Case / Cabinets

This was my yesteryear choice and it got it all except for the typical boring design. Its a tank case no doubt and can house tones of storage too. But the weight and design made my rethink...

Which case are you using now? Your signature says HAF 932... still using it?

I'm currently using my Corsair 780t Full Tower for my gaming rig.

Has anyone tried the optional front filter on the Lancool 216? Any feedback on how much it affects temps vs filtration?

Same as signature..HAF932.

Nice! I used to own the HAF 932 at one point. It's a really great case barring the fact that it drew too much dust with absolutely no filters. Plenty of airflow (think I had close to 10 fans in that case!) but the intake of substantial dust was probably one of the reasons I moved onto a Lian Li A70F Full Tower back then and sold the HAF.

I have been running my gaming rig on the 780t for the last 6+ years now and was thinking if I should get a Lancool II Mesh RGB just to change things up a bit. Problem is I think I love the 780t way too much so I'm unable to decide on if I should make the switch or not... the 780t is such a fantastic case by Corsair. The classy design, air flow, build, dust filters and mesh... all top notch.

Nice! I used to own the HAF 932 at one point. It's a really great case barring the fact that it drew too much dust with absolutely no filters. Plenty of airflow (think I had close to 10 fans in that case!) but the intake of substantial dust was probably one of the reasons I moved onto a Lian Li A70F Full Tower back then and sold the HAF.

I have been running my gaming rig on the 780t for the last 6+ years now and was thinking if I should get a Lancool II Mesh RGB just to change things up a bit. Problem is I think I love the 780t way too much so I'm unable to decide on if I should make the switch or not... the 780t is such a fantastic case by Corsair. The classy design, air flow, build, dust filters and mesh... all top notch.
Actually I gave my HAF932 to my brother who built a new system as he always liked my case a lot. I was case-less for 3 months and someone here whom I trusted broke my trust when he said he had X cabinet for X price and believing him I gaveaway case to my bro.
I was using my pc from a mobo box literally. Brother sold out his rig as he landed a job and got company laptop and I got my case back.

Actually I gave my HAF932 to my brother who built a new system as he always liked my case a lot. I was case-less for 3 months and someone here whom I trusted broke my trust when he said he had X cabinet for X price and believing him I gaveaway case to my bro.
I was using my pc from a mobo box literally. Brother sold out his rig as he landed a job and got company laptop and I got my case back.

That's sad to hear but seems like you missed and loved your HAF 932 and it came back to you again... :)

How do you manage to keep it dust free though? Have you made in DIY filters?

That's sad to hear but seems like you missed and loved your HAF 932 and it came back to you again... :)

How do you manage to keep it dust free though? Have you made in DIY filters?
Nothing! Mobo combo, gpu etc. was sitting inside a mobo box, psu was outside the box. No fans required as the rig was naturally open! Temps were cooler by 4c. Only issue was that my entire pc table was occupied. In fact no tangled wires as well as I always keep stuff neatly arranged and tucked.
After using the system, I just used to cover the box with a cardboard, that's it! Simple, free and a tidy vfm case.

TLDR: Lancool 2 mesh sits near the top of almost all case review from gamers nexus. Cable management is great with the ability to completely remove the HDD cage and turn off RGB. All for ~INR 8500.

Just wanted to mention that the Lian li lancool II mesh is an extremely good airflow case. I recently got the black rgb one for 8500 locally. RGB can be completely turned off. HDD cage is completely removable.

Temps on my 3080ti are down 10c average without the AC with gpu fan speed around 70% and case fans around 40-45%.

GPU core temperature is down to 66c from 75c, while gpu memory temp is down to 75c from 88c. CPU hotspot in early 70s.

5600x on AG620, CPU temps below 65c with OCCT/IBT

Case fans running at 40-45% rpm, sound wise not too noticeable.
  • 3x 120mm included fans as front intake
  • 3x 120mm exhaust (2x top 1x rear Arctic F120)
  • 2x 120mm below GPU (Artic p12 silent)

I wish there were more options with a horizontal motherboard tray. I prefer this layout much more that the standard one. Peace of mind considering GPUs and tower coolers are getting heavier by the day. Does anyone know of any cases apart from HAF XB and TT Core V21 which is available in India?

Which is the smallest case available here which fulfills the following three criteria -
1. Fits Micro ATX
2. At least one 5.25 inch bay
3. Fits ATX PSU of 160mm

TLDR: Lancool 2 mesh sits near the top of almost all case review from gamers nexus. Cable management is great with the ability to completely remove the HDD cage and turn off RGB. All for ~INR 8500.

Just wanted to mention that the Lian li lancool II mesh is an extremely good airflow case. I recently got the black rgb one for 8500 locally. RGB can be completely turned off. HDD cage is completely removable.

Temps on my 3080ti are down 10c average without the AC with gpu fan speed around 70% and case fans around 40-45%.

GPU core temperature is down to 66c from 75c, while gpu memory temp is down to 75c from 88c. CPU hotspot in early 70s.

5600x on AG620, CPU temps below 65c with OCCT/IBT

Case fans running at 40-45% rpm, sound wise not too noticeable.
  • 3x 120mm included fans as front intake
  • 3x 120mm exhaust (2x top 1x rear Arctic F120)
  • 2x 120mm below GPU (Artic p12 silent)

Which case were you using before? That's a significant drop in temperatures of your CPU and GPU after switching your case.

YES... the LL Lancool Mesh II is a fantastic case for the money! I have seen multiple reviews on Youtube about it and the case offers excellent air flow with great features. It's my absolute favorite high-airflow case and were it not for my beautiful Corsair Graphite 780T white full tower that I'm using now (and still in love with even after 6 long years!) I would have bought one for my gaming rig.

Btw, has anyone tried setting up an air-cooled build inside a Lian Li Dynamic O11 (Mid-tower) case? How were the temps? I personally want to get one for my alternate second PC and will try an air build inside it first. If it doesn't workout too well and CPU temps are high I can always get an AIO but I want to try an air cooled build in it first.

Last edited:
So, I think finally I have decided to change my beloved Corsair 780T case. The side panel acrylic is too scratched up now after 6.5 years of using the case and it doesn't look pleasing. Also, the humid climate of Kolkata has made the once spanking white case a tad jaded and yellow now so it's a good time to make the change. I won't be discarding the case but will re-commission it to a secondary PC backup PC.

Now, the case I have decided on after reading and watching videos is the Lian Li Lancool III RGB Mid Tower. Yes this case is going to be smaller in size when compared to my 780T but it more than makes up with modern features and has stellar airflow so my air-cooled rig will benefit. Cable management in it also very well segmented and I honestly like the entire chambered architecture of the Lancool Mesh series very much. Keeps things very tidy and spacious. You can mount a total of 10 fans in the case and that's all the cooling I'll ever need!

These 2 videos won me over:

Now, the case I have decided on after reading and watching videos is the Lian Li Lancool III RGB Mid Tower. Yes this case is going to be smaller in size when compared to my 780T but it more than makes up with modern features and has stellar airflow so my air-cooled rig will benefit. Cable management in it also very well segmented and I honestly like the entire chambered architecture of the Lancool Mesh series very much. Keeps things very tidy and spacious. You can mount a total of 10 fans in the case and that's all the cooling I'll ever need!

You won't be disappointed. Build quality wise also its very good, going by my lancool 2.

I chose 2 over 3, because 2's temps seemed better under load than 3, and it was ~3.5-4K cheaper. I wasn't sure what I was getting for the additional money.

Back