had to provide a hint (which data structure to use) and he mentioned the same in my feedback and rated me 'leaning to hire'.
(Ratings are - Strong Hire, Hire, Leaning to Hire, Leaning to NO hire, No Hire)
thanks, i did'nt know about the strong hire thing.

mine was system monitored one,no interviewer. I simply crossed the time limit while solving the second problem,first problem was easy af and so were the other mcq based questions,mcq ones were way way too easy example what port does ssh run on. Mine was junior dev position I expected them to ask system design and such questions atleast some difficulty level.

thanks, i did'nt know about the strong hire thing.
where are you working now? how many yoe?

i know just didnt know that in google the person who was hired can see this. usually this is behind large hr walls.
It's not directly visible anywhere, but the G! recruiters are open about this and shares the detailed feedback of each round.

But Amazon has no feedback policy. They just sent me a rejection mail without any explanation.

What do I do to get into google or other faang I apply on linkedin or their resp website but I rarely get any response let alone the interview even though I am good in leetcoding.

What do I do to get into google or other faang I apply on linkedin or their resp website but I rarely get any response let alone the interview even though I am good in leetcoding.
Referral is the best option to get your resume shortlisted.
Reach you out connections wherever possible.

There will be an opening in my company for Lead Generation role in January so if anyone is interested for the job can ping me to discuss further. People with Leadgen/scraping experience will have an added advantage, Also you should know how to guess an email and verify them. Having 3~4 Linkedin accounts is a must as these projects are mostly LN based and you will reach limitations very soon Or you can simply activate 1 month sales navigator trial and keep doing that on newly created accounts each month.

P.S. Its a WFH job with full benefits.

Last edited:
There will be an opening in my company for Lead Generation role in January so if anyone is interested for the job can ping me to discuss further. People with Leadgen/scraping experience will have an added advantage, Also you should know how to guess an email and verify them. Having 3~4 Linkedin accounts is a must as these projects are mostly LN based and you will reach limitations very soon Or you can simply activate 1 month sales navigator trial and keep doing that on newly created accounts each month.
PMed!

P.S. Its a WFH job with full benefits.
This position is open now, Interested persons can PM or tag here so I can start a PM from my side,
Its a proper WFH job with full employee benefits. The pay rate is 3~4 USD per hour depending on the experience and skills.

Hey guys. Pursuing a EEE degree and entering my final year soon. I am looking for an internship w/semiconductor companies or companies in EV and Renewable Energy. I was wondering how do I apply to those companies successfully. Had no luck with Intel or AMD (my profile is pretty bad). The location is Chennai but I am open to WFH anywhere around the world. I just wanna get some good experience, even if its a month, 3 weeks or something. If anyone knows people who can help, send them my way.

Thanks in advance and have a lovely day!

Last edited:
Back