Carrying digicam on domestic flight.

techie_007

Skilled
Hi,

Leaving for home tomorrow and carrying a new A570IS for the folks at home. :)

Am i gonna be ok carrying this in the carry on baggage? Wont even think of putting it in check-in..no trusting ppl :mad:

I am guessing i should be ok so long as i take out the batts n put them in the check in baggage?

Someone plz let me know :)

Its fine. You can carry it with your cabin luggage. I carried 2 cameras with me recently ( 1 DSLR and 1 portable digital camers ) and they checked the camera bag and allowed me to carry it with me. No issues.

Yeah no problem ....Have carried one myself

Its way better to carry it with u rather than on the luggage

The way the staff handle the luggage....Yikes ....my Pooh Camera

Off topic

How much did u pay for 570 IS :)

I took Cam + Pouch + Charger + 2 GB Sandisk + 360 (6*4) Prints FREE

All for 14000

Good deal ??

I have recently carried my D-SLR, laptop and compact P&S on flights to Chennai and Goa, as well as international too. No issues whatsoever.

However I did witness a co-passenger who stood and took a picture of a plane from the tarmac in Pune airport, as we were walking to the plane. A security guard and a ground staff walked up to him, took him aside and I could hear them asking him to delete the picture from the camera in front of them.

So, it's ok to carry cameras on flights but in Indian airports it's not ok to take pictures anywhere.

techie_007 said:
With batteries or without? :)

Sandy said:
obviously with duh, whats the use without batteries?

Sometimes they make you take out the batteries and keep them seperately. I was twice stopped at Hyderabad Airport because of that. Once when I had the battries in the camera and another time when I had them in a battery charger. Both times they made me remove the batteries and keep them seperately.

vader said:
However I did witness a co-passenger who stood and took a picture of a plane from the tarmac in Pune airport, as we were walking to the plane. A security guard and a ground staff walked up to him, took him aside and I could hear them asking him to delete the picture from the camera in front of them.

So, it's ok to carry cameras on flights but in Indian airports it's not ok to take pictures anywhere.

kippu said:
yea not on the tarmac i guess but you can take from the flight ... indian airspace is legit photography :D

You cannot take photographs inside the airport or of the airport area from the air. Especially the runway and control tower areas.

All airports are considered classified zones and taking photographs is illegal. This is because they are considered to be strategic points prone to be the targets for ememy/terrorist attacks. This is not specific to just India. Its done all over the world.

Even If you see someone taking photographs of an airport area, you are just witnessing the slack attitude of the security personnel.

Even Arial/satellite images which are made available for sale to non-defense institutions have the airport zones blocked or cut out.

We have worked on Satellite Imagery as part of our M.Tech course, and I remember that all the images we bought from NRSA have the airport areas blocked out. One of my friends/classmate had done a project on Automatic Airport detection in satellite imagery and he had a hard time getting some images without the airport areas blocked out. Atleast he did not get any of the Indian ones from NRSA. He got some old images taken by a french satellite.

Back