Case / Cabinets

A welcome change actually and a return back to Lian Li after a long, long time. In the end I was interested in either getting the Corsair 7000D or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG. The Lancool III just wasn't up there in my "I'm liking this a lot" pyramid, it's fantastic case for the money though. The 7000D I figured would be a lot like my Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower (which is lying spare at the moment) and the inner structuring (barring the massive fan setup) wasn't a whole lot different from my current 780T Full Tower which is housing my gaming rig. Also, the Corsair 7000D is extremely heavy and weighs 20kg without any components inside! Once built and setup the weight would easily cross 30-35kgs and it would end up being an immovable object for the most part. Even small changes to fans involve moving a tower and in the 7000D's case it would be a stiff task. Also, the monolithic design isn't terribly exciting to look at all the time. It's a fantastic cabinet and maybe I will pick one up if I want to build a server rig again in the future. I've never had a tempered glass case before so this is something new for me and I'm looking forward to the arrival of the PC-O11... Aquarium PC's are stunning and I have plans of getting some nice fans for it.

Like I mentioned above, I'm returning to Lian Li after almost 14 years! My last Lian Li was a LL PC-A70F Xtreme Edition Full Tower which I bought from Sudhir Mani (he used to deal with Lian Li cases back in the day over here on TE). Those were fun times! A bunch of us (Gannu, Udit (RIP), Dr.Sankhadeep, Shripad, and other folks here) bought the huge full towers and setup our big rigs inside them! Those were days when a 60GB Mushkin SSD (also sold by Sudhir here) was a whopping 12-13k (IIRC) and we still had to have them in our PC!! Loading Windows up on our PC in a matter of a few seconds after pressing the power button was a wondrous new experience!
Appreciate the response. I see that each of your builds holds a memory and that will be the case for many of us here. I think going with O11 XL is the best choice. Phanteks and others are adapting to the fish tank case. But what sets Lian Li apart is that they have many accessories built around the case and it's been there in the market for a long time and parts are available relatively easily. Even though Phanteks NV7 looks better but O11 XL is no slouch and the amount of customizations that can be done is staggering. (Phanteks support is also a bit spotty given Acro/Phanteks USA response takes eons)

Appreciate the response. I see that each of your builds holds a memory and that will be the case for many of us here. I think going with O11 XL is the best choice. Phanteks and others are adapting to the fish tank case. But what sets Lian Li apart is that they have many accessories built around the case and it's been there in the market for a long time and parts are available relatively easily. Even though Phanteks NV7 looks better but O11 XL is no slouch and the amount of customizations that can be done is staggering. (Phanteks support is also a bit spotty given Acro/Phanteks USA response takes eons)

Thank-you for understanding and I think it comes down to the fact of which case appeals to you more in the end. Looks are subjective. I remember when the HAF 932 came out years ago some people hated it because it was just too rugged and heavy. I took a chance and got it... bought a bunch of Xigmatek LED fans, a NZXT Sentry LX fan controller and set up an new AMD rig in it! Loved it to bits... it was a beast of a chassis! With all the bling from the fans it looked like a million bucks :cool:

I for one don't quite like certain things about the NV7 and that's why my appeal lies more with the LL PC-011. Both are FANTASTIC cases and when you deck them up with good looking fans and hardware they look stunning like a work of art. Cases have come a long way from the usual look they used to have back in the day. I'm sure for the ones who are recently buying Fish Tank cases for the first time we are bound to get excited at the prospect of how they will look once they are set up on or near your desk. If I bought the 7000D I'm sure some folks would ask me why I chose such a heavy and robust full tower case and if I actually was going to use it for massive radiator mounts! It's also reminiscent of the older, archaic layout of the Obsidian series.

I think whichever case we get, we should be happy and enjoy the hobby! We all know when the honeymoon period is over with anything... the next search for a suitable upgrade auto-restarts sooner than we expect! ;)

After 6 years ordered a new case today for my gaming rig... The Lian Li PC-O11 XL ROG Edition Full Tower :D
Not exactly a bummer but a shock for me at least. I still didn't get it what made you go for this case when you were 99% inclined towards the Lancool II Mesh and Mesh III & 7000D which was going to be your nail down purchase.
You were always in doubt with O11 Dynamic wrt cooling etc. factors.
Did you got a great deal or something?
W also exchanged few pms for clearing your doubt on O11 so was that one factor in selecting this?

