Case / Cabinets

I hate all cases including my 750D for being flimsy.
Give me a tank like HAF without 5.25 inch and flat look without curves like 750D,I'll upgrade.

I hate all cases including my 750D for being flimsy.
Give me a tank like HAF without 5.25 inch and flat look without curves like 750D,I'll upgrade.
My HAF932 TANK will be sale on soon...
So, I think finally I have decided to change my beloved Corsair 780T case. The side panel acrylic is too scratched up now after 6.5 years of using the case and it doesn't look pleasing. Also, the humid climate of Kolkata has made the once spanking white case a tad jaded and yellow now so it's a good time to make the change. I won't be discarding the case but will re-commission it to a secondary PC backup PC.

Now, the case I have decided on after reading and watching videos is the Lian Li Lancool III RGB Mid Tower. Yes this case is going to be smaller in size when compared to my 780T but it more than makes up with modern features and has stellar airflow so my air-cooled rig will benefit. Cable management in it also very well segmented and I honestly like the entire chambered architecture of the Lancool Mesh series very much. Keeps things very tidy and spacious. You can mount a total of 10 fans in the case and that's all the cooling I'll ever need!

These 2 videos won me over:

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed. Build quality wise also its very good, going by my lancool 2.

I chose 2 over 3, because 2's temps seemed better under load than 3, and it was ~3.5-4K cheaper. I wasn't sure what I was getting for the additional money.

If you go through the video by Gamers Nexus that I have posted the link to in my post above (Post No: 57 in this thread) you will see he does point out a number of differences between the Lancool II and III. The most significant ones I liked are:

- The Lancool III's side panel have gotten a front latch system now that can be used to open the glass side panels with much more ease.

- The tray below the GPU where you can mount SSD's... in the Mesh II you could mount 2 SSDs or 2 X 120mm fans. In the Mesh III you can mount 3 SSDs or 3 X 120mm fans now.

- The Mesh III is bigger than the Mesh II in dimensions but heavier as well.

- The front fans on the Mesh II have 3 independent headers but on the Mesh III they come with one single header and it comes with an additional RGB Fan hub.

- The HDD trays at the bottom chamber have been improved as well.

If you go through the video by Gamers Nexus that I have posted the link to in my post above (Post No: 57 in this thread) you will see he does point out a number of differences between the Lancool II and III. The most significant ones I liked are:

- The Lancool III's side panel have gotten a front latch system now that can be used to open the glass side panels with much more ease.

- The tray below the GPU where you can mount SSD's... in the Mesh II you could mount 2 SSDs or 2 X 120mm fans. In the Mesh III you can mount 3 SSDs or 3 X 120mm fans now.

- The Mesh III is bigger than the Mesh II in dimensions but heavier as well.

- The front fans on the Mesh II have 3 independent headers but on the Mesh III they come with one single header and it comes with an additional RGB Fan hub.

- The HDD trays at the bottom chamber have been improved as well.
SO have you ordered or not?

if i was spending 15kish on a case.. i would go with something that actually looks like a showpeice.. maybe the NV7 at 20k.

otherwise a lancool 216 can do 90% of what a lancool III can do.

Please no one buy this case. This is an old version of the lancool 2. It performs horribly.

The lancool 2 mesh is the version to get.

Correct!

It's either the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh or the Lancool III. No other cabinet now comes close to the amount of cooling these two have now for air cooled builds and they look beautiful.

What made you select this case above all the other ones you were interested in?

A welcome change actually and a return back to Lian Li after a long, long time. In the end I was interested in either getting the Corsair 7000D or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG. The Lancool III just wasn't up there in my "I'm liking this a lot" pyramid, it's fantastic case for the money though. The 7000D I figured would be a lot like my Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower (which is lying spare at the moment) and the inner structuring (barring the massive fan setup) wasn't a whole lot different from my current 780T Full Tower which is housing my gaming rig. Also, the Corsair 7000D is extremely heavy and weighs 20kg without any components inside! Once built and setup the weight would easily cross 30-35kgs and it would end up being an immovable object for the most part. Even small changes to fans involve moving a tower and in the 7000D's case it would be a stiff task. Also, the monolithic design isn't terribly exciting to look at all the time. It's a fantastic cabinet and maybe I will pick one up if I want to build a server rig again in the future. I've never had a tempered glass case before so this is something new for me and I'm looking forward to the arrival of the PC-O11... Aquarium PC's are stunning and I have plans of getting some nice fans for it.

Like I mentioned above, I'm returning to Lian Li after almost 14 years! My last Lian Li was a LL PC-A70F Xtreme Edition Full Tower which I bought from Sudhir Mani (he used to deal with Lian Li cases back in the day over here on TE). Those were fun times! A bunch of us (Gannu, Udit (RIP), Dr.Sankhadeep, Shripad, and other folks here) bought the huge full towers and setup our big rigs inside them! Those were days when a 60GB Mushkin SSD (also sold by Sudhir here) was a whopping 12-13k (IIRC) and we still had to have them in our PC!! Loading Windows up on our PC in a matter of a few seconds after pressing the power button was a wondrous new experience!

Why not the NV7? Its basically in the same price bracket and looks way better.

The NV7 black edition is almost 29k in PC Studios. It's OOS in Kolkata.

And as regards to "Looks"... in my eyes the LL PC-O11 looks better and that is all that matters in the end. I don't like the rear door nor the cable management rubbery spikes in the rear of the NV7. Again to each his own.

Back