I still cannot digest the choice..acidity...ENO..jaljeera! :tearsofjoy:

Not exactly a bummer but a shock for me at least. I still didn't get it what made you go for this case when you were 99% inclined towards the Lancool II Mesh and Mesh III & 7000D which was going to be your nail down purchase.
You were always in doubt with O11 Dynamic wrt cooling etc. factors.
Did you got a great deal or something?
W also exchanged few pms for clearing your doubt on O11 so was that one factor in selecting this?

I still cannot digest the choice..acidity...ENO..jaljeera! :tearsofjoy:

Simple change of mind. I thought lets get something completely different and a Fish Tank PC is just that!

Looking forward to the case arriving... man am I excited or what!! Will be ordering the Lian Li UNI fans tomorrow :)

Planned a fan airflow layout for my new Lian Li PC-O11 XL case:
Lian Li PC-O11 XL Airflowpng.jpg

Pretty standard 10-Fan layout for the case. Since I'll be air-cooling the CPU I'm going for side and bottom intakes. Making rear and top as exhaust. I have all the 6 Corsair AF120 fans (new), XPG Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon fan (new) with me and 1 X CM MF120 (new) fan as well. The 2 remaining MF120 fans I have ordered and should be receiving tomorrow. Then I'm all set with fans. I thought of using the new fans I have for now instead of immediately buying the Lian Li Uni fans. I will though in the future. Need to get a Deepcool Fan Hub. Since my motherboard does not have ARGB pins I will be using a Cooler Master ARGB mini-controller with splitters.

As for storage I would really like to make this an all SSD rig with no 3.5" drives although I might have to put in a single 3.5" drive. All other drives will remain in my NAS PC, RPI and externals will be attached to the NUC. I plan on removing the upper HDD cage in the PC-O11 and just keeping one cage.

Will get my Lian Li PC-O11 case setup and ready over the weekend as weekdays I won't get the time. Here are a few photos of the case, stripped of the side panels and top. Just the barebone frame:

IMG_20230728_124358.jpg

The Detachable Bottom Fan Baseplate (3 X 120mm/ 2 X 140mm):
IMG_20230728_124035.jpg

IMG_20230728_124116.jpg

IMG_20230728_124123.jpg

IMG_20230728_124201.jpg

IMG_20230728_124358.jpg

Hot-Swap Drive Caddies (HDD and SSD compatible):
IMG_20230728_124700.jpg

Soft & Supple Rubber Grommets:
IMG_20230728_131224.jpg

Bottom Filter Tray:
IMG_20230728_131411.jpg

Top & Side Panel Filters:
IMG_20230728_131424.jpg

^^ There is a gripe I have with these particular type of filters. They flip-flop once taken out and the side magnetic strips come loose with time and detach from the metal filtration mesh. I have these same kind of filters on my Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower case as well and don't like them quite frankly. I won't be using the top filter mesh in the PC-O11 as the fans will all be set to exhaust at the topside.

Size comparison photos of my Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower and the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower cabinets:
IMG_20230729_132039.jpg

Left: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower
Right: Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower

IMG_20230729_132127.jpg

Cheers! :)

Will get my Lian Li PC-O11 case setup and ready over the weekend as weekdays I won't get the time. Here are a few photos of the case, stripped of the side panels and top. Just the barebone frame:

View attachment 173830

The Detachable Bottom Fan Baseplate (3 X 120mm/ 2 X 140mm):
View attachment 173831

View attachment 173850

View attachment 173851

View attachment 173852

View attachment 173853

Hot-Swap Drive Caddies (HDD and SSD compatible):
View attachment 173854

Soft & Supple Rubber Grommets:
View attachment 173855

Bottom Filter Tray:
View attachment 173856

Top & Side Panel Filters:
View attachment 173857
^^ There is a gripe I have with these particular type of filters. They flip-flop once taken out and the side magnetic strips come loose with time and detach from the metal filtration mesh. I have these same kind of filters on my Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower case as well and don't like them quite frankly. I won't be using the top filter mesh in the PC-O11 as the fans will all be set to exhaust at the topside.

Size comparison photos of my Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower and the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower cabinets:
View attachment 173859
Left: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower
Right: Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower

View attachment 173860

Cheers! :)
I too have corsair 780t. Nothing beats it

Just bought the Lancool 216. Headed straight down to Clarion Computers (Kolkata) and picked it up. I think I have broken arms. The thing is a TANK.

Looks great, too. Mind you, I'm upgrading from a Corsair Spec-02 :hungover:
So I can't use the RGB on the front fans :mad:

The aRGB header on the case Hub/Fans correctly uses a 3-pin 5V connector. However, there is a gap.

But the 3-pin RGB headers on my board do not have a gap in-between the pins. So I cannot use them :sorry:

Attachments

• board.png
    board.png
    450.5 KB · Views: 52
  • header.jpg
    header.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 54
Completed transferring my rig into the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower.

The case is easy to build in because of the fact that once you remove all the side panels it becomes a barebone frame and even if you have thick muscled arms you don't have a problem working inside the chassis. Managing cables on the front side of the cabinet is a breeze because there are many nicely placed grommets to run cables through and because the PSU is on the back chamber, completely away from the front side it's even better. On the backside though it's a beast of a task when you have so many fans in a case and with ARGB fans the number of wires doubles up. Plus I had a fan hub and a ARGB controller pod. The fan hub in the end looked like a spider with all the dan wires plugged into it, LoL! I have removed one of the two HDD caddies at the back (which makes the backside more spacious) and the system is only now running on 2.5" SSDs. Only 1 3.5" HDD is currenly connected to the PC via a HDD Dock (USB).

Now, because the right side panel on the PC-O11 is solid metal and not made with tempered glass you can just moderately manage the cables, fix the inner cable shroud bar, slap the panel on and be done. This is actually great for someone like me who refuses to spend 5-6 hours only on cable management. I respect someone who does that wholeheartedly but I just don't see myself doing it. I did the best I could and slapped the panel on. I was happy. Also, the AK620 is a BIG cooler but inside my Corsair 780T full tower it was dwarfed! Inside the Lian Li PC-O11 though it's looks like a proper Iceberg! If the cooler was an inch taller (the Digital AK620 is actually more tall than the non-digital variant owing to the magnetic LCD screen sitting on top of the towers that digitally shows the temperature display) then the left tempered glass side panel would not close. Thankfully it's a whisker shy!

Now coming to the all important thermals, I haven't had the time to game on the system yet but so far with normal tasks the Ryzen 5600X sitting quietly under the heavy Deepcool AK620 Digital ranges from 37C to 40C. In my Corsair 780T before this it used to stay between 38C to 42C. No spikes so that's a good thing and idle temps are seeming to be actually better in this case! I have 10 fans in the system (excluding the AK620's push-pull fans): 6 are Intake and 4 are exhaust. The case is running on +ve pressure.

IMG_20230730_210205.jpg

IMG_20230730_210452.jpg

The Deepcool AK620 "Iceberg":
IMG_20230730_210506.jpg

And here's Catwoman taking a peek out the window ;)
IMG_20230730_211027.jpg

More RGB = More FPS :playful:

This is a small video I made showing all the cool light modes of the Front Panel LED strip on the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Full Tower:

The modes are changed with two buttons provided on the front panel sidebar.

Are there any cases currently available new similar to Case Labs? I have heard they are working on coming back under new leadership but in the meantime is something available of the same type?

LoL! So as not to smudge the front glass... I was also opening the side panels for doing something inside the cabinet. :p
Do you have motherboard sync option available for Corsair fan control software? If so, you will get uniform lighting for all fans for which mobs sync is enabled.

Are there any cases currently available new similar to Case Labs? I have heard they are working on coming back under new leadership but in the meantime is something available of the same type?

Aaah... the good ol'd BIG fridges from CaseLabs:

1sPlAh.jpg

^^ Look at the CaseLabs Magnum TX-10D on the right... absolute BEAST!

I don't quite think you will get anything as huge and spaciously structured like the CaseLab cases right now unless you go DIY. Maybe once they re-start operations you can order one. Good thing is you can contact them over email now, their contact details are available here:

CASELABS

Also, sporadic updates regarding their hopeful resurrection which I follow are posted here:

CASELABS Resurrected

Seems now they will have two production centers independently... one focusing on the US market and the other on Europe, Asia and the Rest of the World separately.

Back